PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on Fat Loss..

fabianwhite72
10-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Hello Everyone!
I've been training with weights for 7 months now after a break of 2 years. I train 6 days a week for 90 minutes at the least with 3 days of weight training (day 2- Chest, shoulders & Triceps / Day-4 - Back & biceps / Day-6 - Legs) & 3 days of Medium Intensity Cardio. While I'm quite happy with the progress made on my upper body & my legs where i have lost a lot of fat & can see changes in my muscle definition. However my mid-section continues to be an area of concern with little or no progress at all. I've tried working out fasted, shifting to a High Protein diet & various other combinations of dieting but of no avail. It looks like I've hit a roadblock with the mid-section. The only supplements i use are Optimum Nutrition's Hydro whey with 1500mg of Fish Oil Post workout & BPI's BCAA' s while working out. My Pre work out snack consists of a Banana & a cup of Black Coffee or Oats with black coffee.
I'm reaching out to the group for any tips or suggestions that you might have in this regard. Any inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks much!
Regards
Fabian

dipatel13
10-04-2018, 03:11 PM
If you're trying to lose weight and you're not losing, you're eating too much. It's that simple. Are you accurately tracking your cals? You make no mention of your diet which is the most important part of losing weight.

Tommy W.
10-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Midsection os the last to get lean. It holds the most fat so the loss there isn't noticeable even though you're losing. Measure your waist at the navel and keep track. Every 1" lost there is about 5-7 lbs of fatloss.

fabianwhite72
10-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Thanks Dipatel13. I do track my Cals regularly and they add up to about 1800 Cals a day with 40% as protein 40% as carbs & 20% fats..I tend to go lower on the fats of late given that i'm trying to drop some weight. I'm not sure if 1800 Cals are good enough to lose weight without losing muscle though...
Regards
Fabian

fabianwhite72
10-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Thanks Tommy, appreciate the feedback.
Regards
Fabian

T0rM3nTeD
10-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Don't worry about %'s, worry about how many grams of protein/fats you're eating. You want to eat 0.8g+ of protein per pound of bodyweight. You also want to eat 0.4g+ of fats per pound of bodyweight. The rest you can eat whatever you want. If you're not losing weight anymore eating 1,800 cals/day, you're going to need to eat less. Try eating 200 cals less per day for a few weeks and see where that gets you.

fabianwhite72
10-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Don't worry about %'s, worry about how many grams of protein/fats you're eating. You want to eat 0.8g+ of protein per pound of bodyweight. You also want to eat 0.4g+ of fats per pound of bodyweight. The rest you can eat whatever you want. If you're not losing weight anymore eating 1,800 cals/day, you're going to need to eat less. Try eating 200 cals less per day for a few weeks and see where that gets you.
Thanks for the Tip, I'll give this a shot!