PDA

View Full Version : How bad is an LCL sprain

Jadedfadedisbae
07-19-2018, 02:52 PM
I just tore mine and my meniscus on my jumping knee...apparently Doctor said surgery isn't necessary as its a small tear but on the flip side it also means it cant heal because not enough bloodflow...

Are my playing basketball days over or do I just have to wait like 3 months?

Lunatic
07-19-2018, 02:57 PM
I just tore mine and my meniscus on my jumping knee...apparently Doctor said surgery isn't necessary as its a small tear but on the flip side it also means it cant heal because not enough bloodflow...

Are my playing basketball days over or do I just have to wait like 3 months?There is PT that you can do to help both. No, your basketball days are not over.

Hardcore_D00d
07-19-2018, 03:20 PM
it's a long ass healing process

Cadet4life
07-19-2018, 03:34 PM
itll hurt like a bitch for a few weeks. i tore my mcl, took 3 weeks off and i was back playing football (hurt like chit but i could play thru it). thats great you dont need surgery.

i was do as much as u can tolerate the pain. walk a little bit and then increase it everyday. itll take time

Shortstop36
07-19-2018, 03:57 PM
tbh asking the sports misc will save you a doctors visit

AriGhold
07-19-2018, 03:59 PM
Your jumping knee? Do you hop around on one foot?

Sikhveins
07-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Fuk mane, sorry to hear. Always my biggest fear.

Look into physical therapy and come back stronger in few months.

How often did you do leg day?

cor030
07-21-2018, 10:02 AM
same injury. happened back in my skateboarding days when I was a kid. it hurt like a mother****er but I didn't need surgery for it at the time. I just leaned into being a nerd and used it as an excuse to play video games for 3-4 months and recovered fine.

however did need total knee reconstruction later down the line but the doc said it was moreso related to repeated abuse to the knee, malaligned knee cap, genetics/age and that it didn't have anything to do with the previous injury.

FWIW I can still skate just fine and pick it up every few months. And this is after the surgery.