PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

BattleBkrn93
02-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

I am 6 foot 1 inch, 185cm tall. I weight 184lbs and have a fat percentage of 17.2%. I am 25 years old.

Previous did a lot of running, half marathons etc. I was 210lbs and lost this weight from running.

I have started lifting weights the last 6 weeks and have gained some mass, eating in a slight defecit.

I am training 4 days a week minimum at the moment.

I do have love handles and belly fat, and I am wondering how best to proceed. I'm skinny on my arms and chest.

I am currently eating around 2300 calories a day and walk around 10k steps a day as well.

Do I bulk, maintain or cut?

Any advice would be welcome.

Vandeman17
02-11-2019, 10:15 AM
need pictures to better assess along with what your current lifting routine looks like.

AdamWW
02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
I need somebody...

HELP!!!

No just anybody...

HELP!!!

You know I need someone...

HEEEEEEELP!

BattleBkrn93
02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
I've added some pictures to my account. Hope you can see them.

I'm currently trying a Push, Pull, Legs split. Push and Pull twice a week and legs once at the moment.

Vandeman17
02-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Not the best pics but I do agree that you need to add muscle and that should be your main focus. I would not cut anymore and at least eat at maintenance if not a very slight surplus. PPL programs are good as long as they are structured but legs once per week is not enough

LMS62
02-11-2019, 11:10 AM
I need somebody...

HELP!!!

No just anybody...

HELP!!!

You know I need someone...

HEEEEEEELP!
When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never need anybody's help in any way......

BattleBkrn93
02-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Yeah sorry was trying to get them up as quickly as I could.

In terms of calories, I was thinking to eat around 2800 and see how I go for a few weeks. Do you think that's a good start?

Jakeh1
02-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Yeah sorry was trying to get them up as quickly as I could.

In terms of calories, I was thinking to eat around 2800 and see how I go for a few weeks. Do you think that's a good start?

I wouldn't jump 2300 to 2800 straight away, but it's personal preference. Give it a go and assess your weight gain in a couple of weeks. If it's too much then reduce calories slightly until the desired weight gain has been achieved. When that stalls, increase calories further etc.

BuffedCatto
02-12-2019, 08:18 AM
I'd suggest that you go bulking, but before that do compute your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), there's a TDEE calculator online so just check it out. But before going on an all out bulk, try to gain only 1-2 Kg a month to ensure that what you're gaining is lean mass rather than fat.

BattleBkrn93
02-12-2019, 11:23 AM
I'd suggest that you go bulking, but before that do compute your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), there's a TDEE calculator online so just check it out. But before going on an all out bulk, try to gain only 1-2 Kg a month to ensure that what you're gaining is lean mass rather than fat.

Good idea. Thanks for that.