PDA

View Full Version : Food guilt 😭

RochDarl
10-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Hi, so I’m currently on a basic diet, equals around 879 calories without snacks, been at work today, had two poached eggs plain wholemeal toast for breakfast. 150gram asparagus and chicken breast for lunch with two boiled eggs. Just ate a toblerone ice lolly 😭 threw just less than half away and I honestly feel so guilty?! I’m due a cheat meal tomorrow and I’m making a calzone and a rolo pie and now I’m unsure whether to even do it as I feel so guilty after this bloody ice lolly!! I weigh around 8stone 7.

AdamWW
10-19-2018, 08:39 AM
Hi, so I’m currently on a basic diet, equals around 879 calories without snacks, been at work today, had two poached eggs plain wholemeal toast for breakfast. 150gram asparagus and chicken breast for lunch with two boiled eggs. Just ate a toblerone ice lolly ������ threw just less than half away and I honestly feel so guilty?! I’m due a cheat meal tomorrow and I’m making a calzone and a rolo pie and now I’m unsure whether to even do it as I feel so guilty after this bloody ice lolly!! I weigh around 8stone 7.

You are killing yourself, literally. 879 calories? Come on....

Go see a medical doctor for assessment, then go see a therapist.

The only time you should feel 'guilty' around food is if your boyfriend catches you eating whipped cream off his best friend's azz...

gbullock32
10-19-2018, 08:41 AM
This is a very unhealthy mentality to have in regards to food.

RochDarl
10-19-2018, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. My diet comes from my gym- the guy who owns the gym judges comps and has competed in his time BUT it was his Mrs who wrote my diet plan and I honestly think she’s just rushed it and not thought about it, been reading up on here and I seems I need to be eating more calories to build more muscle so going to have to knuckle down and write my own diet plan. I think I just feel guilty as it’s not in the food plan so it feels as if I’ve failed, but we’re all allowed a treat right ?

Ghawk21
10-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. My diet comes from my gym- the guy who owns the gym judges comps and has competed in his time BUT it was his Mrs who wrote my diet plan and I honestly think she’s just rushed it and not thought about it, been reading up on here and I seems I need to be eating more calories to build more muscle so going to have to knuckle down and write my own diet plan. I think I just feel guilty as it’s not in the food plan so it feels as if I’ve failed, but we’re all allowed a treat right ?
Your food plan is horrible and whoever wrote it shouldn't be giving fitness advice to anyone. 890 calories isn't enough to live on for someone a fraction of your size. Read the stickies here on calculating TDEE and Macros and eat foods you enjoy. You don't need a diet plan, you need a sustainable way of living.

gbullock32
10-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. My diet comes from my gym- the guy who owns the gym judges comps and has competed in his time BUT it was his Mrs who wrote my diet plan and I honestly think she’s just rushed it and not thought about it, been reading up on here and I seems I need to be eating more calories to build more muscle so going to have to knuckle down and write my own diet plan. I think I just feel guilty as it’s not in the food plan so it feels as if I’ve failed, but we’re all allowed a treat right ?You can eat anything you want assuming it fits into your total caloric goals and is part of a balanced diet; treats included. Yes that is far too few calories, especially if your trying to gain any muscle at all, that is a starvation diet. You likely need close to double that intake to see any progress.

You should never feel guilty about food. It's food.

Read the stickies here and understand your calorie and macro needs; then you can eat whatever foods you like to reach your goals and do not need to stick to such a terrible 'meal plan'. The person who gave you that has no place advising others on nutrition.

rhadam
10-19-2018, 09:15 AM

You'd likely benefit from speaking to a specialized professional in psychology. The sooner you improve your relationship with food the better off you'll be.

boo99
10-19-2018, 10:02 AM
All of the above +1000

And....

Two words that should NEVER be together

Food guilt

ironwill2008
10-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Stop starving yourself, opie. No further discussion of this issue is permitted.