PDA

View Full Version : Getting my nutrition right

The Protagonist
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi

I'm having difficulty getting my nutrition and diet right. I am finding it hard to build the the discipline to eat the right foods in the right caloric amounts, and then also have the discipline to right them down, record them, put them into the correct macro nutrient ratios, and make sure that I am eating the right amount of protein.

My question to those that do this successfully, which I am sure is the majority of you, how did you build the discipline to do this? Can you give me any advice or the like?

I have tried using sites like fitday.com or nutridiary.com but the problem is when I eat Indian food which my Mom makes its not listed there, or when I eat a certain brown rice based pasta with tomato sauce, that is also not listed. Atleast one or two of my daily meals I've found is not listed on their site.

thanks

Dave P
03-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Eventually you need to hit a breaking point. Usually for most you become fat enough where a "enough is enough" type mentality sets in. Hitting rock bottom is the biggest motivation you'll ever get to pull yourself out of it.

It boils down to wanting it. Its one thing to think to yourself "yea that would be nice...I wish I could have the discipline to do that". Its something else to think to yourself "I am determined to recomp my body and in 2 years I'll be looking amazing".

Question is...How bad do you want it?

If you lack the discipline then chances are the answer is "not bad enough".

The Protagonist
03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Well I think that today I've pretty much hit rock bottom man, hard to describe this feeling in words

I just know, I gotta change

Dave P
03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Well then that in and of itself should be enough motivation to develop a plan and stick to it. Rome wasnt built in a day and neither was anyone on this sights knowledge base. Just dive in and start reading up as much as you can. If your mom makes food and you dont know what the calories are its not that hard to figure out. Just figure out the nutrition facts for each ingredient. Add the totals up and then divide by serving size. You now have the nutrition data for whatever it is your mom makes.

It takes a certain amount of passion my friend. The hardest part is getting the boulder to start rolling. Once its rolling it will only pick up speed and take off.

The Protagonist
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
good stuff there, I was just being lazy I suppose. I mean it's gonna be a major problem to do that, but gotta do it