PDA

View Full Version : Should I stop eating at a calorie deficit until I can lift weights again?

wateriswet123
04-25-2019, 04:37 AM
I pulled a muscle in my chest which aches when I bend my upper chest and the doctor told me to not lift weights for at least a couple of weeks till it heals.

So I don't lose more muscle than I can afford from not lifting weights while cutting should I just eat at maintenance for a few weeks till the muscle heals?

I'm currently eating 2000 calories a day which is about a 500cal deficit.

SuffolkPunch
04-25-2019, 04:43 AM
Yeah, probably.

wateriswet123
04-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Yeah, probably.
Do you know if continuing on a caloric deficit without weightlifting would lose a lot of muscle for a few weeks, or would it not really do much? Tbh I don't wanna stop losing weight because I've been on a roll for the first time in years

Tucane
04-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Use the time to work muscles unrelated to your chest, such as legs or other parts? Unless your doctor said you shouldn't... you could even call and ask him/her.

Maintenance calories as a minimum so that you don't risk slowing down the healing process^^

SuffolkPunch
04-26-2019, 01:05 AM
Do you know if continuing on a caloric deficit without weightlifting would lose a lot of muscle for a few weeks, or would it not really do much? Tbh I don't wanna stop losing weight because I've been on a roll for the first time in years

I can't quantify it but personally I wouldn't want to lose any muscle.