PDA

View Full Version : Meal prep and counting calories

Rageoftheage
08-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Weigh out portions before and after you prep, making sure you know exactly what the macros of each meal is....

OR

Count the total calories/macros prepped, divide by the amount of meals you are making, and eyeball portions....

How OCD is BB.com?

Mikeez0
08-02-2018, 10:08 PM
If you are prepping for a day, why not log just entire ingredients at once?

Simpliest thing to do.
1) Take 1kg of rice -> 3500calories or 350calories per 100grams.
2) cook it, weight it, and get ~3.5kg of rice.
3) 3.5kg - 3500calories
100g - 100calories.
4) Simple math - profit.

EjnarKolinkar
08-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Count the total cal

^This. Worrying over a tbsp of cooked rice more or less a day when you eat it all by the end of 3 days is insane.

I know there are people who like to punish themselves or do everything the hardest possible way, and think doing so will produce better results. IRL there is only so much mental and physical energy per week, wasting it on trivialities is unfortunate. Your life passes you by and all you have is a bunch of checks on a todo list that did not matter anyway.

immel07
08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
^This. Worrying over a tbsp of cooked rice more or less a day when you eat it all by the end of 3 days is insane.

I know there are people who like to punish themselves or do everything the hardest possible way, and think doing so will produce better results. IRL there is only so much mental and physical energy per week, wasting it on trivialities is unfortunate. Your life passes you by and all you have is a bunch of checks on a todo list that did not matter anyway.

Agreed. In my opinion unless you are prepping for Mr. Olympia and bodybuilding is your full time job, forget the rocket science breakdown. Follow the fundamentals to a T, train your ass off, eat clean and often.