PDA

View Full Version : Bob Woodward - no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump and Russia

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 09:04 AM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35918/bob-woodard-drops-bombshell-interview-democrats-ryan-saavedra

Journalist Bob Woodward said in a radio interview on Friday with Hugh Hewitt that in the two years of investigative work that he conducted for his book "Fear," he found no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump and Russia — which Special Counsel Robert Mueller was hoping to find.

"There’s a lot complimentary in this book, the most important of which is John Dowd firmly believes, the president’s former lawyer, that the special counsel, Bob Mueller, has nothing," Hewitt began. "There’s no collusion, there’s nothing. It’s all a play to get an 18 USC 1001 perjury trap, and that POTUS should never sit down. Is that a fair assessment of what John Dowd believes?"

"Oh, well, yeah, until we end," Woodward said. "And finally, it, the point where Dowd resigns because he is convinced the president should not testify, Dowd concludes that Mueller had played him for a sucker, got all of the cooperation of 37 witnesses, a million pages-plus of campaign documents, 20,000 pages of White House documents. So in the end, as he says to the president, he said you were right. We can’t trust Mueller."

Hewitt later brought up the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and asked Woodward if he had any evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia.

"So let’s set aside the Comey firing, which as a constitutional law professor, no one will ever persuade me can be obstruction," Hewitt said. "And [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein has laid out reasons why even if those weren’t the president’s reasons. Set aside the Comey firing. Did you, Bob Woodward, hear anything in your research in your interviews that sounded like espionage or collusion?"

"I did not, and of course, I looked for it, looked for it hard," Woodward said. "And so you know, there we are. We’re going to see what Mueller has, and Dowd may be right. He has something that Dowd and the president don’t know about, a secret witness or somebody who has changed their testimony. As you know, that often happens, and that can break open or turn a case."

Hewitt pressed Woodward again, asking: "But you’ve seen no collusion?"

"I have not," Woodward said.

Nearly half an hour later, Hewitt once again pressed Woodward about collusion, asking: "Very last question, Bob Woodward, I just want to confirm, at the end of two years of writing this book, this intensive effort, you saw no effort, you, personally, had no evidence of collusion or espionage by the president presented to you?"

"That is correct," Woodward said.

Mark1T
09-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Lisa Page testimony: Collusion still unproven by time of Mueller's special counsel appointment:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/16/lisa-page-testimony-collusion-still-unproven-by-time-muellers-special-counsel-appointment.html

Tamorlane
09-16-2018, 09:15 AM
His position is this:

Nixon was a criminal, we don't know yet if Trump is a criminal. We will wait to find out from the special counsel investigation.

Heard him say this to Anderson Cooper yesterday.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 09:16 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLL.

So - a journalist who is only interviewing members of the Trumputin Administration has supposedly not found any collusion. Wow, that's about as relevant as when the most cultish trumptard here says the same.

And as substantiation, OP cites.........a different JOURNALIST referencing a quote from the White House lawyer, LOL.

And this dramatic new bombshell is taken from one of the most tinfoil-hat righty-tard sites in existence. LMFAO.

Great thread, OP. Seriously.

0/10 for making your point (or any, really)
10/10 as a candidate for derpiest post in recent r/p history

brighamw
09-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Well, he's still Bob Woodward , so...

RSM3
09-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Lisa Page testimony: Collusion still unproven by time of Mueller's special counsel appointment:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/16/lisa-page-testimony-collusion-still-unproven-by-time-muellers-special-counsel-appointment.html

LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

So.....at the time the investigation STARTED.......the investigation had yet to prove anything ?

Trumptards using strong logic nowadays ! :)

Reflexez
09-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Just to clarify, does this make the content of the book believable then?

Cause I don’t think trump is gonna be found guilty of open collusion, however I do enjoy a laugh at the idea so many Americans voted for an utter potato of a human.

Kreuzritter
09-16-2018, 09:23 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLL.

So - a journalist who is only interviewing members of the Trumputin Administration has supposedly not found any collusion. Wow, that's about as relevant as when the most cultish trumptard here says the same.

And as substantiation, OP cites.........a different JOURNALIST referencing a quote from the White House lawyer, LOL.

And this dramatic new bombshell is taken from one of the most tinfoil-hat righty-tard sites in existence. LMFAO.

Great thread, OP. Seriously.

0/10 for making your point (or any, really)
10/10 as a candidate for derpiest post in recent r/p history

you ****philes have been citing woodward since he released this garbage and yet:

Nearly half an hour later, Hewitt once again pressed Woodward about collusion, asking: "Very last question, Bob Woodward, I just want to confirm, at the end of two years of writing this book, this intensive effort, you saw no effort, you, personally, had no evidence of collusion or espionage by the president presented to you?"

read the op little guy.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 09:30 AM
you ****philes have been citing woodward since he released this garbage and yet:

read the op little guy.

LOLOL.

And itt derpy-a$$ Trumptards try to pretend that Bob Woodward is actually leading the investigation into Felony Don.

Let me give you smarties a small little hint : the investigation is being led by Robert Mueller. HE will be the one to present the findings of the investigation. Not Bob Woodward.

Now give us a big "derrrp", you silly potatoes. Then how about a "Space Force !!" chant, please.

Seatard
09-16-2018, 09:41 AM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35918/bob-woodard-drops-bombshell-interview-democrats-ryan-saavedra...collusion between President Donald Trump and Russia — which Special Counsel Robert Mueller was hoping to find.

Mueller was hoping to find?

Fuk off with this tabloid opinionated nonsense.

How retarded does a person have to be to think this stuff is relevant?

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Mueller was hoping to find?

Fuk off with this tabloid opinionated bull****.

How retarded does a person have to be to think this stuff is relevant?

Yes, that's the author's opinion.

This is Woodward's fact -
"I did not, and of course, I looked for it, looked for it hard," Woodward said. "And so you know, there we are. We’re going to see what Mueller has, and Dowd may be right. He has something that Dowd and the president don’t know about, a secret witness or somebody who has changed their testimony. As you know, that often happens, and that can break open or turn a case."

"I have not," Woodward said.

I do understand your inability to read the full article but you should try it sometime.

Mark1T
09-16-2018, 09:45 AM
LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

So.....at the time the investigation STARTED.......the investigation had yet to prove anything ?

Trumptards using strong logic nowadays ! :)

And when the truth knocks your teeth out, you still deny it. Your name Adam Schiff or Nancy Pelosi or anyone on the diseased left?

Seatard
09-16-2018, 09:45 AM
I do understand your inability to read the full article but you should try it sometime.

I'm not reading your phaggy tabloid gossip articles.

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm not reading your phaggy tabloid gossip articles.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 09:49 AM
And when the truth knocks your teeth out, you still deny it. Your name Adam Schiff or Nancy Pelosi or anyone on the diseased left?

The truth has not "knocked anyone's teeth out" for two reasons :

1) Mueller has not released the results of his investigation.
2) Trumptards generally have very few teeth remaining to be knocked out.

Other than that though, carry on. Here, I'll help you : "Herp a derp a derp, the Mueller investigation will show no conspiracy or collusion with Russia because.......Bob Woodward says he was not shown it by Felony Don's OWN AIDES !!"

Fkn sad, you trumptards

Seatard
09-16-2018, 09:50 AM

Great, Woodward, along with 300 million other Americans doesn't know what the special counsel might or might not have found.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Honestly don't know why you posted this tinfoil-hat drivel or why you're still babbling about it.

Woodward is not running the investigation. Who cares what he was told by Felony Don's aides in regard to specific legal conclusions that he can't know.

Fkn sad.

z4v4
09-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Glad you guys switched from "Woodward who?" to "Woodward the stellar journalist" coz his book is really good.

gwg77
09-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Glad you guys switched from "Woodward who?" to "Woodward the stellar journalist" coz his book is really good.

you read the book?

oh btw. i remembered what you wanted to wage a bet on.

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:02 AM
you read the book?

On chapter 35.

oh btw. i remembered what you wanted to wage a bet on.

Cool. Quote the post, please.

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 10:02 AM

Nice projection, no one said he was a stellar journalist.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 10:05 AM

You're a glutton for punishment. Just abandon this abortion of a thread now though, for your own sake.

I think we're all in agreement :

a) Woodward doesn't know the pending results of the Mueller investigation.
b) Felony Don's OWN AIDES apparently didn't construct an airtight case for conspiracy and/or collusion and present it to Woodward.

Shocker, I tell ya.

Now wouldn't your time be more productive chanting "Space Force !!" ?

seven11

As of may 2017, the FBI could not verify whether there was or was no criminal conspiracy. That’s why we have thisninevstigation.

gwg77
On chapter 35.

Cool. Quote the post, please.

I'm not digging through post history, but you will remember. You wanted to bet you can score higher than me on the SAT test. Being that I'm Ivy League and you went to community college, I politely declined.

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:07 AM

He is, but I digress.

How can you guys refute most everything in the book except for the part he says he never witnessed any collusion himself? How do you reconcile the two?

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 10:08 AM
He is, but I digress.

How can you guys refute most everything in the book except for the part he says he never witnessed any collusion himself? How do you reconcile the two?

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I never read the book and only read the article posted. This thread has nothing to do with the book but only about what he said in the article.

Mark1T
09-16-2018, 10:16 AM
The truth has not "knocked anyone's teeth out" for two reasons :

1) Mueller has not released the results of his investigation.
2) Trumptards generally have very few teeth remaining to be knocked out.

Other than that though, carry on. Here, I'll help you : "Herp a derp a derp, the Mueller investigation will show no conspiracy or collusion with Russia because.......Bob Woodward says he was not shown it by Felony Don's OWN AIDES !!"

Fkn sad, you trumptards

No surprise you still don't get it. Mueller investigation was and is going on knowingly false information.

The "investigation" is on life support, only supported by the lying left.

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:17 AM
I can't speak for anyone but myself but I never read the book and only read the article posted. This thread has nothing to do with the book but only about what he said in the article.

So is it safe to conclude that if you believe him in this article, that his book contains no fabrications?

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm not digging through post history, but you will remember. You wanted to bet you can score higher than me on the SAT test. Being that I'm Ivy League and you went to community college, I politely declined.
Please dig. Find.

icetrauma
09-16-2018, 10:19 AM
So is it safe to conclude that if you believe him in this article, that his book contains no fabrications?

I know nothing about his book except that, he wrote a book about Trump. I don't know the context or content therefore, I cannot speak on that.

gwg77
09-16-2018, 10:19 AM
Please dig. Find.

You going senile?

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:21 AM
I know nothing about his book except that, he wrote a book about Trump. I don't know the context or content therefore, I cannot speak on that.

With as respected as Woodward is and how you take this article to be true, surely you must assume the book is accurate until otherwise proven, yes?

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:22 AM
You going senile?

I like written evidence proving your claims. For example, I never went to community college, so no idea where you're getting that from.

gwg77
09-16-2018, 10:26 AM
I like written evidence proving your claims. For example, I never went to community college, so no idea where you're getting that from.

So you are going senile. That's a shame. I have to prove what you typed. hahahaha.

And yea me saying you went to community college is just my saying you went to a chit school. But whatever.

ScottTil
09-16-2018, 10:31 AM
this is getting so boring at this point. All these people "flipping" against trump, all this drama. Nothing ever comes out of it.

Wake me up when there is actual evidence

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:32 AM
So you are going senile. That's a shame. I have to prove what you typed. hahahaha.

And yea me saying you went to community college is just my saying you went to a chit school. But whatever.

I recall it, but don't recall any money on the line. I also remember you pussied out because you probably couldn't even get a 1400 if your life depended on it, let alone be competitive.

gwg77
09-16-2018, 10:39 AM
I recall it, but don't recall any money on the line. I also remember you pussied out because you probably couldn't even get a 1400 if your life depended on it, let alone be competitive.

Just good enough to get into 2 Ivy League schools and a couple of other prestigious engineering institutions.

I declined because why would I take a test I already smoked you on 20 years ago? Where did you go to school again?

z4v4
09-16-2018, 10:44 AM
A week ago libs were touting this guy as a legendary seasoned journalist. He investigates and "looks for it" for 2 years, interviewing countless people for his little book, and he admits he finds nothing. Libs say that's no big deal.

Ugh. F*cking fangirls.

Lol, if you think a journalist has the same access as Mueller. Build your strawmen someplace else.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 11:32 AM
A week ago libs were touting this guy as a legendary seasoned journalist. He investigates and "looks for it" for 2 years, interviewing countless people for his little book, and he admits he finds nothing. Libs say that's no big deal.

Ugh. F*cking fangirls.

itt Trump fangirl confuses an author writing about the inner workings of the TrumpyCon Administration with an author.........investigating conspiracy and/or collusion.

This isn't difficult stuff. How can you Trump fangirls comprehend so poorly ?

brighamw
09-16-2018, 11:47 AM
With as respected as Woodward is ...

https://www.awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/clint-eastwood-staring.gif

Retoaded
09-16-2018, 11:53 AM
itt Trump fangirl confuses an author writing about the inner workings of the TrumpyCon Administration with an author.........investigating conspiracy and/or collusion.

"I did not, and of course, I looked for it, looked for it hard," Woodward said.

DuracellBunny
09-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Trump is senile, a moron, a dotard etc and Woodward uncovered all sorts of scandal and has tapes of people saying all sorts of things, but not a shred of anything on Russia.

This senile buffoon, who says all sorts of unguarded things and who's staff have to manage everything he does, managed to hide everything related to Russia from the Watergate guy.

Hmm, computer says no.

Retoaded
09-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Trump is senile, a moron, a dotard etc and Woodward uncovered all sorts of scandal and has tapes of people saying all sorts of things, but not a shred of anything on Russia.

This senile buffoon, who says all sorts of unguarded things and who's staff have to manage everything he does, managed to hide everything related to Russia from the Watergate guy.

Hmm, computer says no.

Its kinda like back when Bush was a moron who couldn't tie his shoes but also masterminded 9/11.

5x10
09-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Resident libs gonna be on suicide watch when their god and savior , mueller, says there no collusion

And all they had to do was open their eyes and they wouldn’t have been so disappointed

z4v4
09-16-2018, 12:37 PM

Hmm, computer says no.

Trump never gave Woodward an interview.

tng83
09-16-2018, 12:45 PM
You're a glutton for punishment. Just abandon this abortion of a thread now though, for your own sake.

I think we're all in agreement :

a) Woodward doesn't know the pending results of the Mueller investigation.
b) Felony Don's OWN AIDES apparently didn't construct an airtight case for conspiracy and/or collusion and present it to Woodward.

Shocker, I tell ya.

Now wouldn't your time be more productive chanting "Space Force !!" ?

Coping hard has fuk. Woodward dug up all the possible dirt he could on Trump and you pathetic libs ate it up. Same guy says after all his digging he cant find anything on collusion and you plug your ears.

RSM3
09-16-2018, 12:52 PM

No, not really. Woodward didn't talk to the senile buffoon guy, so said senile buffoon had to hide nothing from Woodward.

Next ?

Its kinda like back when Bush was a moron who couldn't tie his shoes but also masterminded 9/11.

Right. Lot's of people were accusing Bush of.........masterminding 9/11 ? Jesus. Go derp and do "Space Force !!" for a while. You're making a lot of people dumber for having to read your chit.

Coping hard has fuk. Woodward dug up all the possible dirt he could on Trump and you pathetic libs ate it up. Same guy says after all his digging he cant find anything on collusion and you plug your ears.

You Trumptards are tarding hard as fuk. Get back to us when a journalist without subpeona powers, etc. etc. etc., is the same as a legitimate investigation.

Sh*t, you'll probably be on here next claiming there's no collusion because some trumptard on this site says so.

z4v4
09-16-2018, 01:01 PM

Nothing in the book so far (about 75% through) is out of the realm of reason. Some of it is a bit surprising like Trump saying, "That's cold" when someone said, "The millions of deaths will be over there (S. Korea) and not here."

So far, in my opinion (which is worthless to you, I know), Trump comes off as a guy with good intentions for the most part but is just retarded. That's a hell of a lot of an improvement than how I viewed him before starting the book.

Retoaded
09-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Right. Lot's of people were accusing Bush of.........masterminding 9/11 ? Jesus. Go derp and do "Space Force !!" for a while. You're making a lot of people dumber for having to read your chit.

In a 2006 University of Ohio poll more than half of democrats said it was either very likely or somewhat likely Bush was complicit in 9/11.

Remember? They did 9/11 for the oil dude! Halliburton man!

Also similar Zogby polls.

Sorry bro. Look it up.

Trapstar4.4
09-16-2018, 01:26 PM
well if thats the case then mueller's report will say as much. we shall see

SillieBazzillie
09-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Dat dere obstruction of justice though...

x-trainer ben
09-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Dam Bob has special counsel and DOJ access to all the information Mueller has; now that would be news worthy.

Gayle1
03-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Wizard

scheal
03-27-2019, 09:55 PM
His position is this:

Nixon was a criminal, we don't know yet if Trump is a criminal. We will wait to find out from the special counsel investigation.

Heard him say this to Anderson Cooper yesterday.

On Anderson Cooper. Well there you go. Libs like yourself are the laughing stock of the work