PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Mx Diet Pro Meal - side effects?

SanPelligrino
09-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Hi! Very very new to this; been weight-training for a couple of months but already seeing positive early results (and - most importantly - enjoying it!).

Early on, I came to the realisation that I'm not getting anywhere near the protein I needed; I'm 89kgs, 19% body fat but was only consuming around 50g of protein a day. Since then, I've done my best to increase things through my diet naturally.

To help, I also start the day with a Sci-Mx Diet Pro shake chocolate flavour (I'm not interested in the diet bit - I just started using it for the protein and the fact it was initially on offer, plus I like the taste). I've been having one shake a day for around a month. I've also increased my protein generally; I still don't think I'm getting enough, but I'm eating maybe 15 - 20 eggs a week on average, plus plenty of turkey/chicken and lean meats, some dairy etc.

In that time, well...I just don't feel right, if you know what I mean - and I'm wondering if it might be the increased protein or whey?

I've started getting quite mild headaches in the evenings to start, nothing too bad, but just feeling like I'm on the verge of a fever. Quite achy, feeling a bit flushed. But the main thing is in the bathroom department.

Every day, the only way I can describe it is that I have some pretty mild cramps and when I go to the loo, it's not normal (compared to what is normal for me). Everything's a bit 'urgent', like I've got an upset stomach.

On top of this, I notice that I'm needing to pee a lot more; in fact, I'm actually waking up 1 or 2 times a night specifically to go to the loo (normally I never wake up in the night). This is even if I go immediately before bed, or if I don't feel I've had too much to drink.

Basically, I'm feeling a bit groggy, to the point where I may go and see the doctor (here in the UK, so generally have the attitude of trying to solve it myself first!).

Has anyone else experienced similar issues when starting to take supplements, or increasing protein? The reason I'm confused is that I don't think I've increased things that much to be honest...I'm still only consuming around 100g of protein a day. I'm actually finding it quite hard to eat enough (I feel stuffed and bloated because of the upset stomach, which makes me less interested in putting more food in me!).

Any help/insight/shared experiences would be really helpful..

This is my first post here, I've started it by talking about the loo so things can only get better.