PDA

View Full Version : Why Brady is the GOAT QB

HockeyBacon18
01-23-2019, 10:26 AM
When Brady gets the ball in OT, you know its over.

See the game against the Falcons, soon as he took the field, everyone knew the Pats had it

Same thing this weekend, Pats won the coin flip, everyone knew Mahomes wasnt taking the field

You cant even be in the discussion for GOAT if you lack that killer instinct, Brady would NEVER throw an INT and risk losing the game

dizzin9
01-23-2019, 10:28 AM
They'll be here any minute now...

Tyler2106
01-23-2019, 10:29 AM
They'll be here any minute now...

Lol this ^^^

That being said, I do agree that Brady is the only QB that I've ever watched that when he gets the ball at the end of regulation or in OT that I feel it's almost a guarantee he takes them down the field for a TD or puts them in position for a GW FG.

01-23-2019, 10:32 AM
”We want the ball”

Slater said that which such confidence in his GOAT QB I got a chub

iamgenus
01-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Nobody is perfect and Brady isn't somehow guaranteed to march down the field for the game winning score but he's done it more times than not.

The consistency, the production, the winning that Brady has been able to do despite his age is unreal.

There's simply no arguing against it. Even the few people still doing it are holding on to hypotheticals which cannot be proven like "Without Belichick Brady is nothing special"

Fact is we don't know what Brady could do in the NFL without Belichick. We do however know what Belichick can do in the NFL without Brady and that's not win or get to the SB without Brady as his QB.

Bill Walsh was a genius. Nobody calls Joe Montana a system QB even though you can make a better argument for that since Bill's specialty was offense and he literally designed a revolutionary offense still being used today by a large chunk of the league.

Walsh's system was ran by George Seifert and a long list of off shoots from his coaching tree where coaches were able to go and win SBs and have success with a number of QBs.
Seifert won 2 SBs. Mike Shanahan won 2 SBs. Mike Holmgren won 1 SB. And a bunch more.
From that system you had Steve Young, John Elway at his best, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers

Can the same be said for Belichick's system?
Between Weiss, Crennel, Mangina, O'Brien, McDaniels, Patricia...how many SB trips? How many wins? How many great QBs?

Sure there has been a long time since Walsh was coaching so Belichick's coaching tree still has a chance to flourish but maybe just maybe Belichick and Brady are a perfect match and each guy makes the other better but neither guy is easily replaceable without a serious loss of the magic that makes that team run so well.

01-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Brady was doing the same thing without Belichick

3Dt7JaSCft0

v9eTyB0VX14

beer n brats
01-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Lmao Brady has CHOKED a combined 6 times in the clutch between the AFCCG/SB. Falcons and Chiefs is just an example of playing a tired D that was just on the field to end regulation. Eagles were very fresh last SB after Foles drive, as were the Giants in SB 42 after Eli’s drive. Brady CHOKED both times. tired D’s is when Brady flourishes

W1LLW
01-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Lol this ^^^

That being said, I do agree that Brady is the only QB that I've ever watched that when he gets the ball at the end of regulation or in OT that I feel it's almost a guarantee he takes them down the field for a TD or puts them in position for a GW FG.

Peyton Manning the year before he retired was pretty insane

Belome
01-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Brady is the GOAT threads don’t get old, they really do trigger the two people left on earth that don’t think Brady is the greatest.

Very amusing to watch.

01-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Peyton Manning the year before he retired was pretty insane

You mean 2 years before, the season after the Seahawks embarrassed his all time great offense they got beat by the Colts in the divisional and everyone knew he was done

TAWS6
01-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Hes been dominating the league for nearly 20 years regardless of his weapons it just doesn't matter. You really can't even make much of a case for Montana > Brady anymore.

DidUSaySomethin
01-24-2019, 01:12 AM
When Brady gets the ball in OT, you know its over.

See the game against the Falcons, soon as he took the field, everyone knew the Pats had it

Same thing this weekend, Pats won the coin flip, everyone knew Mahomes wasnt taking the field

You cant even be in the discussion for GOAT if you lack that killer instinct, Brady would NEVER throw an INT and risk losing the game

gets outplayed by mahomes and still wins because he plays for a top 5 all time coach, and his playoff stats are worse than the top 3 qbs of his era.

replace brady w/ hoyer and the pats still win those games

DidUSaySomethin
01-24-2019, 01:14 AM
Hes been dominating the league for nearly 20 years regardless of his weapons it just doesn't matter. You really can't even make much of a case for Montana > Brady anymore.

2 tds and 2 ints in the postseason isn't dominating, it's just average

Tyler2106
01-24-2019, 06:47 AM
gets outplayed by mahomes and still wins because he plays for a top 5 all time coach, and his playoff stats are worse than the top 3 qbs of his era.

replace brady w/ hoyer and the pats still win those games

Tell me how Mahomes "outplayed" Brady:

Time of possession
Patriots 43:59
Chiefs 20:52

First Downs
Patriots 36
Chiefs 18

Total Yards
Patriots 524
Chiefs 290

Total Yards at Half time
Patriots 240
Chiefs 37

Score at end of 3rd Quarter
Patriots 17
Chiefs 7

It wasn't until the 4th quarter that Mahomes ever did anything and I know people LOVE to point out that Brady dink and dunks all the time, but that's all Mahomes could do.

The score that put the Chiefs up 21-17 was set up by a 33 yard screen pass to Williams then the JC Jackson "DPI" on Kelce to put them at the 1.
Chiefs intercepted Brady at the 23 yard line. Mahomes throws a screen pass for a 23 yard TD to Williams.
Next scoring drive was set up by a short pass to Watkins that ended up being a 38 yard gain.

None of these scoring plays were set up by any plays that you would say Mahomes made an amazing play or "outplayed" Brady. They were simple, effective screen passes that turned into big plays.

HockeyBacon18
01-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Brady is the GOAT threads don’t get old, they really do trigger the two people left on earth that don’t think Brady is the greatest.

Very amusing to watch.

the best part is, this was made as a shot at Captain Cuck about Brees' OT INT. Instead it triggered the haters

HoustonMiscer
01-24-2019, 10:21 AM
pick the score correctly right here right now

HockeyBacon18
01-24-2019, 10:25 AM
pick the score correctly right here right now

of the SB?

27-17 Rams

iamgenus
01-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Tell me how Mahomes "outplayed" Brady:

Time of possession
Patriots 43:59
Chiefs 20:52

First Downs
Patriots 36
Chiefs 18

Total Yards
Patriots 524
Chiefs 290

Total Yards at Half time
Patriots 240
Chiefs 37

Score at end of 3rd Quarter
Patriots 17
Chiefs 7

It wasn't until the 4th quarter that Mahomes ever did anything and I know people LOVE to point out that Brady dink and dunks all the time, but that's all Mahomes could do.

The score that put the Chiefs up 21-17 was set up by a 33 yard screen pass to Williams then the JC Jackson "DPI" on Kelce to put them at the 1.
Chiefs intercepted Brady at the 23 yard line. Mahomes throws a screen pass for a 23 yard TD to Williams.
Next scoring drive was set up by a short pass to Watkins that ended up being a 38 yard gain.

None of these scoring plays were set up by any plays that you would say Mahomes made an amazing play or "outplayed" Brady. They were simple, effective screen passes that turned into big plays.

32 total yards in the first half against the dominant Pats D didn't get you all hot and bothered?

Tyler2106
01-24-2019, 10:30 AM
32 total yards in the first half against the dominant Pats D didn't get you all hot and bothered?

Lol of course it did. It was awesome because Chief fans were so pissed that their team wasn't doing anything.

iamgenus
01-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Lol of course it did. It was awesome because Chief fans were so pissed that their team wasn't doing anything.

Mahomes is legit and is the future of this league but anyone thinking he outplayed Brady is high as chit or doesn't understand how the game works.

People want to say Brady was lucky with the offsides call but Mahomes was just as if not more lucky. There were at least two plays where the Pats dropped picks. The holding call on Jackson on the Kelce fumble. Him being able to stay on his feet on the strip sack to end the first half. If he doesn't stay up on his feet that's likely a scoop and score for the Pats to close the half.

Dude took some critical sacks(very similar to Matt Ryan in the SB) and wasn't his usual self.

Having said that I'm sure Chiefs will be back next year. They have some great talent and I'm excited to see Mahomes keep growing as a QB. The more talent in this league the better it is for everyone.

TAWS6
01-24-2019, 11:49 AM
2 tds and 2 ints in the postseason isn't dominating, it's just average

That’s one game lmao. Brady’s been shredding the league with little white guys for years now.

Blasting
01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
It’s at the point that if anyone says Brady isn’t the GOAT then you just stop talking to that person because they’re either legitimately insane or just jealous AF.

beer n brats
01-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Brady would NEVER throw an INT and risk losing the game

STFU you Canuck... FRAUDY is lucky. Should’ve thrown both the ATL and KC games away on INTs. Luckiest of all-time

https://i.imgur.com/mWx2WOr.jpg

Tyler2106
01-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Beer n dinks posting pictures further proving Brady wouldn't throw an INT and risk the game :)

iamgenus
01-24-2019, 04:49 PM
STFU you Canuck... FRAUDY is lucky. Should’ve thrown both the ATL and KC games away on INTs. Luckiest of all-time

https://i.imgur.com/mWx2WOr.jpg

I see you're avoiding the fact that in two of Aaron's comeback wins this year that he got his balls washed about by ESPN he threw a would be pick that was dropped by the Bears two plays before his game winning TD to Cobb and then a iffy holding call on Richard Sherman after Buckner sacked his ass for what would've forced them to punt before they scored the TD in that game.

And let's not forget Asante Samuel dropping the EASY pick thrown to him by Eli before the Tyree catch.

But you enjoy your "but it shouldn't have been a come back" soap box. Maybe file a lawsuit with the NFL. Maybe they'll change all those wins to losses for you.