PDA

View Full Version : How to base an all-around meal on plain Greek yogurt and whey?

augustus79
09-21-2018, 02:46 PM
Hello. I'm a 25yo student living in Paris, which is a rather expensive city. Today I stumbled upon a bargain, nearby my university: 500g of plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt (40+g protein) for only 2€. Add two scoops of chocolate whey protein to that and you have 80+g of protein, which makes a solid base for a quick and powerful meal on the go. Yet it is lacking in fats and fiber. I thought about adding chia or flax seeds, and maybe something more? Could anyone help me with a suggestion, a recipe, whatsoever? Thanks in advance!

Plateauplower
09-21-2018, 03:12 PM
I’d add some blueberries, and nuts or seeds maybe some dry uncooked oats and split it into two meals with about 45-50g pro.

dipatel13
09-21-2018, 04:28 PM
add some nuts and granola

Domicron
09-21-2018, 04:47 PM
does your university offer a good value for a meal plan? In the US many universities have AYCE dining halls and meal plans which offer good value. the yogurt and whey is a good source of supplemental protein (and fat too, if full fat yogurt is available).

otherwise you should see if you can get a good price on rice and beans. good source of protein, usually cheap, high in fiber and other minerals and vitamins, and decent variety. plus if you can get a hold of some pork or smoked meat you can get some really great flavor.