PDA

View Full Version : Where should I start?

JonasArgento
01-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Hey,

I'm a 17 year old newbie trying to get those gains so I'm trying to find my maintenance. I've already tried a bit back and forth (ranging from 3000-4000) however, I haven't found it yet and I'm struggling.

Here is my stats:

Height: 190cm(6"2)
Weight: 79kg(174lbs)
Experience: About a year, benching for about 3 years but been taking it seriously for about a year.

I'm pretty active, I love football and play it for about 2 hours/day. I got a step counter(fitbit ionic) just because I was curious. I get about 19000-25000 steps/day(must be why I'm so lean lol)
Anyways, my question is:
What is the easiest way to find my maintenance and should I bulk? I mean, I'm pretty athletic and I want more lean mass. More is always better.

Heisman2
01-22-2019, 02:01 PM
You are growing at your age; thus you do not have a maintenance.

Use a good training program (hard to do while playing football 2 hours a day... not sure how you have time to lift on top of that with school responsibilities) and eat when hungry.

JonasArgento
01-22-2019, 02:54 PM
You are growing at your age; thus you do not have a maintenance.

Use a good training program (hard to do while playing football 2 hours a day... not sure how you have time to lift on top of that with school responsibilities) and eat when hungry.

Alright, thank you.
How come I don't have a maintenance?

Heisman2
01-22-2019, 03:19 PM
At your age you are actively growing. You are biologically supposed to gain weight. The concept of maintenance does not apply.

JonasArgento
01-22-2019, 04:20 PM
At your age you are actively growing. You are biologically supposed to gain weight. The concept of maintenance does not apply.

Alrighty. So patience?

gbullock32
01-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Alrighty. So patience?Yep; one of the hardest things in life... waiting.