PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Peterson thinks Kavanaugh should step down

keyboardworkout
10-05-2018, 03:22 PM
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1048320826376740865

Jordan B Peterson
‏Verified account @jordanbpeterson

Jordan B Peterson Retweeted Eric Weinstein

If confirmed Kavanaugh should step down.

tightteeshirt
10-05-2018, 03:24 PM
lol peterson.

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Mark-Judge-and-Brett-Kavanaugh-4.jpg

datbuffguyuknow
10-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Nah Pete, we’re good

markkillerings
10-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Cool.

I disagree.

See how that works?

KhumatMibra
10-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Pete pls go.

RIKTER
10-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Does he give a reason?

fitnessislife
10-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Cool.

I disagree.

See how that works?

Omg nazi fascist bigot

RedPolo
10-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Does he give a reason?

Came in to ask this

keyboardworkout
10-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Came in to ask this

He retweeted this:

Eric Weinstein
‏Verified account @EricRWeinstein

Eric Weinstein Retweeted Bret Weinstein

This position is held in varying forms by nearly everyone thoughtful with whom I’m speaking. What divides these folks is which way to break the symmetry. But honest people see deep reasons that both outcomes are not healthy or workable. We need a genius healer we just don’t have.

Eric Weinstein added,

My position on the #Kavanaugh confirmation: Both outcomes are completely unacceptable.

Kavanaugh was clearly, at the very least, an entitled punk through college. Nothing suggests a radical shift in mindset. He appears to be the kind of adult that entitled punks grow into.

Putting someone on the court who is likely to view the world through those narrow eyes is a betrayal of the most elemental American values. All the worse that the nomination came from another entitled punk. It's a divisive finger-in-the-eye-for-life to patriots of all stripes.

Imagine this court has to intervene in an election, or confront one of the difficult issues that divides the nation. Kavanaugh's involvement will undermine the legitimacy of any decision in which he votes along expected lines.

On the other hand, we can't have a republic with veto-by-accusation, even if most accusations are true. The incentive to weaponize accusation will drag such a system quickly into an accusation-arms-race in which cooperation becomes impossible, and true victims are ignored.

This lose/lose situation is the same position we had on election night, 2016. It's telling. Our system has gone into a phase in which we are regularly forced to choose between unacceptable options. Normal tools won't save us. To survive we must embrace the new and unknown. Let's

RedPolo
10-05-2018, 03:52 PM
He retweeted this:

What a stupid argument and he doesn't even have anything to back it up.

Why isn't Weinstein calling for all of those other Ivy League "entitled punks" to step down?

InVentive44
10-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Like peterson don't agree with this.

wickedman
10-05-2018, 03:56 PM
TBH I am not sure I think Kavanaugh is the best choice either. But my resistance to making the new baseline for ruining someones life a completely unsubstantiated, manufactured, hit job - he absolutely must be confirmed.

And for a person to have the stones to step down after being confirmed as a symbol for how stupid this whole thing is - they would have to be a martyr. And I don't see that in him, nor do I think it is fair since he has a family to look out after and who knows how these fake allegations would effect his life going forward.

So this article/opinion is pointless, in that the people asking him to do this are doing so b/c of certain character traits he has revealed, and a person who has those would never step down in the first place. And thus they wouldn't be throwing this idea out there in the first place unless he was incapable of doing it. Strikes me as a pointless "look at how enlightened I am" opinion.

I'd be interested to hear Peterson expand on this. He would have to believe that he is also not fit to hold such a position given that he is a self-admitted former violent alcoholic.

RIKTER
10-05-2018, 03:56 PM
What a stupid argument and he doesn't even have anything to back it up.

Came in to post this.

ghostfacedup
10-05-2018, 03:57 PM
He's a smart guy, he's probably worried about the polarization and how inflamed this whole thing has become. I disagree. This is needed.

Retoaded
10-05-2018, 03:59 PM
He retweeted this:

cliffs: the cis white male chit lord needs to check his privilege.

djfuzzy
10-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Cool, nobody is required to care about everything anybody says.

In this particular case, he’s a Canadian phaggot.

In most other cases, I agree with things he says.

JRMoore82
10-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Cool, nobody is required to care about everything anybody says.

In this particular case, he’s a Canadian phaggot.

In most other cases, I agree with things he says.

Yeah I agree with this post.

We can’t let false accusations do this or mob mentality rules. Someone should have brought up his party stuff instead of lying about rape.

CalmWind
10-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Jordan Peterson, I am disappoint.

Calling Kavanaugh an "entitled punk" ??

He should step down even though he's completely innocent and an FBI investigation confirmed this?

Never trust a Canadian.

ymer
10-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Jordan Peterson you're cool.

But I disagree this time boyo.

Lord_Lemon
10-05-2018, 05:08 PM
I used to think Jordan Peterson was interesting until he was exposed by Sam Harris who I don't even particularly like.

sawoobley
10-05-2018, 05:13 PM
It sounds like Jordan was a weak phaggot when he was younger and got beat up by people like Brett. It is probably still a sore subject. :D

Uncle-Phil
10-05-2018, 05:25 PM
I used to think Jordan Peterson was interesting until he was exposed by Sam Harris who I don't even particularly like. Source?

raglan
10-05-2018, 05:25 PM
I disagree with Peterson, and that's okay. I wish those who wanted to garner support against him would have focused on his prior rulings instead of trying to crucify him unjustly. We're at the point where it's now critical that he is confirmed as not to set the precedent for dismissing due process.

My buddy passed Peterson's book my way, and I gave it a read. He makes some solid points, but it's more or less common sense to anyone older than twenty. He may be intelligent, but he's no revolutionary thinker. Still like him well enough, though.

OPGenesis
10-05-2018, 05:26 PM
This guy couldn't conceal the Canadian from deep within too long lol.

wesleysh21
10-05-2018, 05:27 PM
He's a smart guy, he's probably worried about the polarization and how inflamed this whole thing has become. I disagree. This is needed.

He’s definitely smart and I do think he’s got the bigger picture in mind. However, I think the worst thing to do right now...as men...is for Brett to step down or for his party to abandon him before confirming him. I don’t think getting Brett on the court is a WIN, but being chickenchits at this point will definitely be a LOSS.

TaeBoNinja
10-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Peterson was exposed long ago.

djfuzzy
10-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Peterson was exposed long ago.
Wait, exposed for what? More Canadian phaggotry?

I never really understood the strong following he got, but I did like some of the stuff he did confronting SJW-types.

jtaylor2010
10-05-2018, 05:47 PM
He’s definitely smart and I do think he’s got the bigger picture in mind. However, I think the worst thing to do right now...as men...is for Brett to step down or for his party to abandon him before confirming him. I don’t think getting Brett on the court is a WIN, but being chickenchits at this point will definitely be a LOSS.

This.

Anyone with kids(or even just common sense) realizes you don’t reward people for engaging in detrimental behavior. I don’t even think Bret was a great pick(though I don’t really know enough to have an in-depth view) but at this point getting him onto the court is a matter of principle. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a rabid mob of leftists I’m amazed Peterson thinks Kav should just surrender. Not surrendering is what launched Peterson into the spotlight, and now his suggestion is for someone who has been working his whole life towards this goal to just give up because the mob wants him to with no good reason other than “he’s not our guy!!!”. Fukk outta here Peterson(and I say that as a huge fan).

Suqat
10-05-2018, 06:06 PM
He retweeted this:I just lost all respect for JP if he retweeted that and agreed. He is just as much a cuck as liberals.

A-GAME
10-05-2018, 06:07 PM
He's wrong.

tripod29
10-05-2018, 06:10 PM
A Canadian saying what a US Supreme Court nominee should do...... got it.

89FoxBody
10-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Peterson has a lot to offer but occasionally he comes up with some dumb chit.

linkherooftime
10-05-2018, 06:42 PM
"The intellectual dark web"

rise21
10-05-2018, 06:49 PM

This is incredibly well said. Unfortunately the dems turned this into a zero-sum game and therefore there is no other choice but to confirm.

Xinroth
10-05-2018, 07:29 PM
****ing lol if your feelings are hurt when someone you thought you agree with 100% of the time, disagrees with a belief/thought you have.

Who gives a fuk, especially that he did not give a thorough explanation to such a sensitive issue.

QuickNutkus
10-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Controlled opposition agrees with Weinstein and Weinstein? Imagine that.

Brett isnt my ideal choice, but suggesting he should step down is clownshoes material.

"You showed emotion after getting accused of horrible crimes you didnt commit. Time to turn down the job of a lifetime and clean your room bucko. Show some individualism by spitting in the face of those that stuck their necks out for you."

DeAndreHopkins
10-05-2018, 08:07 PM
I still like the dude. You don't have to agree with people all the time on everything, lol

Metz00
10-05-2018, 08:22 PM
If you keep Kavanaugh, you retain the Republican hardline, may lose some Republicans, and some women, and will definitely not convert any Democrats.

If you don't keep Kavanaugh, you retain the Republican hardline, may keep some Republicans, may bring back in some women into the fold, and may or may not convert Democrats.

Politics is a numbers game.

Metz00
10-05-2018, 08:24 PM
A Canadian saying what a US Supreme Court nominee should do...... got it.

The Founding Fathers did what they did based on French and British philosophers.

JaxBrah
10-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Eric Weinstein is extremely smart but even smart people take dumb opinions sometimes that get influenced by things other than pure logic.

Eric probably got everything he knows about Kavanaugh through CNN, NYT, ect. Hes probably not aware of all the details that prove Ford to be an outright liar. Theres nothing to suggest that Kav was a “punk”. Besides, since when does drinking beer with boyos in college disqualify you from position of power? if so then disrobe every single justice and politician to ever serve. Its a really bad argument to make from such a smart guy. He even called Trump a punk and that Trump shouldnt hold office. I mean you have to totallt ignore reality to deny Trump has been sensational as far as Presidents go and being the executive

Gainzzz
10-05-2018, 09:02 PM
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1048374221355667456?s=21

Why didn’t you link this as well, OP?

Even though I completely disagree with Kavanaugh stepping down, I can see where Peterson is coming from.

In fact, with all the talk of “logic” in this thread, Peterson’s suggestion of allowing Kavanaugh to clear his name and appointing someone else (who would be just as conservative) is probably the most logical. Kavanaugh’s life will never be the same as his seat will forever have a giant asterisk next to it for about 50% of the country. Libs will go full lib with every contentious decision.

I just don’t think it would be worth conceding this one to the rabid left. They need to learn this lesson and hold this fukin L.

BrocepCurls
10-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Wait, exposed for what? More Canadian phaggotry?

I never really understood the strong following he got, but I did like some of the stuff he did confronting SJW-types.

Peterson Stans are top 5 cringiest demographic in history

LukeLissen
10-05-2018, 09:05 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=jordan+peterson+is+controlled+opposition&oq=jordan+peterson+is+controlled+opposition&aqs=chrome..69i57.10240j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Retoaded
10-05-2018, 09:05 PM
The Founding Fathers did what they did based on French and British philosophers.

ok?

Gainzzz
10-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Peterson Stans are top 5 cringiest demographic in history

Aye, commies are top 1 and it’s not even close

lmao

Sad!

BrocepCurls
10-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Aye, commies are top 1 and it’s not even close

lmao

Sad!

Are you going to put up a proper pic that doesn't hide your fatass physique?

Gainzzz
10-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Are you going to put up a proper pic that doesn't hide your fatass physique?

Didn’t you make a thread earlier about going out tonight to get yucky with the boys?

I’m literally dying of cringe

tfw you’re so excited to go out that you have to make a thread on the misc but end up not even getting yucky and find yourself miscing at 5am holy fuk I’m done goodbye

TranceNRG
10-05-2018, 09:15 PM
****ing lol if your feelings are hurt when someone you thought you agree with 100% of the time, disagrees with a belief/thought you have.

Who gives a fuk, especially that he did not give a thorough explanation to such a sensitive issue.

To understand people's reactions in this thread, and generally in media and around you, you should contemplate on the following quote:

We live in two Americas. One America, now the minority, functions in a print-based, literate world. It can cope with complexity and has the intellectual tools to separate illusion from truth.

The other America, which constitutes the majority, exists in a non-reality-based belief system. This America, dependent on skillfully manipulated images for information, has severed itself from the literate, print-based culture.

It cannot differentiate between lies and truth. It is informed by simplistic, childish narratives and clichés. It is thrown into confusion by ambiguity, nuance and self-reflection.

This divide, more than race, class or gender, more than rural or urban, believer or nonbeliever, red state or blue state, has split the country into radically distinct, unbridgeable and antagonistic entities.

There are over 42 million American adults, 20 percent of whom hold high school diplomas, who cannot read, as well as the 50 million who read at a fourth- or fifth-grade level. Nearly a third of the nation’s population is illiterate or barely literate. And their numbers are growing by an estimated 2 million a year.

But even those who are supposedly literate retreat in huge numbers into this image-based existence. A third of high school graduates, along with 42 percent of college graduates, never read a book after they finish school. Eighty percent of the families in the United States last year did not buy a book.

Political propaganda now masquerades as ideology. Political campaigns have become an experience. They do not require cognitive or self-critical skills.

They are designed to ignite pseudo-religious feelings of euphoria, empowerment and collective salvation. Campaigns that succeed are carefully constructed psychological instruments that manipulate fickle public moods, emotions and impulses, many of which are subliminal. They create a public ecstasy that annuls individuality and fosters a state of mindlessness. They thrust us into an eternal present.

They cater to a nation that now lives in a state of permanent amnesia. It is style and story, not content or history or reality, which inform our politics and our lives. We prefer happy illusions.

Make time to read this:
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2009/09/06/empireofillustion.jpg

US_Ranger
10-05-2018, 09:15 PM
This.

Anyone with kids(or even just common sense) realizes you don’t reward people for engaging in detrimental behavior. I don’t even think Bret was a great pick(though I don’t really know enough to have an in-depth view) but at this point getting him onto the court is a matter of principle. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a rabid mob of leftists I’m amazed Peterson thinks Kav should just surrender. Not surrendering is what launched Peterson into the spotlight, and now his suggestion is for someone who has been working his whole life towards this goal to just give up because the mob wants him to with no good reason other than “he’s not our guy!!!”. Fukk outta here Peterson(and I say that as a huge fan).

I'd say I agree with this. My own problem is that I don't know **** about Kav or his stances on the supreme court. I honestly don't know if he's a good pick in general. That being said, what is most important to me is the same thing you wrote. We can't govern by mob rule and that's exactly what's happening now. Weaponized accusations. The place where this ends is totalitarian fascism with only the select few who are the most outraged being in charge before they in turn are overthrown by other even more outraged accusers.

BrocepCurls
10-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Didn’t you make a thread earlier about going out tonight to get yucky with the boys?

I’m literally dying of cringe

tfw you’re so excited to go out that you have to make a thread on the misc but end up not even getting yucky and find yourself miscing at 5am holy fuk I’m done goodbye

That was to ask advice re. drinking and cutting

Ie. cause I lift and don't take close ups of my fingers to hide my bloofy estrogen filled physique

nice that you stalk all my threads though, I literally have never seen you on here except for when you reply to my posts

DevBG
10-05-2018, 10:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hDh1Gnq.png

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1048374221355667456

DKM89
10-05-2018, 11:57 PM
FcFlp6kl508

Always been a big supporter of JP but hes so wrong here.

Benji Snap
10-06-2018, 01:50 AM
I think this will really going to hurt Peterson's Patreon income. He dun goofed. Just about all his supporters are right leaning.

CalmWind
10-06-2018, 01:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/hDh1Gnq.png

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1048374221355667456

Jordan...... you still disappoint me with that 2nd tweet.

There is NOTHING divisive about Kavanaugh.

The left MADE him divisive because they don't want another Conservative on the SC, because they are scared of losing Roe v Wade, Obamacare, gay marriage, etc.

It doesn't matter who we nominated instead of Kavanaugh. The democrats would do the same exact thing and protest and go crazy.

This isn't about Kavanaugh.

This is about fighting to control the Supreme Court. The liberals refuse to accept election outcomes. They always do this.

The country votes Trump? Liberals refuse to accept the consequences of the election, and protest and kick and scream and pretend like the rest of us don't matter.

The only divisive entity here is the Democrat party. They are the ones who should step down and erase themselves from American politics, for the good of the country

I3igAl
10-06-2018, 04:32 AM
Here is Sam Harris on the topic:

7Z6AoIyZJ68

Jordan...... you still disappoint me with that 2nd tweet.

There is NOTHING divisive about Kavanaugh.

The left MADE him divisive because they don't want another Conservative on the SC, because they are scared of losing Roe v Wade, Obamacare, gay marriage, etc.

It doesn't matter who we nominated instead of Kavanaugh. The democrats would do the same exact thing and protest and go crazy.

This isn't about Kavanaugh.

This is about fighting to control the Supreme Court. The liberals refuse to accept election outcomes. They always do this. The country votes no on gay marriage? Liberals run to the Supreme Court.

The country votes Trump? Liberals refuse to accept the consequences of the election, and protest and kick and scream and pretend like the rest of us don't matter.

The only divisive entity here is the Democrat party. They are the ones who should step down and erase themselves from American politics, for the good of the country

But this is what oposition parties exist for in a parliamentary democracy....

Actonspur
10-06-2018, 05:19 AM
I generally agree with Peterson but on this I couldn't disagree more and thats fine.

But people are allowed to disagree. Could someone please inform the left about this.

OPGenesis
10-06-2018, 05:21 AM
That was to ask advice re. drinking and cutting

Ie. cause I lift and don't take close ups of my fingers to hide my bloofy estrogen filled physique

nice that you stalk all my threads though, I literally have never seen you on here except for when you reply to my posts

Congrats, mayne!!

You have mastered the discipline of starving and binging. Lifting takes up a small portion of the week, so I don't know why you are being so prideful about it? It comes off pretty insecure.

If you are going to brag, at least brag about the right thing.

Actonspur
10-06-2018, 05:24 AM

Even though I completely disagree with Kavanaugh stepping down, I can see where Peterson is coming from.

In fact, with all the talk of “logic” in this thread, Peterson’s suggestion of allowing Kavanaugh to clear his name and appointing someone else (who would be just as conservative) is probably the most logical. Kavanaugh’s life will never be the same as his seat will forever have a giant asterisk next to it for about 50% of the country. Libs will go full lib with every contentious decision.

I just don’t think it would be worth conceding this one to the rabid left. They need to learn this lesson and hold this fukin L.

Do you seriously think that the left won't do exactly the same thing to the next person if they drop Kavanaugh. The naivety is mind boggling.

RIKTER
10-06-2018, 06:36 AM

I get the reasoning, but theres no guarantee the R will hold the house, etc. If the midterms were a year from now then this argument would hold much more weight.

Lord_Lemon
10-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Source?

Their debate

RedPolo
10-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Here is Sam Harris on the topic:

7Z6AoIyZJ68

Cliffs? I’m no going to listen to a pseudo intellectual ramble on for 12 minutes.