PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss stalled: IF, resistance training and cardio

training12
04-30-2019, 03:02 PM
I have been on IF for a year. Do resistance training 2/3 times a week and cardio 20 mins or so after each session and also 1-1.5 hours cardio on other days 1/2 days a week.

Have seen a tiny drop in weight. Lost a good amount previously now seem to have plateaued. Calories are low and stick to a good diet mostly. Could it be an issue with metabolism. Or do I need to change the type of foods, exercise etc. Saw some increase on weight now has dropped, seems to be no changes for months.

Calories: 1174
Carbs: 137
Fat : 45
Protein: 56

xsquid99
04-30-2019, 03:05 PM
Those calories seem drastically low, even for a small person.

Sex? Height? Weight?

training12
04-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Those calories seem drastically low, even for a small person.

Sex? Height? Weight?

Male 5'11 79kg

My weight is not so concerning. I want to lose the belly. Which naturally will involve weight loss. It has reduced but the composition is not great.

xsquid99
04-30-2019, 03:12 PM
Male 5'11 79kg

My weight is not so concerning. I want to lose the belly. Which naturally will involve weight loss. It has reduced but the composition is not great.

Ok, I don't really believe that you're only eating 1100 calories a day at that weight and not dropping weight like a rock. You also should never drop below daily recommended minimums of 0.7g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of bodyweight.

Also, if you are lacking muscle mass its very likely that no amount of dieting is going to cause you to lose your belly completely without having you look like a skeleton, so you may want to post a shirtless forward facing photo of your entire upper body for us on the forum to give you better advice.

CommitmentRulz
04-30-2019, 03:15 PM
I expect you wont get very different answers from your post in September 2018, saying the same thing... https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176221621

You are not counting correctly.

training12
04-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Ok, I don't really believe that you're only eating 1100 calories a day at that weight and not dropping weight like a rock. You also should never drop below daily recommended minimums of 0.7g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of bodyweight.

Also, if you are lacking muscle mass its very likely that no amount of dieting is going to cause you to lose your belly completely without having you look like a skeleton, so you may want to post a shirtless forward facing photo of your entire upper body for us on the forum to give you better advice.

Could be some inaccuracy in calories, not to a great degree. I use apps and jot down what I eat. Lets say it is more then what I have registered, there should still be a drop.

Eating the protein of 0.7g per pound would be 122 g. That would require me to double my intake. I would need to look for a cheap way to get the required amount with not eating too many carbs.

Your suggestion is an increase in protein and resistance training?
Does IF do anything or is it a tool for calorie deficit. I use to do 16 hours, increased it t0 18 hours. Am doing 20 hours a 2/3 days a week too.

training12
04-30-2019, 03:25 PM
I expect you wont get very different answers from your post in September 2018, saying the same thing... https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176221621

You are not counting correctly.

Could be, I know what I eat. Maybe the numbers are wrong, they wont be that much more then what the app/packets has them down as.
If it is close enough and there isnt any change, what can the factors be. Anything i should get checked?

xsquid99
04-30-2019, 03:45 PM
Could be some inaccuracy in calories, not to a great degree. I use apps and jot down what I eat. Lets say it is more then what I have registered, there should still be a drop.

Eating the protein of 0.7g per pound would be 122 g. That would require me to double my intake. I would need to look for a cheap way to get the required amount with not eating too many carbs.

Your suggestion is an increase in protein and resistance training?
Does IF do anything or is it a tool for calorie deficit. I use to do 16 hours, increased it t0 18 hours. Am doing 20 hours a 2/3 days a week too.

It would require you to double your protein if you are accurately counting that you're only eating 56g a day, but I do not believe for a second that you are accurately counting any of your calories. I'd venture to say that you're eating well over 2000 calories a day and you just suck at tracking.

IF is just a tool for creating a calorie deficit or used purely for convenience, it really has no other proven benefits.

training12
04-30-2019, 03:53 PM
It would require you to double your protein if you are accurately counting that you're only eating 56g a day, but I do not believe for a second that you are accurately counting any of your calories. I'd venture to say that you're eating well over 2000 calories a day and you just suck at tracking.

IF is just a tool for creating a calorie deficit or used purely for convenience, it really has no other proven benefits.

I agree with the IF, as has shown little benefit.
On the calories I think it can be higher then what is recorded. I have recorded what I eat. Unless I'm not recording things, which is not the case. Maybe I miss something once in a while. Comes down the calories on the apps for these foods. if it is accurate am not clear what else to do.

CommitmentRulz
04-30-2019, 04:03 PM
Are you ONLY eating prepackaged foods? If NOT, you need to be weighing it on a scale. Everything, including, drinks, oils, sauces, and dressings.

Also, on pre-packaged foods, are you checking # of servings and multiplying by # calories in a serving? For example that one package of food MIGHT be listed at four servings @ 250 calories a serving, for a TOTAL of 1000 calories. Just checking for obvious errors. ;-)

training12
04-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Are you ONLY eating prepackaged foods? If NOT, you need to be weighing it on a scale. Everything, including, drinks, oils, sauces, and dressings.

Also, on pre-packaged foods, are you checking # of servings and multiplying by # calories in a serving? For example that one package of food MIGHT be listed at four servings @ 250 calories a serving, for a TOTAL of 1000 calories. Just checking for obvious errors. ;-)

I weigh it. Calculate everything against that. If the nutrition is for 100g and I eat 50g or 100g. Will record it with the weight I eat.
I am not weighing oil to be honest. I can do that, I'm not using that much. All other items are being recorded.

For this month I'll start fresh and record any other items also which I think I may be missing like oil and see the results. With an attempt to increase protein gradually.

xsquid99
04-30-2019, 04:32 PM
We had a guy on here a while back who was neglecting to count his drinks (specifically his cream and sugar in his coffee), which as it turned out was adding another 700 calories a day to his total.

Everything counts, every single snack, piece of candy, soda, etc. You might be eating 1100 calories on some days, but I guarantee you're blowing past it on others. The average restaurant meal these days contains 1500 calories alone. Just some things to think about.

zanisbar
05-01-2019, 02:07 AM
try posting what you ate(everything,down to last bit) and what you used to measure that food,for one or two days,i am pretty sure we can find some error here and there,or atleast record everything for 2-3 days without even a single "snack" here and there,and then post that,i think we can then find a problem then,at your height and weight you should be losing a pound and half(or even two pounds) every week with just about 1200 calories a day.