PDA

View Full Version : Need help on general nutrition

gmag20
12-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I've been eating with a calory surplus and make sure all my nutritients are covered(carbs,protein,fat ratio)
I workout in the morning and I'm eating every 2-3 hours.
I'll always crash around 2 o clock and be extremely fatigued. and then be ok approx an hour or 2 after supper. (I do eat between 2 and supper at 6.30ish)
I'm wondering what I'm missing? any help would be appreciated.

Heisman2
12-18-2018, 10:22 AM
Why are you using a ratio? Why do you ear so frequently? What are your current sleep habits? Give us more information about your sleep if you want advice that is more helpful.

gmag20
12-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Why are you using a ratio? Why do you ear so frequently? What are your current sleep habits? Give us more information about your sleep if you want advice that is more helpful.

Using a ratio to be sure to get enough protein/carbs/fat per meal. From what I read eating every 2-3 hours is not that extreme, it's to be sure you're not having drops. Plus it comes down to 6 meals a day. I sleep 7 hours on the daily.

SuffolkPunch
12-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Using ratios is a crude method of determining what you need and actually makes planning harder. Read the sticky threads - you should be finding minimum levels based on bodyweight and measured in grams.

You don't need to eat so frequently, the supposed benefits of this have debunked as pseudoscience. You might spread your protein out between 3-5 feedings across the day but as for the rest of it, it makes no odds.

gmag20
12-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Using ratios is a crude method of determining what you need and actually makes planning harder. Read the sticky threads - you should be finding minimum levels based on bodyweight and measured in grams.

You don't need to eat so frequently, the supposed benefits of this have debunked as pseudoscience. You might spread your protein out between 3-5 feedings across the day but as for the rest of it, it makes no odds.

Thanks, that helps! I'll take that to further my research, much appreciated!