PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting macros

snowforce
07-10-2018, 09:47 AM
My current weight is 153lbs and my current macros are 265grams of protein, 353grams of carbs, and 118 grams of fat. I’m trying to bulk up and I’m a pretty lean guy, how should I adjust my macros to gain more muscle/weight?

Vandeman17
07-10-2018, 09:52 AM
that comes out to around 3500 per day which should be enough to bulk. Your protein amount is way more than needed. Hit your protein minimums and fat minimums and fill the rest of your calories as you want. Aim to gain 2-3 lbs per month. Maybe list out what you eat in a day along with the macros for your foods for additional help

DutchTeamUltra
07-10-2018, 10:34 AM
My current weight is 153lbs and my current macros are 265grams of protein, 353grams of carbs, and 118 grams of fat. I’m trying to bulk up and I’m a pretty lean guy, how should I adjust my macros to gain more muscle/weight?

Af Vandeman said, 3500 should be enough for you to bulk on (probably a bit too much even).
Track your weight on the scales & aim for 2 (maybe) 3 pounds a month. If you go higher you'll be putting on a lot of fat.

If you like eating that much protein, feel free. But if you make the minimum of 0,82 grams per lb of bodyweight, you're fine regardless.
Especially as a caloric surplus (and carbs) are protein sparing.