PDA

View Full Version : Help Losing Weight

JuniitoBXB
05-14-2019, 11:33 AM
I don’t know were to begin or how, this is actually my first time writing. Over the years Ive tried so many failed diets anything you can name. Slim fast, hydroxycut, fasting, salad only, whether healthy or unhealthy I tried different ways. The thing is I really dont eat alot maybe once or twice a day. My metabolism is shot and my testosterone levels are low. Im a big guy about 400 and I dont know were else to turn or how else to go about it. Im in New York i wont lie about it when i do eat its late at night and most likely unhealthy places opened late.

xsquid99
05-14-2019, 03:13 PM
You have a very big misunderstanding of nutrition. Your metabolism is not "shot", you're eating too many calories every day. Doesn't matter that you're only eating a couple times or what time of day you're eating if you're taking in more calories than you're burning.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165843261

MKNorman94
05-14-2019, 06:19 PM
i wont lie about it when i do eat its late at night and most likely unhealthy places opened late.

You just answered your own problem. You claim that you have tried "so many diets and have failed", but you have admitted twice to eating unhealthy. You won't lose weight by eating crap. I guarantee that if you were on a clean diet, you probably gave it 1-2 weeks and quit after not seeing immediate results, then went straight back to junk food. Rinse and repeat.

You have to give it time, be patient. And you need to have a goal, if you don't set goals then you won't get anywhere. You say you want to lose weight, how much are you trying to lose and in what amount of time? Start small and say maybe 50 pounds in 6 months and go from there. Maybe start writing everything down in a planner each day, write down EVERYTHING you eat and write down how many calories each thing you eat has in it to make sure you don't go over. Whatever it takes to keep you on track. I'm currently on a 30 day strictly clean diet with 1 cheat meal on Sundays for my cut, and I personally have to write everything down or else I'll go over my macros.
Also, try to throw in strength training and maybe do some cardio to burn the extra calories (I might get down-voted for using the C word on here).

Tucane
05-15-2019, 07:07 AM
You just answered your own problem. You claim that you have tried "so many diets and have failed", but you have admitted twice to eating unhealthy. You won't lose weight by eating crap. I guarantee that if you were on a clean diet, you probably gave it 1-2 weeks and quit after not seeing immediate results, then went straight back to junk food. Rinse and repeat.

You have to give it time, be patient. And you need to have a goal, if you don't set goals then you won't get anywhere. You say you want to lose weight, how much are you trying to lose and in what amount of time? Start small and say maybe 50 pounds in 6 months and go from there. Maybe start writing everything down in a planner each day, write down EVERYTHING you eat and write down how many calories each thing you eat has in it to make sure you don't go over. Whatever it takes to keep you on track. I'm currently on a 30 day strictly clean diet with 1 cheat meal on Sundays for my cut, and I personally have to write everything down or else I'll go over my macros.
Also, try to throw in strength training and maybe do some cardio to burn the extra calories (I might get down-voted for using the C word on here).

Cheat? Clean? That's two strikes!

Cardio is fine imo, as is your advice if one chooses to neclect the two questionable C-words.

For OP, if the testosterone problem isn't solved by diet/exercise over time, you should see a doctor.

JimmyTheL
05-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Cheat and Clean are OK terms for beginners in nutrition. Keep their eating habits healthier and under control.

TheUnderdog83
05-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Cheat and Clean are OK terms for beginners in nutrition. Keep their eating habits healthier and under control.

Cheat can be dangerous for a beginner who weighs 400 pounds. There are likely some foods OP has trouble with portion control, it is likely best to avoid those foods altogether for a time.

Tommy W.
05-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Cheat and Clean are OK terms for beginners in nutrition. Keep their eating habits healthier and under control.Both of those can have adverse effects. Trying to be "clean" all the time will lead to binging and cheating shouldn't be in anyone's vocabulary that is over 10% bodyfat. The only diet that works is one that is sustainable after the weight comes off. Cheating shouldn't be necessary if you fit in a few "fun foods" throughout the week and keep within you caloric goals.