PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss Help!

Krd96
08-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Hey all!

I am hoping someone can help me improve my fitness plan at the moment! In the past two years I've gained a bit of weight and definitely lost my strength. I am trying to lose about 20-30 pounds of fat, but also work on lifting and muscle gain.

As of now, I've lost about 7 pounds in about 5 weeks, but these past two weeks I have not lost anything. I would ideally like to burn about 2 pounds of fat per week but am a bit stuck.

A bit about me, I am a 24 year old female, 5'4.5", 162lbs, body fat percentage is approximately 27-29% (depends on which online calculator I use). I play Rugby twice a week. Other days I try to incorporate HIIT and circuit training into my workouts. I would ideally like to add in more barbell lifts as well, like deadlifts and squats, but the gym is always super packed and I really do not have the time to spend more than 90 minutes there. Unfortunately, the barbells are often in use when I am able to get to the gym.

Anyway, what would you say I am doing wrong, and how should I fix it.

A typical day for food is:
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a peach or 1/2 banana (every now and then I have whole grain toast with almond butter)
Lunch: Greek Yogurt (1/2 cup), 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, 10-20 raspberries, some slivered almonds or a veggie patty and egg
Snack: Some type of vegetable (peppers, celery, etc.)
Dinner: Varies, usually some sort of salad on the side at least. Dinner is usually between 300-600 calories depending on the day and workout.
If I find that I am still hungry during the day before I workout, I usually have some pistachios or almonds. Also, I will add 2 tablespoons of nut butter with my snacks like celery or banana. My total caloric intake tends to cary between 1400-1800 depending on workout and such. I have to admit, I am a snacker and I try very hard to not snack too much, but I have had days where I eat too much, or snack on something I should not. Any advice on controlling that?

Workout:
Monday: 15 minute elliptical workout, circuit 3-5 times with: single leg RDL, pullups, dumbell bench, goblet squats, pushups, abs. No rest in between activity, 1 minute rest in between rounds. 15 minute HIIT workout on the bike
Tuesday: Rugby
Wednesday: Similar to Monday, but different workouts in the circuit
Thursday: Rugby
Friday: Similar to monday/tuesday
Saturday: gym closed on saturdays until the end of August. For now I do housework, go for a walk, run errands, etc.
Sunday: Same as saturday, on occasion I go for a hike or something.

Any and all advice would be appreciated! At the moment I do not eat a lot of meat because I live with my sister who is a vegetarian. Next month I will be living on my own and will probably add more chicken and salmon into my diet.

spradish
08-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Hey all!
As of now, I've lost about 7 pounds in about 5 weeks, but these past two weeks I have not lost anything. I would ideally like to burn about 2 pounds of fat per week but am a bit stuck.

Anyway, what would you say I am doing wrong, and how should I fix it.

Simply put, you are not heavy enough to lose 2 pounds per week. Your calorie burn will not support it. Losing 1 pound per week is a great rate for a woman your size. Also, it is normal during weight loss to have some weeks when you don't lose. Weight loss is not linear plus women have water weight fluctuations due to hormone changes, which can mask fat loss when weighing on the scale. When you haven't lost for 4-6 weeks, drop calories. Stay patient and keep up the good work.

Rolendo2
09-02-2018, 05:32 AM
Hello, I am a newbie here. I just signed up few minutes ago. I am little bit worry about my fat loss. I read your thread here. Looks like a good tips. I will surely take a look onto it. Thanks!

gr3gorio
09-02-2018, 08:32 AM
In my previous attempt to lose some weight I tried alternate on not eating for dinner and for 3 weeks a loss some weight then for 2 months I loss a couple of lbs from 170 to 158, this doesn't include any workout but now it's different i'm including a work-out and i'm eating a bit on dinner.