PDA

View Full Version : How should I maintain my Carbohydrate intake for cutting ?

saryal
09-19-2018, 08:43 PM
I workout for 5 days week for about 1 hour, I play futsal twice a week for about 3 hours total. My weight is about 76kg and height is 5 feet 9 inch. Currently, I am following this diet plan

Whey Protein 1 Scoop
1 Apple (100 - 150GM)
3 Egg White
4 Slice Multigrain Brown Bread (Weight 100gm)
1 Spoon Peanut Butter (Have about 80 Calories, 8 gm fat, 4 gm protein, 2gm Carb)
White Rice - 60gm
Veggies, - Have about 300-400 Calories
Curd - 200gm
Oats - 40gm
Almonds - 6
2 Egg White, 1 Whole Egg
White Rice - 60gm
Veggies - 200 cal
Chicken Breast - 100gm

I want to cut some fat to make abs visible, I think my current body fat is about 15-16%. How should I adjust my diet plan?

formicaman
09-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Need total calories/macros.

rhadam
09-19-2018, 09:12 PM
If you want to lose weight, maintain a calorie deficit.

dest0
09-20-2018, 02:29 AM
Read this thread:

Calculating calories & macronutrients (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001)

jEDOPE
09-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Looking at your meal plan I think you are slightly lacking some proteins, to lose fat you have to be in caloric deficiency, and to force your body to utilize fat cells as energy you have to reduce your carb intake. I think there is no need for keto, if you want to keep the same size and prevent muscles from catabolizing you should always have some carbs in your diet

DA_MOSS
09-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Looking at your meal plan I think you are slightly lacking some proteins, to lose fat you have to be in caloric deficiency, and to force your body to utilize fat cells as energy you have to reduce your carb intake. I think there is no need for keto, if you want to keep the same size and prevent muscles from catabolizing you should always have some carbs in your diet

que?

tribranchvo
09-20-2018, 11:19 AM
I workout for 5 days week for about 1 hour, I play futsal twice a week for about 3 hours total. My weight is about 76kg and height is 5 feet 9 inch. Currently, I am following this diet plan

Whey Protein 1 Scoop
1 Apple (100 - 150GM)
3 Egg White
4 Slice Multigrain Brown Bread (Weight 100gm)
1 Spoon Peanut Butter (Have about 80 Calories, 8 gm fat, 4 gm protein, 2gm Carb)
White Rice - 60gm
Veggies, - Have about 300-400 Calories
Curd - 200gm
Oats - 40gm
Almonds - 6
2 Egg White, 1 Whole Egg
White Rice - 60gm
Veggies - 200 cal
Chicken Breast - 100gm

I want to cut some fat to make abs visible, I think my current body fat is about 15-16%. How should I adjust my diet plan?

You're eating too much carbs here: bread, rice, oats. To cut fat you need to dial back on carbs and eat more fats, so your body will start using body fat for energy. I've tried a lot of things over the years and I notice my body fat going down consistently is when I cap my carbs around 100g a day, and eat more fats + protein to fill up my calories.

Gxp23
09-20-2018, 12:28 PM

You're eating too much carbs here: bread, rice, oats. To cut fat you need to dial back on carbs and eat more fats, so your body will start using body fat for energy. I've tried a lot of things over the years and I notice my body fat going down consistently is when I cap my carbs around 100g a day, and eat more fats + protein to fill up my calories.

If by Carbs you mean overall calories then yeah.

formicaman
09-20-2018, 01:01 PM
That's great. Too bad not everyone's body functions the same way.

YoungYetWise
09-27-2018, 10:02 AM
If you want to lose weight, maintain a calorie deficit.

This^

Whatever helps you achieve a caloric deficit. Over half of my calories come from carbs and am steadily losing weight (over 50 pounds total so far), whereas on low carb and strict keto, I rapidly gained almost 40 because I was eating too much (big mistake). This is coming from someone who is hypothyroid and PCOS.