PDA

View Full Version : newbie 2 wks out, FREAKING out

austexfitgal
10-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Ok, so I've been training for my first competition (FAP Bikini Texas-- stop laughing), and I was doing great until last weekend and now I need major guidance. Here's the skinny:

I'm 5'7", 123lbs, 14% bodyfat. Over the past 12 weeks, I've dropped 11% bodyfat, and not lost a single ounce. I've been doing high protein, moderate carbs and low-ish fat (45-35-20), and trying to up the protein and lower the carbs incrementally over the past few weeks. Total cals for the day is usually 1500, plus or minus 100. Last Friday, I just wasn't hungry at all, so I didn't force myself to eat too much-- it was also the day of my cheat meal (mexican, but small), so I didn't worry about it too much. Same thing Saturday, only no cheating. Very low cals-- like around 1000 I think. Sunday I got back on track and ate a good egg white/tuna/oatmeal scramble for brekkies, chicken and veggies for lunch, lots of water, etc, but proceeded to have the worst leg workout of my life (insert image of skinny girl crying at squat rack here). I went home, had a good dinner, went to bed bummed out. Got mostly back on track, but still having trouble going much higher than 1350, though I'm getting all my protein, carb, and fat grams in, and eating veggies. I've got some energy and a little motivation, but I think I look like crap. To me, I look flabby and very soft-- though my bodyfat measurement hasn't changed. What's going on? HELP!!! Do I need to up calories? Up carbs? Up protein? Fat? The show is on the 25th, and I plan to carb deplete/load the last 6-7 days, but what should I do for the next week and three days to get back on target??? Thanks guys (and gals), you're my heros!!!

jollygrngiant
10-09-2003, 12:30 PM
1: up your potassium, tablet form
2:drink distilled water only all day long
3:cardio twice aday, 45 min. ea.
4:protein & veg. only baked & steamed low fat choices
5:glutamine 5 gms 3x aday b4 brkfst, aftr w/o, b4 bed
you should rest the day b4 the show.

good luck! hope this helps i got this info at a site for comp. prep. i just forgot which one glade i wrote down the info.

Fame
10-09-2003, 02:37 PM
A good article to read up on for competition prep. is an article written by layne norton on a site called ************* .com

Try giving that one a read....I think you'll find it most helpful. ;)

Fame
10-09-2003, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes: sorry, that's- b u l k n u t r i t i o n . c o m

It's called Prepare to Win, just click on articles and then on authors and find layne norton and click on that.

-Fame-