PDA

View Full Version : Is i am over doing with supplements

evilbug33
02-25-2019, 09:41 AM
PROs need advise. I am 37 and here is my routine for using Supplements can you please advise if i am over doing or not

First thing in the morning i take one scoop of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water (8 Am)

Next I take one Scoop of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water (12pm)

i take PRE WORK LIT 30 min before doing workout (6pm)
i take EVL BCAA during Workout
I take one scoop of of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water Right after workout (7:30pm)

I am trying to gain muscle. i have been working out regularly from past 4 months and i feel good about my healthy/body/stamina
I do take Good healthy breakfast and lunch dont eat dinner just some broccoli or salad.
i workout 6 days Sundays OFF.

Please Advise :) if i am overdoing with Whey or its ok.

BigDaddyBrose
02-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Nothing there is over the top however I’d personally eat more and maybe try to keep track of your intake so you’re getting enough to build the muscle and gain strength. But not knowing your nutritional stats I can’t say for sure. No supplement will ever take the place of actual food, even protein powder. It’s good for filling in gaps.

bLinkMoore
02-25-2019, 01:37 PM
You're not overdoing it, it's just not necessary. I really like the Beyond Raw: Lit preworkout, and would recommend keeping that.

BCAAs are a waste of money--if you're eating a normal diet, you don't need to supplement with amino acids.

Protein powder is fine, but again--a solid post workout meal will do the job just as well and save money.
Basically, your current supplements are totally reasonable but not necessary. I'd recommend dropping the BCAAs and replacing it with creatine monohydrate, and only take the whey on days when you don't get a filling post workout meal

dougefresh93
02-25-2019, 01:54 PM
PROs need advise. I am 37 and here is my routine for using Supplements can you please advise if i am over doing or not

First thing in the morning i take one scoop of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water (8 Am)

Next I take one Scoop of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water (12pm)

i take PRE WORK LIT 30 min before doing workout (6pm)
i take EVL BCAA during Workout
I take one scoop of of ON WHEY GOLD STANDARD with Water Right after workout (7:30pm)

I am trying to gain muscle. i have been working out regularly from past 4 months and i feel good about my healthy/body/stamina
I do take Good healthy breakfast and lunch dont eat dinner just some broccoli or salad.
i workout 6 days Sundays OFF.

Please Advise :) if i am overdoing with Whey or its ok.

what's the diet like?

evilbug33
02-25-2019, 02:13 PM
what's the diet like?

8AM First thing WHEY Shake

Breakfast (9am)
2 Eggs (156 Cal)
2 White Toast (87)
2 Hash Brown Patties (300 Cal)
I mug Coffee

12pm
Whey Protein (ON GOLD STANDARD)
Handful of Nuts (Cashew+Almonds)

2pm LUNCH
Chicken Steak with White Rice (approx 200 Cal)

4pm Black Tea

6pm Pre Wok LIT
7:30pm WHEY ON

9pm Dinner
Caesar Salad or Broiled Broccoli bunch

This is is my most regular diet for workout days. i do eat dinner on Saturday usually out.

evilbug33
02-25-2019, 02:14 PM
You're not overdoing it, it's just not necessary. I really like the Beyond Raw: Lit preworkout, and would recommend keeping that.

BCAAs are a waste of money--if you're eating a normal diet, you don't need to supplement with amino acids.

Protein powder is fine, but again--a solid post workout meal will do the job just as well and save money.
Basically, your current supplements are totally reasonable but not necessary. I'd recommend dropping the BCAAs and replacing it with creatine monohydrate, and only take the whey on days when you don't get a filling post workout meal

Thank you will work on this

lucia316
02-26-2019, 11:35 AM

Breakfast (9am)
2 Eggs (156 Cal)
2 White Toast (87)
I mug Coffee

12pm

2pm LUNCH

4pm Black Tea

6pm Pre Wok LIT

9pm Dinner

This is is my most regular diet for workout days. i do eat dinner on Saturday usually out.

He meant what is your caloric goal to TDEE depending on your goal and macros. This looks pretty poor.

Farley1324
02-26-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: Diet. What are your daily calories and carb/fat/protein?

Don't spend money on bc aa

BenMcLeodNZ
02-26-2019, 10:39 PM
Pretty late for taking a PWO after 5pm right? Only reason to take caffeine PWO is if you're an addict.

mtpaquette
02-27-2019, 05:26 AM
Pretty late for taking a PWO after 5pm right? Only reason to take caffeine PWO is if you're an addict.Wot? :confused:

I take pre usually 730-930pm. Typically asleep by 2am including training for 1-2hr and meal prepping.

Breakfast (9am)
2 Eggs (156 Cal)
2 White Toast (87)
I mug Coffee

12pm

2pm LUNCH

4pm Black Tea

6pm Pre Wok LIT

9pm Dinner

This doesn't tell anyone anything to be able to assist you. Are you trying to cut, bulk, or maintain? How consistent are you hitting your macros? What's your surplus or deficit? How (much) you are eating is just as important as (what) you are eating, and likely a little more so.

Silencespeaks
02-27-2019, 05:30 AM
Yes

You don’t need any supplements other than a regular multivitamin.

Just try to get a decent amount of protein from food and you’re good. Don’t waste your money on anything else.

JCubb12
02-27-2019, 05:40 AM
Since you are using shakes to maintain a constant intake of protein throughout the day, you may want to consider switching to a blend or mixing in casein instead of pure whey. It'll expand your absorption window compared to just the whey. Maybe try half a scoop of both in your shake. Something to think about.

grubman
02-27-2019, 06:42 AM
Evil bug, if my math guesstimating is correct, that’s 1,50O calories (or less) a day!? Unless you weigh, like 100 pounds, and are sedentary, that isnt going to give you near the calories you need to build muscle.

Nothing wrong with protien powder as part of your diet (it’s just food), but you really need to work on finding your TDEE and eating enough calories for your goal AND general health. If your appetite is this small, try blending peanut butter and/or oats into your shakes, and use Fairlife whole milk.

Supplements can be good and helpful...but an overall healthy diet needs to be your real focus IMHO.

Farley1324
02-27-2019, 06:58 AM
Pretty late for taking a PWO after 5pm right? Only reason to take caffeine PWO is if you're an addict.

Your posts just get more and more lulz

It's not a good thing

Just try to get a decent amount of protein from food and you’re good. Don’t waste your money on anything else.

That's a recipe for failure.

You can try to do anything, but unless you succeed in DOING it, well.

"Decent amount" is pretty darn undefined.

Try to get a decent amount, but fail...you're not good brah

BenMcLeodNZ
02-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Your posts just get more and more lulz

It's not a good thing

That's a recipe for failure.

You can try to do anything, but unless you succeed in DOING it, well.

"Decent amount" is pretty darn undefined.

Try to get a decent amount, but fail...you're not good brah

Chill out Farley, go do some sets of 5 pull-ups and call them your heavy sets.

Farley1324
02-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Chill out Farley, go do some sets of 5 pull-ups and call them your heavy sets.

That certainly explains why only addicts would take caffeine pre workout. :rolleyes:

lucia316
02-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Since you are using shakes to maintain a constant intake of protein throughout the day, you may want to consider switching to a blend or mixing in casein instead of pure whey. It'll expand your absorption window compared to just the whey. Maybe try half a scoop of both in your shake. Something to think about.

There is zero relevance to types of protein and windows of absorption nor timing to the vast majority of people when considering a high protein diet of varied sources. It doesn't matter what type of powdered food he uses as long as he's only using it to conveniently help him meet his macro if he needs the help.

antihero
02-27-2019, 07:59 PM

Breakfast (9am)
2 Eggs (156 Cal)
2 White Toast (87)
I mug Coffee

12pm

2pm LUNCH

4pm Black Tea

6pm Pre Wok LIT

9pm Dinner

Without having nearly the necessary details to actually be able to help you, I want you to think about something...

My breakfast is probably within 200cals of your entire days food.

You likely aren't eating enough of the right things.

Archking
02-27-2019, 08:01 PM
Pretty late for taking a PWO after 5pm right? Only reason to take caffeine PWO is if you're an addict. what? I take pwo at 7 and am literally sleeping by 10

Farley1324
02-27-2019, 08:11 PM
what? I take pwo at 7 and am literally sleeping by 10

I had to read this like three times because I kept seeing it as 7 am

OneEightyFive
03-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Probably wouldn't need coffee and preworkout if you ate 1000 calories before lunchtime. I am eating nearly double what you eat. Wanna look you wanna look like me? Or BigDaddyBross over here. Lol eat more brah, but srs up your cals 200 each month till you gain a pound