PDA

View Full Version : Whats worst? A packet of pork scratchings, a chocolate bar, a can of coke,

88Gillian88
10-02-2018, 05:37 PM
or a white bread ham sand with with margarine and processed ham meat.???

Put them in order of worst to best.(average sized portions for each)

Heres my guess

1) Chocolate bar is worst as it has loads of sugar and bad fat

2) then the pork scratchings due to such a high amount of bad fat it may even be number 1 im swayed by the argument that fats are notas bad as we used to think and sugar is worse than we once thought

3) then the coke high in sugar and only sugar which is bad but there not that much in there too at the same time, not many calories in 1 can of full sugar coke

4) the ham sarnie has simple carbs in the white bread however their GI is is low(unlike the coke) because its a mixed meal , the fat is bad but not that much of it, the meat is bad with nitrates and fat but not much of that either it could be 3 or even 1 due to the nitrates in the ham, maybe even sugar is better for you than nitrates

sunsean
10-02-2018, 07:53 PM
or a white bread ham sand with with margarine and processed ham meat.???

Put them in order of worst to best.(average sized portions for each)

Heres my guess

1) Chocolate bar is worst as it has loads of sugar and bad fat

2) then the pork scratchings due to such a high amount of bad fat it may even be number 1 im swayed by the argument that fats are notas bad as we used to think and sugar is worse than we once thought

3) then the coke high in sugar and only sugar which is bad but there not that much in there too at the same time, not many calories in 1 can of full sugar coke

4) the ham sarnie has simple carbs in the white bread however their GI is is low(unlike the coke) because its a mixed meal , the fat is bad but not that much of it, the meat is bad with nitrates and fat but not much of that either it could be 3 or even 1 due to the nitrates in the ham, maybe even sugar is better for you than nitrates

There's no bad food, only calories and macros. If a can of coke fits into your plan, go for it.

Having said that, of the options provided I'd say the least offensive is the one with the lowest amount of calories. They'd all be considered "bad" foods in the sense that they offer mostly crap calories void of quality micro or macro nutrients. Pick the one with the lowest calories, then get your nutrients somewhere else.

SuffolkPunch
10-03-2018, 12:36 AM
OP, read this:
https://completehumanperformance.com/2013/08/20/clean-eating/

None of them are "bad" in the right context. Some might make it harder to meet specific daily nutrient targets - or might make it harder to control your appetite but that's it.

LordVader88
10-03-2018, 07:33 PM
I'd say the coke, since it's just sugar water, and probably of a bad type of sugar too. Pure unnatural poison basically.

I ate a chocolate bar the other day, for the 1st time in probably a year. It was a waste of 450cals on my diet and served no purpose. It sort of stings on the throat afterwards.

Next time I get a choc.bar, I'm getting a better type, and not eating it in 1 night.

Jayy889
10-04-2018, 05:43 AM
A can of coke.
lots of sugar + may more chemicals