PDA

View Full Version : Is eating tons of protein good for bulking?

Zoofle
08-07-2018, 03:04 PM
So I'm 16 years old, my height is 1.78m/5'8 and I weigh around 64kg/141lbs. The main reason why I need to bulk is so that I gain more mass in my arm area, and to do so I've been trying to eat as much protein as I can. But since my knowledge on protein and nutrition in general is quite limited I'd like to ask for some advice. Is it smart to rely on eating lots of protein (I try to get atleast 100g per day) to reach my goal or should I do something else? I've read that excess protein store as fat and I'm not really sure whether thats a good thing for me or if it will just store in my stomach area for example.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Zoofle

AdamWW
08-07-2018, 03:17 PM
At your age the focus should be on overall food consumption from nutritious sources, not on specifics like protein, fats, and carbs.

Make 'good' decisions (in other words, don't just eat candy) in general, but otherwise don't worry about the details.

Your body is growing in ways that make it impossible to know how much you actually need.

So, I suggest you eat in a way that makes you feel strong, energetic, and able to focus and perform in the gym to the best of your ability.

Once you've built a strong base in the gym and you're more developed (ie - after high school...) you can start worrying about these things.

Protein is important, yes, but as long as you don't eat like a complete moron, you'll be fine.

Just get strong, sleep a lot, and crush those weights.

pinggolfer96
08-07-2018, 03:54 PM
So I'm 16 years old, my height is 1.78m/5'8 and I weigh around 64kg/141lbs. The main reason why I need to bulk is so that I gain more mass in my arm area, and to do so I've been trying to eat as much protein as I can. But since my knowledge on protein and nutrition in general is quite limited I'd like to ask for some advice. Is it smart to rely on eating lots of protein (I try to get atleast 100g per day) to reach my goal or should I do something else? I've read that excess protein store as fat and I'm not really sure whether thats a good thing for me or if it will just store in my stomach area for example.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Zoofle
sounds like my intake when I was 10.......
1 gram per lb of bodyweight

Mikeez0
08-07-2018, 10:12 PM
sounds like my intake when I was 10.......
1 gram per lb of bodyweightNow, you are serious fully grown up male just by eating 110 grams a day?

desslok
08-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Eating 2000 pounds of protein per day is way too much.