PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight but everyone thinks I'm still losing weight

swsko
02-23-2019, 06:47 AM
So, I cut first since I was fat at 175cm 82kg, got down to 67.4kg in end of November, by December the 15th i started bulking as i maintenance for 2 weeks to find my tdee. Been gaining on average 0,2-3 kg/week now I'm sitting at 70.1kg. But my colleagues and friends keep commenting how im losing weight...what gives?
My lower abdomen is starting to prelude again and in the evening it's the worst :/ I get up leanish and end up bloated af no idea what's causing this

Vandeman17
02-23-2019, 09:34 AM
two things. Who cares what others say as its your goals not theirs? Other is that your belly is full from the food you have eaten throughout the day plus some water retention. You will almost always look the most lean, first thing in the morning

swsko
02-23-2019, 09:57 AM
two things. Who cares what others say as its your goals not theirs? Other is that your belly is full from the food you have eaten throughout the day plus some water retention. You will almost always look the most lean, first thing in the morning

Dont really care what others thing , but even my wife says I need to gain weight as I'm still getting skinny so something is changing on my overall appearance but dunno what's explaining this perception.
2) that sux :/

Vandeman17
02-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Dont really care what others thing , but even my wife says I need to gain weight as I'm still getting skinny so something is changing on my overall appearance but dunno what's explaining this perception.
2) that sux :/

What workout program are you following? Are you making progress on your lifts? Your wife sounds a little harsh IMO

TheUnderdog83
02-23-2019, 10:18 AM
If you’re already gaining weight then you’re moving in the direction of your goal, keep doing what you’re doing. Gaining muscle will make you look more fit, and some people can mistake that for losing weight because it gives your upper body that V-taper, making your waist appear smaller. If I’m gaining weight and my waist is staying be same I know my weight gain is almost all muscle. If my waist is getting bigger, I’m gaining fat.

swsko
02-23-2019, 12:21 PM
What workout program are you following? Are you making progress on your lifts? Your wife sounds a little harsh IMO
I'm on GZCLP, lifts are going up, I'm not complaining and my wife is very supportive and likes what's shes seeing now. But my face got quite thinner that's what bothers her and me lol.

swsko
02-23-2019, 12:23 PM
If you’re already gaining weight then you’re moving in the direction of your goal, keep doing what you’re doing. Gaining muscle will make you look more fit, and some people can mistake that for losing weight because it gives your upper body that V-taper, making your waist appear smaller. If I’m gaining weight and my waist is staying be same I know my weight gain is almost all muscle. If my waist is getting bigger, I’m gaining fat.

Exactly how I'm tracking, but not by measuring my waist however, I just judge by my belt. When I was fat I had like 4 holes left on a 95cm belt,now I'm on last hole and some of my trousers are not even tight dunno if it's a correct measure but that's the easiest for me

Gxp23
02-23-2019, 12:24 PM
What is your diet like?

Vandeman17
02-23-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm on GZCLP, lifts are going up, I'm not complaining and my wife is very supportive and likes what's shes seeing now. But my face got quite thinner that's what bothers her and me lol.

Patience seems to be my best advice. Just keep a controlled bulk going and lifting. You will fill out and your wife will love it. 👍

swsko
02-23-2019, 12:51 PM
What is your diet like?

I have a very sedentary lifestyle, I'm 36 with 2 kids and an office job my tdee is 2100, so I'm eating 2350 daily, I have 130-140g of protein, 75-80g of fats as I love my cheese, yogurt and salmon, rest is carbs. I gain 0,2-0,3kg/week so my tracking seems on point as that's what a 200 cal surplus will result in

LactoseTolerant
02-23-2019, 12:53 PM
But my face got quite thinner that's what bothers her and me lol.

That happens when I cut.

boo99
02-23-2019, 08:36 PM

My face gets same way when cutting. They all question if I'm dying then when I bulk they all question if I'm enhanced lol

SuffolkPunch
02-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Muscle is denser than fat so perhaps it means its working.

The problem with almost every post I see on here is that people want to go from zero to hero in 1 step when it takes a long time. You are in the pipeline, you aren't there yet but moving in the right direction.

People are used to seeing other people puffed up from being overfat, it's the new norm. They aren't "big" in the muscular sense.

swsko
02-24-2019, 03:37 AM
Muscle is denser than fat so perhaps it means its working.

The problem with almost every post I see on here is that people want to go from zero to hero in 1 step when it takes a long time. You are in the pipeline, you aren't there yet but moving in the right direction.

People are used to seeing other people puffed up from being overfat, it's the new norm. They aren't "big" in the muscular sense.

Yep and you have 20yr olds on gear who post 6 months transformation and some think they will go from fat to that kind of lean in 9 to 12 months..I'm not really expecting to get big and lean in a year but I'm trying to stick to my surplus and my workouts and see where it gets me in another 5minths then reassess

Millz12323
02-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Yep and you have 20yr olds on gear who post 6 months transformation and some think they will go from fat to that kind of lean in 9 to 12 months..I'm not really expecting to get big and lean in a year but I'm trying to stick to my surplus and my workouts and see where it gets me in another 5minths then reassess

You got a great attitude and you're doing the right things to make progress towards your goals.

That thin sort of looking face just happens when you get leaner. As far as I know there's no way around it. But since you're bulking just keep adding weight to the scale and weight to the bar and everything will work itself out.

MrCarrot
02-25-2019, 06:16 AM
That thin sort of looking face just happens when you get leaner.

Yep, my face goes pretty thin when I lose weight, and I also look a lot younger. When I gain weight my head turns into a big fat potato. I think different people prefer different asthetics - some people like thin faces whereas others like big blocky potato heads. Moral of the story is, ignore what other people prefer and do what you want.

Nedo
03-01-2019, 07:25 AM
If I’m gaining weight and my waist is staying be same I know my weight gain is almost all muscle. If my waist is getting bigger, I’m gaining fat.

This OP. What are your pants sayin?

rexfrommex
03-02-2019, 05:00 PM
You got a great attitude and you're doing the right things to make progress towards your goals.

That thin sort of looking face just happens when you get leaner. As far as I know there's no way around it. But since you're bulking just keep adding weight to the scale and weight to the bar and everything will work itself out.

Not to be rude to anyone but isn't a skinny face a good thing? doesn't it mean you are turning your face 'fat' into muscle? I don't see how this is being interpreted by others as a negative

SuffolkPunch
03-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Not to be rude to anyone but isn't a skinny face a good thing? doesn't it mean you are turning your face 'fat' into muscle? I don't see how this is being interpreted by others as a negative
Fat doesn't turn into muscle - you can always do one and not the other. But losing fat is part of the BB process most people actively go through.