PDA

View Full Version : For how long can I take creatine?

rohitscorpio28
04-27-2019, 02:21 PM
I'm a beginner who is really skinny and has been working out for almost an year. I did not see any significant gains in the initial phase but then I finally realized that its mostly about the diet. I finally developed an appetite and eating as much as I can. In addition to that I am taking a weight gainer (Serious Mass by ON) with creatine (Micronized Creatine by ON), also whey protein (Syntha 6 by BSN). But since I want to build muscles from whole food, I keep the supplement intake to a minimal amount. I take a scoop of protein in the morning with breakfast. And I take half a scoop of my gainer (recommended size is 2 scoop) with 2-3 grams of creatine post workout. And I also take 1-1.5 grams of creatine in pre-workout because it improves my workout. I have finally started to see some significant gains. It maybe because of the food, or creatine or maybe everything. My main question is how long can I keep taking the creatine like this if I'm taking it only 5 days a week about 3-4 grams in total. I did not opt for any loading phase. I started with 3 grams only and I have been taking it for almost a month.

Ghawk21
04-27-2019, 04:16 PM
3-5 grams everyday for literally the rest of your life if you want. There's no reason to ever cycle off of it. You should take it everyday though and timing doesn't matter.

TheUnderdog83
04-27-2019, 04:34 PM
Yep, stop taking it if your muscle becomes too large and awesome.

boo99
04-27-2019, 05:01 PM
Until you meet your maker

gbullock32
04-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Until you meet your makerI visit my parents fairly often, guess I'm out of luck.

boo99
04-27-2019, 11:35 PM
i visit my parents fairly often, guess i'm out of luck.

Hehe :D

rohitscorpio28
04-28-2019, 08:30 AM
Should I take it on non-training days as well ? Also what would be the best drink to take it with ? Currently I'm taking it with my weight gainer but from what I've heard and read, weight gainers are pretty much useless as they have a very high sugar content. So I might soon discontinue taking it. And I also read that creatine works best with carbohydrate drinks. Can't really figure out which ones.

Mrpb
04-28-2019, 08:33 AM
3 gram monohydrate everyday. Water or any other drink you like