PDA

View Full Version : Added fat after only one week of a bulk

miller2144
05-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,

I've started what is for me a very aggressive bulk, I am generally skinny ish, and decided to not count calories specificity, more so focusing on eating more which is what I struggled with.

Now that I've been eating more, and I mean it's nothing crazy, like no fast food, but smashing down the protein shakes and eating more then I usually would.

I've been going to the gym 3x a week and split it into arms, chest and shoulders, legs and back, doing 4 excercises each group for 3 sets 10 reps aiming for more or less as heavy as I can.

Now after a week, I've visually put some fat on my nips, hips and buttox. What do I do from here? Cut down food? Go to the gym more? Cut out carbs?

I'm 6'3 and 95kg atm post this week, ive gained around 3 kg. Any advice would be great.

SuffolkPunch
05-12-2019, 05:16 AM
Probably bloating and water retention plays a part - but if you aren't counting we can't be sure.

The solution is to count and make adjustments going forward.

Tommy W.
05-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Hey guys,

I've started what is for me a very aggressive bulk, I am generally skinny ish, and decided to not count calories specificity, more so focusing on eating more which is what I struggled with.

Now that I've been eating more, and I mean it's nothing crazy, like no fast food, but smashing down the protein shakes and eating more then I usually would.

I've been going to the gym 3x a week and split it into arms, chest and shoulders, legs and back, doing 4 excercises each group for 3 sets 10 reps aiming for more or less as heavy as I can.

Now after a week, I've visually put some fat on my nips, hips and buttox. What do I do from here? Cut down food? Go to the gym more? Cut out carbs?

I'm 6'3 and 95kg atm post this week, ive gained around 3 kg. Any advice would be great.You haven't gained 3kg of fat. Use the measurement of your waist when measured at the navel as an indicator of fat gain. For most people 1" gain there is about 5-7 lbs of fat gain. When this number starts climbing you need to calculate that with how much your gaining and adjust calories accordingly.

faithbrah
05-13-2019, 04:11 AM
probably water weight. you should at least try to count calories (no scale needed, just a mental count)

Tommy W.
05-13-2019, 06:19 AM
you should at least try to count calories (no scale needed, just a mental count)Use a scale or you're just guessing and that can be worse than not counting at all.