PDA

View Full Version : Kyler Murray should choose football

Jaydawg08
12-29-2018, 08:55 PM
Be a 1st round pick, and salary of $9mil right away instead of TRYING to make the big leagues in baseball. I've seen enough from this game, dude is a baller who doesn't quit. Even when his D is barely high school level.

AriGhold
12-29-2018, 09:31 PM
He’s 5’7 and struggled against the only real defense he played.

Jaydawg08
12-29-2018, 09:38 PM
He’s 5’7 and struggled against the only real defense he played.

Throw for over 300+ and run for 100+ for 3TD's with your best WR out and that's "struggling".. Yeah. OK.

wickedman
12-30-2018, 12:16 AM
I'm not convinced that he won't.

Football is obviously more fun to play, and it has to be tough to go out like that. As a QB, I'm sure there is a "I made this happen" sort of feeling that you'll never get in snoreball. To go from one of the apexes of sports achievement/drama to watching the dandelions grow in center field would be tough. And people can say all the bull **** they want about his height "Oh he might go in the bottom of the first round or second." Yeah, bull ****, I've seen teams move up to trade for bums like Bortles and Tra****sky as top 3 picks - he would go top 10 at absolute minimum. So he would make more money in football.

Tears
12-30-2018, 02:27 AM
Typical ignorance

TheRejuvenated
12-30-2018, 02:34 AM
lol... i dont know what twisted team would draft him 1st round. baseball is the obvious choice. how many qb's outside of doug flutie as small as him have ever succeeded (obviously i mean in the nfl)

AlBHappy
12-30-2018, 03:52 AM
Baseball money is GUARANTEED.

He's a great player, but even Flutie had a lot of issues in the NFL. Passes being batted down. Receivers complaining that they couldn't see the ball come out because he was so short.

He will get injured in the NFL. Every guy in the NFL was a stud in college. Look at Alabama's starting 11. 1/2 those guys won't make it.

HockeyBacon18
12-30-2018, 06:47 AM
Baseball money is GUARANTEED.

He's a great player, but even Flutie had a lot of issues in the NFL. Passes being batted down. Receivers complaining that they couldn't see the ball come out because he was so short.

He will get injured in the NFL. Every guy in the NFL was a stud in college. Look at Alabama's starting 11. 1/2 those guys won't make it.

For any other position, the money in baseball is better. for a QB... ****ing Blake Bortles got 26.5m guaranteed.

And every rule in the NFL is designed to keep the QB safe.

AriGhold
12-30-2018, 07:01 AM
For any other position, the money in baseball is better. for a QB... ****ing Blake Bortles got 26.5m guaranteed.

Sure, if he goes in the first rd his guaranteed money would be better than if he didn’t make it in baseball. But I don’t believe him to have any realistic chance in the nfl. At least he has that in baseball.

HoustonMiscer
12-30-2018, 08:40 AM
get that guaranteed bag and hit it like he can't miss with that big bat of his no homo

AlBHappy
12-30-2018, 10:13 AM

Tell that to Alex Smith, GOAT, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota, All battling injuries. You still get hurt.

WoofieNugget
12-30-2018, 11:11 AM
Play minor leagues with little risk of injury and still make millions. And then if he gets called up make 10 million plus a year for basically doing nothing. Or play for (maybe) more money but have 300 pound lineman trying to kill you regularly and maybe get career ended with an injury. For me there wouldn't even be a question.

WestAfrica
12-30-2018, 11:13 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2705042-jeff-samardzija-couldve-been-an-nfl-star-but-mlb-gave-him-120m-minus-the-pain.amp.html

Jeff Samardzija Could've Been an NFL Star, but MLB Gave Him $120M Minus the Pain

Jaydawg08
12-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Tell that to Alex Smith, GOAT, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota, All battling injuries. You still get hurt.

This is true, but for an average QB you can make some serious $$ right away (especially as a 1st round pick). He'll make 4.5mil as his signing bonus... but that's the ONLY big payday he will get for the next 5-7 years. His first big payday wont come into effect until 2023 or 2024 if he actually makes the majors and becomes productive.

Lamar Jackson made a guaranteed $7.5mil salary (even if he was cut tomorrow) when he was drafted at the end of the 1st round. He'll be eligible for a 5th year option if theres no extension with potentially $10mil+ before hitting free agency.

IF he gets picked in the 1st round its a no brainer. Make almost 2x's as much on your rookie contract as baseball, as a QB endorsement $$ is sky high with the high likelihood that he can make MORE SOONER. If it doesn't work, go the Tebow route and try baseball again later in your career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2705042-jeff-samardzija-couldve-been-an-nfl-star-but-mlb-gave-him-120m-minus-the-pain.amp.html

Jeff Samardzija Could've Been an NFL Star, but MLB Gave Him $120M Minus the Pain

Totally different as he was a WR and not a QB. QB's make the most $$ both endorsement wise and salary wise

OneWayFS
12-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Also he probably doesn't want that CTE

eltoro24
12-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Choose baseball.

Health insurance for life.

Phil9
12-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Guaranteed contracts. An established minor league system in the country that allows you to make a living even as a mediocre baseball player. Far more longevity on average for your career. Far less risk of CTE and broken bones.

Unless you are absolutely certain you are going to be a star quarterback [Winning a Heisman means nothing in the NFL], baseball is the far better route.

musti82
12-30-2018, 03:11 PM
i would rather eat full mouth of sunflower seeds and chew tobacco all day and make guaranteed millions than getting rushed at by 250 pounds pure muscle guys every time i touch the ball fear of getting concussions or broken ribs.

no thanks Jeoffrey

tightteeshirt
12-30-2018, 03:44 PM
he's like 5'9 and not that great of a passer. I can't even see that many NFL teams interested tbh. he should stick with baseball.

JewishSuperHero
12-30-2018, 03:58 PM
he's like 5'9 and not that great of a passer. I can't even see that many NFL teams interested tbh. he should stick with baseball.

Second overall passer rating of all time. But not that great of a passer.