PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Webbyboy
10-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and hopefully to get some help from here. I am currently 231lbs and 6'23ft tall. Would like to reduce my weight to around 170 - 180lbs. What type of cardio exercises is good for beginners like me? Most of my fats are around the thighs, stomach and chest and neck/chin part. Will treadmill running and stationery bike 20minutes each, 3 times a week work? Hopefully to get some good results in about 3 month's time. Hopefully some veterans here will advise me.

hotgymchick
10-21-2003, 10:38 AM
If you have never exercised before, 20 minutes 3 times a week is a best bet, but you'll need to work up (perferably 10% per week) in order to see increasing results.

Are you lifting weights?

How is your diet?

musclemidget
10-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by hotgymchick
If you have never exercised before, 20 minutes 3 times a week is a best bet, but you'll need to work up (perferably 10% per week) in order to see increasing results.

Are you lifting weights?

How is your diet?

bump, we need info to advise.

Webbyboy
10-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Nope i am not lifting weights..but would like to include in my lose weight programme. I don't eat specific food everyday. Sometimes i skip my breakfast and when i am eating it probably a cup of coco, and a few pieces of bread. Afternoon will be noodles with chicken and fish (asian food), night will be brown rice with chicken/pork, veg and sometimes fish. How much calories should i intake everyday?

Webbyboy
10-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Will this be a good meal?

musclemidget
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
shoot for around 2450 cals a day. try to cut out all refined sugar except pw. eat at least 230g protein when you do start to lift. try a thermo too. do cardio at least 3x a week.

Webbyboy
10-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by musclemidget
shoot for around 2450 cals a day. try to cut out all refined sugar except pw. eat at least 230g protein when you do start to lift. try a thermo too. do cardio at least 3x a week.

Will Keto dietary speeds up the process of losing fat too? So it is advisable to intake protein after a workout?

as0l0
10-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Webbyboy
Will Keto dietary speeds up the process of losing fat too?
no

musclemidget
10-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Webbyboy
Will Keto dietary speeds up the process of losing fat too? So it is advisable to intake protein after a workout?

it will turn the body into a fat metabolizing state. this means that you are burning fat as a primary source and also w/keto, comes a hightened protein intake due to the foods you eat. these 2 factors produce a fat burning state along w/a muscle sparing effect. thats why i love keto.

as0l0
10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by musclemidget
it will turn the body into a fat metabolizing state. this means that you are burning fat as a primary source and also w/keto, comes a hightened protein intake due to the foods you eat. these 2 factors produce a fat burning state along w/a muscle sparing effect. thats why i love keto.
you are still burning the same amount of stored fat.

extra protein can be added simply by eating more protein.

carbs are muscle sparing.