PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss Journey

aj103
08-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Hey guys, my names alexis. I’ve been tying to lose weight for about a monthsa d a half now and so far I’ve been pretty successful. I’m 5’10, I started off at 213lb and 25% body fat, now I’m down to 208, 19% body fat. I workout 6 times a week and do cardio 4 times a week(steady state cardio 2 times and HIIT cardio 2 times). I’ve also ready that working out too much is bad for you, so I think I’m gonna switch to 5 strength training days a week, and cardio 3x a week but only HIIT. I’m doing intermittent fasting and I eat around 1200 calories a day. My body is starting to get used to that and my metabolism is slowing down and I’m barely seeing results. How long should I maintain a caloric deficit for? I’ve been doing lots of research and I’ve ready that I’ll lose muscle if I keep it going too long, especially eating that little bit of calories. I’m also going to start keeping track of my macros, and going up 2% a week on carbs and fat to increase caloric intake so my metabolism will get “woken up” again, but I’m doing it slowly to give it time to adjust. My protein is around 150g a day but I’m thinking of increasing that slowly as well to at lest 175g a day. It’s called reverse dieting, or at least that’s what everyrhing I’ve read says. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, tips?

sXcD
08-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, my names alexis. I’ve been tying to lose weight for about a monthsa d a half now and so far I’ve been pretty successful. I’m 5’10, I started off at 213lb and 25% body fat, now I’m down to 208, 19% body fat. I workout 6 times a week and do cardio 4 times a week(steady state cardio 2 times and HIIT cardio 2 times). I’ve also ready that working out too much is bad for you, so I think I’m gonna switch to 5 strength training days a week, and cardio 3x a week but only HIIT. I’m doing intermittent fasting and I eat around 1200 calories a day. My body is starting to get used to that and my metabolism is slowing down and I’m barely seeing results. How long should I maintain a caloric deficit for? I’ve been doing lots of research and I’ve ready that I’ll lose muscle if I keep it going too long, especially eating that little bit of calories. I’m also going to start keeping track of my macros, and going up 2% a week on carbs and fat to increase caloric intake so my metabolism will get “woken up” again, but I’m doing it slowly to give it time to adjust. My protein is around 150g a day but I’m thinking of increasing that slowly as well to at lest 175g a day. It’s called reverse dieting, or at least that’s what everyrhing I’ve read says. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, tips?

1200 cal/day seems quite low..Doesn't add up to me. Are you sure you're calculating everything correctly even the oils?
I don't think that your metabolism is slowing down.You probably lost mostly water weight at the beginning.. Not to mention you didn't even lose weight all that fast, 5lbs in 6 weeks is only 0.83lb/week.. which is Ok...
I agree with "working out too much is bad for you" but it really depends on how much you're working out.. If you're only running 1 mile a day for 7 days a week, it's really not that bad..
Lastly, focus on what you really want your end goal to be. Ex: You want to lose that stomach. So you lose overall bodyfat. Who cares if you lose muscle in the process, you're bound to do that anyways.