PDA

View Full Version : What is a good bulking meal plan for a 16 year old

Damian0956
07-21-2018, 10:32 AM
I'm 16 5ft 9 and weigh 10 stone 11lbs what is a good meal plan to build muscle and how many calories should I consume to build muscle?

xsquid99
07-21-2018, 10:52 AM
For most people I would say just go to www.tdeecalculator.net and start with 300 calories over your TDEE and adjust your calories as required until you're gaining a couple pounds a month.

Ensure you are getting at least 0.82g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of bodyweight.

That being said, you're 16, just eat what you want and lift, you're young and you can get away with it.

formicaman
07-21-2018, 10:53 AM
None. Eat big and get your fruits and veggies in. Don't worry about the details too much.

Damian0956
07-21-2018, 11:40 AM
With this I ended up on 2900 cals a day 60g fat 125g protein and the rest being good quality carb sources I hit the gym 4 times a week and my cardio comes from walking primarily as I walk quite long distances everyday. Do the macros and cals above sound correct?

Damian0956
07-21-2018, 11:42 AM
None. Eat big and get your fruits and veggies in. Don't worry about the details too much.

I don't like whole "eat big get big" thing as I ate big previously and I just ended up fat I know you need to be mindful of what you eat but the whole eat big thing makes me spiral off and I end up eating a load of garbage so I prefer to know how many cals I can eat a day to make decent progress as it alters my way of thinking as I eat foods I wouldn't previously eat due to the amount of cals I can consume a day

dipatel13
07-21-2018, 12:56 PM
I don't like whole "eat big get big" thing as I ate big previously and I just ended up fat I know you need to be mindful of what you eat but the whole eat big thing makes me spiral off and I end up eating a load of garbage so I prefer to know how many cals I can eat a day to make decent progress as it alters my way of thinking as I eat foods I wouldn't previously eat due to the amount of cals I can consume a day

Since you are still growing, your calorie needs aren't constant. As I mentioned in your other thread, you don't need to stress over cals or macros at your age.

Damian0956
07-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Since you are still growing, your calorie needs aren't constant. As I mentioned in your other thread, you don't need to stress over cals or macros at your age.

Alright thanks

AdamWW
07-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Meal plan = a lot. like, a lot.

Calories = see above.