PDA

View Full Version : Question about fasting

Ramicoo
09-23-2018, 02:47 AM
Hello, I have a little question that been going on my mind..

Do fasting benefits (fat burning..etc) increase over the time you're fasting or stay on the same level the whole time while fasting? I mean if taking a tiny snack during fasting and after that snack is digested and fully burned, will the fasting benefits stop and restart or the fast continues from the state it was on before you had that snack?

Thanks

SuffolkPunch
09-23-2018, 02:54 AM
If your TDEE does not change and the fasting does not change your average calorie intake then there is no reason why the resulting fat loss should be any different.

CommitmentRulz
09-23-2018, 04:57 AM
Hello, I have a little question that been going on my mind..

Do fasting benefits (fat burning..etc) increase over the time you're fasting or stay on the same level the whole time while fasting? I mean if taking a tiny snack during fasting and after that snack is digested and fully burned, will the fasting benefits stop and restart or the fast continues from the state it was on before you had that snack?

ThanksWhat magic benefits, besides lower testosterone, are you look for from fasting?

Ramicoo
09-23-2018, 11:28 AM
If your TDEE does not change and the fasting does not change your average calorie intake then there is no reason why the resulting fat loss should be any different.

I think fasting did change the calorie intake b/c after all I'm skipping one meal (mainly brekafast) with all the calories it contains.. and isn't the point of intermittent fasting is to lose weight and burn fat in fasting period?

Ramicoo
09-23-2018, 11:30 AM
What magic benefits, besides lower testosterone, are you look for from fasting?

How is fasting lower testosterone?

sixpackpanda
09-23-2018, 11:52 AM
What magic benefits, besides lower testosterone, are you look for from fasting? it promotes growth hormones which could help with fatloss

SuffolkPunch
09-23-2018, 01:05 PM
I think fasting did change the calorie intake b/c after all I'm skipping one meal (mainly brekafast) with all the calories it contains.. and isn't the point of intermittent fasting is to lose weight and burn fat in fasting period?

It could cause your average calorie intake to reduce yes - but some people just eat more to compensate. Usually those who are too fat are like this.

it promotes growth hormones which could help with fatloss

Not this nonsense again. It makes no difference that a calorie deficit doesn't already do. It's just like blaming insulin for making you fat - it's just the body dealing with the calories YOU eat.

Tommy W.
09-23-2018, 01:05 PM
it promotes growth hormones which could help with fatlossPlease don't post this nonsense.

tepih
09-23-2018, 01:08 PM
I did intermittent fasting and I loved it. I did 16:8 and had my workout in the morning while fasting. I felt so much lighter and energized during excercise.
For me, fasting is great.

Ramicoo
09-24-2018, 03:08 PM
It could cause your average calorie intake to reduce yes - but some people just eat more to compensate. Usually those who are too fat are like this.

Not this nonsense again. It makes no difference that a calorie deficit doesn't already do. It's just like blaming insulin for making you fat - it's just the body dealing with the calories YOU eat.

This is off my topic but let's talk about it. If our diet was with calorie deficit and we did intermittent fasting the same time wouldn't it burn more fat than a calorie deficit but with a regular diet (3 big meals..etc)?

Tommy W.
09-24-2018, 03:13 PM
This is off my topic but let's talk about it. If our diet was with calorie deficit and we did intermittent fasting the same time wouldn't it burn more fat than a calorie deficit but with a regular diet (3 big meals..etc)?No. Your weekly or even better, monthly calorie amount will determine fat loss or gain.

scarvalho1982
09-24-2018, 03:31 PM
90% of people that i have known that lose weight from interment fasting gain that weight right back, even quicker than they lost it. and then they get even fatter sometimes, because they missed how good it felt to eat.

pondman
09-24-2018, 04:24 PM
This is off my topic but let's talk about it. If our diet was with calorie deficit and we did intermittent fasting the same time wouldn't it burn more fat than a calorie deficit but with a regular diet (3 big meals..etc)?

The human body consumes fat/carbs in a ratio. You could make the argument that you could do specific exercises that burned a higher ratio of fat to carbs. There is a lot of talk about supplements including caffeine that flip the switch and the ratio changes towards fat. But the research to support this bro science is weak.

SuffolkPunch
09-24-2018, 11:49 PM

No. It would most likely be identical.

In fact I would speculate that a diet that has a better spread of protein through the day - and produces more muscle protein synthesis - could have slightly better body composition outcomes than an IF diet.

Ramicoo
09-25-2018, 06:19 AM
No. Your weekly or even better, monthly calorie amount will determine fat loss or gain.

So fasting makes no difference to fat loss whatsoever??

Tommy W.
09-25-2018, 06:42 AM
So fasting makes no difference to fat loss whatsoever??Read the quote you quoted me on again.