PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition bar recommendations?

corylvv
02-14-2019, 09:34 AM
I need something to go along with my lunch and dinner to fill in some remaining calories, but my protein is maxed out for the day. Are there any bars that don't include protein?

Vandeman17
02-14-2019, 09:48 AM
how many calories? Why bars? I would hammer down something I enjoyed to fill calories, even if it meant more protein because there is no max. PBJ comes to mind

corylvv
02-14-2019, 09:55 AM
how many calories? Why bars? I would hammer down something I enjoyed to fill calories, even if it meant more protein because there is no max. PBJ comes to mind

Bars was the first thing that came to mind since it's my lunch during work, I figured it'd be the simplest way to fill those calories while I'm eating at the office. It doesn't specifically have to be bars, just something to fill about 300 calories.

Vandeman17
02-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Bars was the first thing that came to mind since it's my lunch during work, I figured it'd be the simplest way to fill those calories while I'm eating at the office. It doesn't specifically have to be bars, just something to fill about 300 calories.

I make banana bread every weekend that is a great snack while sitting at my desk. Depending on the size of the slice, add a little peanut butter or something and you have 300 calories easy

gbullock32
02-14-2019, 10:22 AM
A Snickers, Reese's, or other candy bar would be a great little snack with lunch and they are almost all in the 250-300 calorie range.

JCubb12
02-14-2019, 10:30 AM

Repped. PBJs ftw.

Also there is no "max" protein, just a minimum. Never be worried to get too much protein unless you have health reasons not too. If you already have your macros and micros in order and just need an extra 300 calories, eat something you enjoy and don't worry too much about the rest. Heck, go for a bowl of ice cream.