PDA

View Full Version : New to clean bulking, looking for help

jb412
11-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Hey guys. Im really looking for diet help. I did a lot of research and basically built my own diet and needing some expert opinions from here.

Im 6’4 230 lbs and my body fat is about 23%. I have been going to the gym for about 6 weeks and sticking to a meal plan for the same time. I go to the gym about 5 times per week and do weight training. My goals are to get bigger and gain tone and definition, but I dont want to get to big. I have gained about 5 lbs in the past 6 weeks and all the weights I have been lifting have been increasing over the past 6 weeks. My daily macros are below. I also drink a drink everyday while working out that has luciene and Bcaa in it. Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daily calories: 3500-4000
Protein: 250-300
Carbs: 300-400
Fat: 70-110

AdamWW
11-12-2018, 01:56 PM
If you're truly 23% bodyfat you should lose some fat before committing to a 'bulk'. You'll respond better and results will be far more apparent, which will likely help motivate you to continue.

jb412
11-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Good to know! Thanks

BS57
11-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Hey guys. Im really looking for diet help. I did a lot of research and basically built my own diet and needing some expert opinions from here.

Im 6’4 230 lbs and my body fat is about 23%. I have been going to the gym for about 6 weeks and sticking to a meal plan for the same time. I go to the gym about 5 times per week and do weight training. My goals are to get bigger and gain tone and definition, but I dont want to get to big. I have gained about 5 lbs in the past 6 weeks and all the weights I have been lifting have been increasing over the past 6 weeks. My daily macros are below. I also drink a drink everyday while working out that has luciene and Bcaa in it. Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daily calories: 3500-4000
Protein: 250-300
Carbs: 300-400
Fat: 70-110

We're close to same size (when I started, I was 225-230), but you've got a couple inches in height, but I likely make up for it in decades of age, lol.

I'm bumping between 198-200 for the past couple weeks, as I'd raised caloric intake slightly. I mainly cut (1-lb/wk) on 2000-2250 calories/day.

Sorry to break it to you, but at 6'4" and 230, you're already "big", lol. If you're looking to cut, start around 2500. If not already, weigh/track your caloric intake. Go to Chronometer.com to set-up tracking account (free).

Read this sticky to get started:
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165843261

jb412
11-13-2018, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the advice. Like I said earlier, I’m not looking to get huge I would just like to be more cut and defined. So do you think I should cut back on my calories? I eat really healthy food, I just read that you should be eating a lot of calories so that’s what I’ve been doing lol. So if I’m trying to get more defined, should I cut back to around 2500 calories? Also, I am very meticulous in counting my calories. I keep up with it very well.

Also, will that help cut body fat? AdamWW said it would also help if I cut body fat. Am I eating too much fat now?

Thanks for the help!

BS57
11-13-2018, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the advice. Like I said earlier, I’m not looking to get huge I would just like to be more cut and defined. So do you think I should cut back on my calories? I eat really healthy food, I just read that you should be eating a lot of calories so that’s what I’ve been doing lol. So if I’m trying to get more defined, should I cut back to around 2500 calories? Also, I am very meticulous in counting my calories. I keep up with it very well.

Also, will that help cut body fat? AdamWW said it would also help if I cut body fat. Am I eating too much fat now?

Thanks for the help!

Do you think if you workout for a week or two, you'll turn into some hulk? You don't just wake-up one morning, look in the mirror, and see Arnolds reflection looking back, lol. The concept of people thinking just because they lift weights, it's going to turn them into some vein-popping monster is far from true.

I'm guessing you ignored the link?

It's not so much "what" you eat, as it is how much.

Yes, Adam and everyone else will tell you the same, as does the link provided. Eat more than TDEE= gain, eat less than TDEE= lose.

Go read the link

jb412
11-13-2018, 07:25 AM
I understnad that results do not come quickly or easily. So no, im not expecting to look like Arnold after a few weeks. But I would like to look like that later, so im just trying make sure im doing things right in the beginning to establish good habits for the long haul.
The link was helpful so thanks. I didnt ignore it earlier, just had not had a chance to sit down and read or use the TDEE calculator yet. Appreciate the assistance and advice though.

AdamWW
11-13-2018, 07:47 AM
I understnad that results do not come quickly or easily. So no, im not expecting to look like Arnold after a few weeks. But I would like to look like that later, so im just trying make sure im doing things right in the beginning to establish good habits for the long haul.
The link was helpful so thanks. I didnt ignore it earlier, just had not had a chance to sit down and read or use the TDEE calculator yet. Appreciate the assistance and advice though.

You will never look like Arnold in his prime naturally. Not possible... at least not his stage level.

jb412
11-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Lol no probably not. That guy was shredded up

AdamWW
11-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Lol no probably not. That guy was shredded up

He was also taking drugs to obtain his size... so... yeah...

jb412
11-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Lol yea, there is that too