PDA

View Full Version : Unfit people with their weird advise

DylanDude
11-29-2018, 09:22 PM
At work I get a free meal so I get a grilled chicken breast with a baked potato with just salt and pepper on the potato along with some lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickels on the side. I would get a sweet potato instead of baked but they dont have them.

This super obese man sees me eating and says I ruined my healthy chicken meal with the baked potato because it's all carbs. Then a few days later this old skinny fat woman who's drinking three 22oz beers tells me the same thing.

Like I know how to get lean and l look way better than them and I can do it eating carbs. This happen to anyone else as well? Where out of shape people try giving you terrible advice when you never even asked for advice in the first place and you also look way better than them?

desslok
11-29-2018, 09:27 PM
When you get to be my age you have heard so much stupid stuff (about every topic)from 99.9% of people that you learn to either completely ignore most people or learn to troll them. I do both depending on my mood and how much coffee i have had wtc.

gbullock32
11-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Stupid people think they're smart and want everyone else to know.

Jakeh1
11-30-2018, 12:53 AM
I sit next to a man at work who must be atleast 300lbs and he critiqued my lunch because I had cheese with it. "You shouldn't have cheese as it's full of fat" Yes, I know - so are you.

I also overhear a lot of the women at my workplace who follow 'Slimming World' brag about how they can have "unlimited" pasta and potato and I die a little every time I hear it.

hardyboysare
11-30-2018, 01:32 AM
I sit next to a man at work who must be atleast 300lbs and he critiqued my lunch because I had cheese with it. "You shouldn't have cheese as it's full of fat" Yes, I know - so are you.

I also overhear a lot of the women at my workplace who follow 'Slimming World' brag about how they can have "unlimited" pasta and potato and I die a little every time I hear it.

This is the one that gets me. Syns free:- pasta, spaghetti, unlimited lean meat (including fatty meat like duck), rice, lentils. I can easily eat well into and beyond 3000 calories just on these products how it even can be called a weight loss program is beyond me.

None of these foods are bad just like any food, but come on unlimited spaghetti bolognese sounds like a fantastic diet not sure about how effective for being slim though........

Jakeh1
11-30-2018, 02:28 AM
unlimited spaghetti bolognese sounds like a fantastic diet

We can dream, my friend. We can dream.

jtaylor2010
11-30-2018, 02:35 AM
Yeah you should probably get used to it. I’ve broken the commentors into two groups:

- talk sh!t about your healthy foods. These people are reminded of their bad choices every time they see someone make a good choice so they attack that person

- give unwanted(often horrible) advice about diet. These people were probably health conscious at one time and like to make themselves think they still are. They also probably live vicariously through others- ie if they give you advice and you’re doing good then they’ve done something good.

GeneralSerpant
11-30-2018, 02:53 AM
Just sounds kinda unreal. Only people that criticize someone eating a potato with their chicken breast is someone with a keto-like diet, but they're usually overtly skinny. Also anyone downing beers can't say anything about you eating carbs. I get the ascinity, but just sounds kinda self-conscious.

dj924s
11-30-2018, 03:00 AM
"that doesn't work for me because".........:mad:

or

"you just have a fast materialism" ha! nope

MrCarrot
11-30-2018, 04:36 AM
Over a period of time I've learnt that the average person knows absolutely nothing about human biology and nutrition. I'm not saying I know everything, far from it, but what the average person knows (or doesn't know) is truly astounding at times.

There's all the usual things: you shouldn't eat at night, cheese and eggs are bad for you, do situps to burn fat around your waist. I'm sure you've heard them all before too, along with a lot of others. I tend to completely ignore what "regular people" tell me regarding weight loss, muscle building or exercise and I try not to educate them either as they usually don't listen, or care.

Vandeman17
11-30-2018, 06:28 AM
Over a period of time I've learnt that the average person knows absolutely nothing about human biology and nutrition. I'm not saying I know everything, far from it, but what the average person knows (or doesn't know) is truly astounding at times.

There's all the usual things: you shouldn't eat at night, cheese and eggs are bad for you, do situps to burn fat around your waist. I'm sure you've heard them all before too, along with a lot of others. I tend to completely ignore what "regular people" tell me regarding weight loss, muscle building or exercise and I try not to educate them either as they usually don't listen, or care.

Spot on. 99% of the time I am able to ignore what they say but sometimes they catch me at the wrong time and I can’t help myself and make a snippy rebuttal. Generally this occurs when it’s someone who makes multiple comments over the course of time. The best is when you call out just how ridiculous their comment was and they don’t even register it. Example would be people shocked that I am eating pizza but when I break down what pizza is actually made of, they have a blank stare and no response.

ironwill2008
11-30-2018, 07:17 AM
At work I get a free meal so I get a grilled chicken breast with a baked potato with just salt and pepper on the potato along with some lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickels on the side. I would get a sweet potato instead of baked but they dont have them.

This super obese man sees me eating and says I ruined my healthy chicken meal with the baked potato because it's all carbs. Then a few days later this old skinny fat woman who's drinking three 22oz beers tells me the same thing.

Like I know how to get lean and l look way better than them and I can do it eating carbs. This happen to anyone else as well? Where out of shape people try giving you terrible advice when you never even asked for advice in the first place and you also look way better than them?

That's actually never happened to me in the 25+ years I've been bodybuilding, but I hear other in-shapers speak of it frequently enough that I know it occurs.

When a fat-ass sitting near you begins to criticize your meal, look him/her straight in the eye, and ask how their plan is working for them.

EjnarKolinkar
11-30-2018, 07:39 AM
"you just have a fast materialism" ha! nope

Don't get me started.

At work I get a free meal so I get a grilled chicken breast with a baked potato with just salt and pepper on the potato along with some lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickels on the side.

I rarely eat a meal like that deficient in dietary fat, but people often feel a desire to offer dietary advice. I simply tell them I'm following the advice of my MS, RD.

TheShadowMan
11-30-2018, 11:33 AM
I just kinda laugh at myself and play along a little bit, you know? Maybe slip in a joke at my own expense, but in my mind i'm not taking them seriously and kinda ignoring the whole deal. Cause part of me thinks like, they mean well by it, but they might be saying this stuff because they're upset they can't get their physique the way they want. I mean if that's the case, i'll cut em a break and learn what I can - it just won't mean as much as it would coming from someone who has worked their butt off year after year and knows in and out what works and what doesn't. Not to sound superficial, but if one person teaches another about appearances, you can expect the other person to look you over and see what you're working with, whether you practice what you preach. Cause if not, what's the incentive for the other person to believe them? There's no visual example to go by, ya?

Anthony21
11-30-2018, 11:41 AM
Should of told the first guy who commented on carbs "well you should of stopped long ago then huh"? then given him the Bert stare.