PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Diet and Fatigue

SushiGodd
11-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Hey everyone,

Got a nutrition/bulking question. I looked at other posts and saw some similar ones but no real answers. I started my first bulk about 2 weeks ago and noticed extreme fatigue since.

My diet went from 1800 to 2800 essentially and my fatigue hits after my post workout protein shake. I don’t think it’s a certain food bc my shakes are bananas honey nuts and oats and the only thing could be oats so maybe I’ll cut that out?

Anyways, it’s the weekend and I took a rest day and I don’t follow my routine on weekends and I feel a lot more energized...what could this be? My workouts are def more killer than in the past and I work my arse off...is it the training or calorie change?

Please advise!

Heisman2
11-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Some people are sleepier when they eat larger meals. Some people are sleepier when they train harder.

Try to scale back the workouts and see if the fatigue continues; if so it's not the workouts most likely. If it's the food, consider splitting up the calories more between meals if possible.

AshMNutrition
11-18-2018, 09:24 AM
1800 to 2800 is a huge jump in calories. If you had been on that deficit for an extended amount of time (6 weeks+) then it is certain that your body will likely have begun adapting to this. Therefore, a sudden surge of calories which I'm assuming are from carbohydrates is likely to not be digested efficiently in your body, leading to a lack of energy as your food is not being assimilated properly. I would recommend scaling back the calories and slowly increasing them week by week to see if this helps. 'reversing' out of the cut if you like.

It is also possible that you're over training due to the new energy surplus your body is being provided. Either scale back the workouts and increase the volume over time, or increase the amount of recovery between sessions to see if this helps. You should leave the gym feeling great and energized, not destroyed and defeated by a workout - as tempting as the latter may be.

It is hard to say exactly what the issue is, so I would recommend trying each thing separately and tracking how you feel. Find what has the biggest effect on how you feel, and stick with that.

Hope this helps!