PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant: LeBron James Must ‘Figure Out a Way to Win’

JtotheIzzo
06-16-2018, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen a thread on this, what did everyone think about Kobe's comments on LeBron?

EuAGmTuYvaU

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780523-kobe-bryant-nba-greats-get-lathered-about-lebrons-legacy

All I thought about as a kid personally was winning championships. That’s all I cared about. That's how I valued Michael. That's how I valued [Larry] Bird. That's how I valued Magic [Johnson]. It was just winning championships. Now, everybody's going to value things differently, which is fine. I'm just telling you how I value mine.

If I'm Bron, you got to figure out a way to win. It's not about narrative. You want to win championships, you just gotta figure it out.

Michael gave me some really good advice after the '08 Finals: 'You got all the tools. You gotta figure out how to get these guys to that next level to win that championship.' Going into the 2010 series, I said, 'Listen, Boston, they got Ray Allen, they got Paul Pierce, they got [Kevin] Garnett, they got Sheed [Wallace], the talent is there. They're stacked.' That was the first superteam. [Michael] kind of heard me lament about it, and he just goes, 'Yeah, well, it is what it is; you gotta figure it out. There's no other alternative.' And that's the challenge LeBron has. You have pieces that you have to try to figure out how to work with. Excuses don't work right now. …

It has everything to do with how you build the team, from an emotional level. How do you motivate them? … Leadership is not making guys better by just throwing them the ball. That's not what it is. It's about the influence that you have on them to reach their full potential. And some of it's not pretty. Some of it's challenging, some of it's confrontational. Some of it's pat on the back. But it's finding that balance, so now when you show up to play a Golden State or a Boston, your guys feel like you have the confidence to take on more.

YoungMetro24
06-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Kobe’s gotta figure out a way to have a son. End of discussion.

FakeRabona
06-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Logical posters will provide statistical evidence to show why LeBron does almost everything better than Kobe.

Kobe fans will say 5>3.

/thread.

stardewvalley
06-16-2018, 10:50 AM
kobe is trying too hard to keep the limelight on him, losing respect for him honestly

same story about how people were comparing lebron to jordan on twitter and kobe, like a retard, insinuates himself into the conversation

GotNext
06-16-2018, 11:04 AM
LeBron fans will provide statistical evidence to show why LeBron does almost everything better than Kobe.

Kobe fans will say 5>3.

/thread.

So LeBron fans: "stats are the most important"
Kobe fans: "winning is the most important"

Is that legitimately how you see the two sides?

Anyway, Jordan told Kobe after his Finals loss how he would approach it, it worked for him in 2010. Kobe does the same now for LeBron, but of course its not taken as good advice but a knock on him.

Fragile egos, both LeBron and his fans likewise.

nvrstopworking
06-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Kobe is the LAST person in the NBA qualified to speak about "doing less" and "making teammates better".

He's lucky he had Phil. We all saw what happened when anyone tried to coach him.

MBisonSon
06-16-2018, 11:11 AM
The funny thing is winning always mattered, but Lebron fans don't want it to now.

They wanna devalue winning.

GotNext
06-16-2018, 11:21 AM
The funny thing is winning always mattered, but Lebron fans don't want it to now.

They wanna devalue winning.

LeBron fans confirmed Marxists ... who am I kidding, they wouldn't even know what a Marxist is, illiterate fuks

TaeBoNinja
06-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Kobe is the LAST person in the NBA qualified to speak about "doing less" and "making teammates better".

He's lucky he had Phil. We all saw what happened when anyone tried to coach him.
Kobe's teammates played better with him, Lebron's play worse with him. Facts.

GotNext
06-16-2018, 11:34 AM
To Kobe's point:

If LeBron keeps playing his MeFirst-System, he will get even more tired (and unsuccessful) in the future

https://i1.wp.com/vendettasportsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-05-at-12.48.05-AM.png?w=562

Here is how A TEAM moves the ball:

https://i0.wp.com/vendettasportsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-05-at-12.48.26-AM.png?w=564

nvrstopworking
06-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobe's teammates played better with him, Lebron's play worse with him. Facts.

And yet he was still able to go to the finals 8 times and win 3 rings.... man... guy is truly the GOAT.

GotNext
06-16-2018, 11:40 AM
And yet he was still able to go to the finals 8 times and win 3 rings.... man... guy is truly the GOAT.

Odd, your math doesn't work out, since he is 3-6. You forgot this years finals-loss? Maybe LeBronies simply stopped counting the losses, after all, its all about stats, not rings. lel

TMaC828
06-16-2018, 11:41 AM

So now we're glorifying gliding through a pathetic Eastern Conference and getting swept in the Finals?

Obviously it isn't his fault the conference is so weak, but it must be taken into consideration. Seeing how he's lost to the winner of the West 6/9 times.

KD > Kobe > LeHoudini

mcboo2
06-16-2018, 11:44 AM
It's very obvious kobe elevates his teammates and lebron turns every teammate into a stand in the corner and shoot 3's player. But but kobe is a ball hog! Lol

Sikhveins
06-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Why is Kobe out here giving his opinion on everything twitter related all of a sudden?

I wonder if he’s even called Lebron to talk to him about this. It’s a ploy to stay relevant you’d never catch him trying to help someone who’s already passed him

bezarker
06-16-2018, 11:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jAWUB5Y.png

Because of lebron...

mcboo2
06-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Why is Kobe out here giving his opinion on everything twitter related all of a sudden?

I wonder if he’s even called Lebron to talk to him about this. It’s a ploy to stay relevant you’d never catch him trying to help someone who’s already passed him

Kobe has always been very complimentary of Lebron. Hell he even said he would rather have played with Lebron over Shaq lol. All he is doing is showing what the media refuses to acknowledge or ding Lebron for. He loses almost every time he makes a finals. Sorry that's just reality.

FakeRabona
06-16-2018, 12:05 PM
So LeBron fans: "stats are the most important"
Kobe fans: "winning is the most important"

Is that legitimately how you see the two sides?

Anyway, Jordan told Kobe after his Finals loss how he would approach it, it worked for him in 2010. Kobe does the same now for LeBron, but of course its not taken as good advice but a knock on him.

Fragile egos, both LeBron and his fans likewise.

I’m telling you that that is how the argument goes on this forum.

LeBron is by far the superior player, statisctically, but has less rings (albeit more as the leader).

Just as Kobe is far superior to Horry, statistically, but has less rings.

IsLifeRealLife
06-16-2018, 12:09 PM
This mid life crisis little bean needs to go raise his DAUGHTERS

Pathetic attention whore always has to constantly have the spotlight. The farewell tour that he orchestrated wasn't enough for that phaggot.

mcboo2
06-16-2018, 12:17 PM
I’m telling you that that is how the argument goes on this forum.

LeBron is by far the superior player, statisctically, but has less rings (albeit more as the leader).

Just as Kobe is far superior to Horry, statistically, but has less rings.

This isn't the argument whatsoever lol. Lebron has literally chosen his team since he left cleveland, stomps the east every year cus they're garbage, and you idiots want to claim him as the second coming of Christ even though he cant ever win. You're like a team soccer mom that wants to make sure everyone gets a trophy lol.

Noone considers Wilt as the goat when he has by far and away the best stats of anyone yet lost constantly (hmm just like Lebron, yet he didn't get to chose his team every year) so why is this a relevant conversation now?

nvrstopworking
06-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Odd, your math doesn't work out, since he is 3-6. You forgot this years finals-loss? Maybe LeBronies simply stopped counting the losses, after all, its all about stats, not rings. lel

Should have added "in a row". Sue me.

LeJR
06-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Kobe has gone to the point of actually believing that mamba mentality bull****

nvrstopworking
06-16-2018, 12:57 PM
So now we're glorifying gliding through a pathetic Eastern Conference and getting swept in the Finals?

Obviously it isn't his fault the conference is so weak, but it must be taken into consideration. Seeing how he's lost to the winner of the West 6/9 times.

KD > Kobe > LeHoudini

Championship Pistons team

Championship Celts team

60-win Bulls team with an MVP

60-win Hawks team with 4 all-stars

You're right.... East is weak as hell. Dubs had it way harder playing ONE legit team in the last 2 years lol.

Want to see when the East was REALLY weak? Go back and look at it when MJ was winning his titles. Celts and Pistons on their last legs and then what..... the Knicks? Who couldn't even win when MJ retired? Pacers? Same story? The Park Price and Craig Ehlo Cavs? lol.....

mvpshaq32
06-16-2018, 01:24 PM

Championship Celts team

You're right.... East is weak as hell. Dubs had it way harder playing ONE legit team in the last 2 years lol.

Want to see when the East was REALLY weak? Go back and look at it when MJ was winning his titles. Celts and Pistons on their last legs and then what..... the Knicks? Who couldn't even win when MJ retired? Pacers? Same story? The Park Price and Craig Ehlo Cavs? lol.....

when Lebronies are bragging about beating All-Star Kyle Korver...that's when you know the Leastern Conference is trash

not to mention they personally took out the guy's knee when they played him in the playoffs

FakeRabona
06-16-2018, 01:29 PM
This isn't the argument whatsoever lol. Lebron has literally chosen his team since he left cleveland, stomps the east every year cus they're garbage, and you idiots want to claim him as the second coming of Christ even though he cant ever win. You're like a team soccer mom that wants to make sure everyone gets a trophy

That’s what every LeBron/Kobe discussion ends up as.

Would you prefer me to discuss whether Kobe is qualified to advise a player with more rings as the leader of his team on how to win rings?

XterraRob
06-16-2018, 01:36 PM
LeThree&Six

MBisonSon
06-16-2018, 01:39 PM
LOL how rustled LeChoke fans are from a simple tweet by Clutchby

CalmWind
06-16-2018, 01:57 PM
first of all, Kobe is the better player, between Kobe and Lebron. More skilled, more entertaining, everything.

Lebron is overrated because he has manufactured -2- superteams for himself since 2010.

If Kobe has some words for lebron, then lebron should listen if he wants to get better.

CalmWind
06-16-2018, 01:59 PM

Would you prefer me to discuss whether Kobe is qualified to advise a player with more rings as the leader of his team on how to win rings?

Lebron's rings are superteam rings.

2 rings with prime Wade, prime Bosh.

1 ring with prime Kyrie, prime Love.

not impressed. Then you wonder why Durant joined GSW. If you guys are going to give Lebron credit for winning with superteams, then why shouldn't Durant do the same?

TMaC828
06-16-2018, 02:13 PM

Championship Celts team

So in a 15 year career, you can name two legitimate teams. One you have to go back 14 years, the other you have to go back a decade. Bulls were pretenders with a young D Rose with only two other double digit scorers on the team. Against Wade/Bosh/LBJ. And the Hawks? ****in lol... Teague and Korver had no business being all-stars. Neither are HoF'ers.

Also...

Against 60-win teams in the playoffs: Jordan (7-2) | LeBron (3-4)
Michael Jordan:

1986/1987: Lost 0-3 to Boston Celtics (67-15) in 1st Round

1988/1989: Lost 2-4 to Detroit Pistons (63-19) in ECF

1992/1993: Won 4-2 to New York Knicks (60-22) in ECF

1992/1993: Won 4-2 to Phoenix Suns (62-20) in Finals

1995/1996: Won 4-0 to Orlando Magic (60-22) in ECF

1995/1996: Won 4-2 to Seattle Sonics (64-18) in Finals

1996/1997: Won 4-1 to Miami Heat (61-21) in ECF

1996/1997: Won 4-2 to Utah Jazz (64-18) in Finals

1997/1998: Won 4-2 to Utah Jazz (62-20) in Finals

LeBron James:

2007/2008: Lost 2-4 to Boston Celtics (66-16) in 2nd Round

2010/2011: Won 4-1 to Chicago Bulls (62-20) in ECF

2013/2014: Lost 1-4 to San Antonio Spurs (62-20) in Finals

2014/2015: Won 4-0 to Atlanta Hawks (60-22) in ECF

2014/2015: Lost 2-4 to Golden State Warriors (67-15) in Finals

2015/2016: Won 4-3 to Golden State Warriors (73-9) in Finals

2016/2017: Lost 1-4 to Golden State Warriors (67-15) in Finals

So convenient of you to remember the Hawks and Bulls, but forgot about the Heat, Magic, Knicks.

mvpshaq32
06-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Lebron's rings are superteam rings.

2 rings with prime Wade, prime Bosh.

1 ring with prime Kyrie, prime Love.

not impressed. Then you wonder why Durant joined GSW. If you guys are going to give Lebron credit for winning with superteams, then why shouldn't Durant do the same?

Because only LeFrequentFlyerMiles is allowed to team up with multiple All-Stars

Otherwise it's unfair

mcboo2
06-16-2018, 05:09 PM

First of all I literally invented using fmvps as a measure of excellence of this forum lol, so you're welcome. And Kobe is clearly more qualified to advise Lebron given he's won FAR more with greater competition and less help, would you like me to bring the numbers to you, bro?

tonyparker69
06-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Championship Celts team

Look at this dude bragging about Lebron having to beat 4 good teams in like 12 years.

FakeRabona
06-16-2018, 10:56 PM
First of all I literally invented using fmvps as a measure of excellence of this forum lol, so you're welcome. And Kobe is clearly more qualified to advise Lebron given he's won FAR more with greater competition and less help, would you like me to bring the numbers to you, bro?

Kobe: 2 rings as the best player on the team.

LeBron: 3 rings as the best player on the team.

Unless Kobe’s advise is “play with prime Shaq” I really don’t see what he has to offer. Sorry.

tonyparker69
06-16-2018, 11:35 PM

Unless Kobe’s advise is “play with prime Shaq” I really don’t see what he has to offer. Sorry.

Lebron literally threw away a ring against a team they should have smashed because he played like the 8th best player on his team. Wade outclassed him all playoffs long, something you can never really say for Kobe and Shaq. Both of them were always dominant, Kobe often a bit more so vs the West before Shaq took over in the finals.

GotNext
06-16-2018, 11:53 PM
Both of them were always dominant, Kobe often a bit more so vs the West before Shaq took over in the finals.

Which was just straight-up the smart way to play the East, because the Big Man in the East were a joke, similar to most of the last decade really, where LeBron had one of the very few strong big man in the East with him (Bosh or KLove). Watch him go to Embiid next.

Imagine how dumb it would be for Kobe to take over the Finals and not abuse the mis-match Shaq had all night long. As Shaq would say: chicken dinner. Winning > Stats

Cudacke
06-16-2018, 11:58 PM

actually the correct fact is Kobe 3 for 3 rings as a close second best player on the team.
Lebron 0 for 1 rings as the "THIRD" best player on the team.

If going to the finals and lose is a anyway an accomplishment, then being able to play the second best player on a 3 peat team should be a much better one anyway.
It is a fact that Kobe is able to lead as the best player and also as a second best player just as well if not better.
Lebron clearly cannot, as a team player clearly not as good to be fitted into a system.
Basketball is a team game after all.

yea 5 > 3 logic works in this specific case if you can understand basketball as a team sport and the second best player is just as important as the best player in most of the situations.

FakeRabona
06-17-2018, 12:09 AM
Lebron literally threw away a ring against a team they should have smashed because he played like the 8th best player on his team. Wade outclassed him all playoffs long, something you can never really say for Kobe and Shaq. Both of them were always dominant, Kobe often a bit more so vs the West before Shaq took over in the finals.

Here’s the funny things about that:

LeBron vs the Mavs 2011:
PPG: 17.8
RPG: 7.2
APG: 6.8
SPG: 1.7
BPG: 0.5
FG%: 0.478

Kobe vs the Mavs 2011:
PPG: 23.3
RPG: 3.0
APG: 2.5
SPG: 1.8
BPG: 0.3
FG%: 0.458

And LeBron’s superteam still couldn’t beat the Mavs??

Which was just straight-up the smart way to play the East, because the Big Man in the East were a joke, similar to most of the last decade really, where LeBron had one of the very few strong big man in the East with him (Bosh or KLove). Watch him go to Embiid next.

Imagine how dumb it would be for Kobe to take over the Finals and not abuse the mis-match Shaq had all night long. As Shaq would say: chicken dinner. Winning > Stats

Which is a perfectly fine opinion to have, as long as you are also willing accept that Robert Horry was better than Kobe.

GotNext
06-17-2018, 01:22 AM

LeBron vs the Mavs 2011:

Kobe vs the Mavs 2011:

lol ... not sure you meant to compare the 2011 Lakers the Miami superteam LeBron-Wade-Bosh ... thats not a good look, even or rather if you break it down to individual stats. The more help you have, the easier your own points come. LeBron fukin vanished in those Finals, pulled off the greatest disappearance act since Houdini, only to be repeated Game 1 OT this year.

Which is a perfectly fine opinion to have, as long as you are also willing accept that Robert Horry was better than Kobe.

Robert Horry is a winner. Kobe is a winner.

FakeRabona
06-17-2018, 01:43 AM
lol ... not sure you meant to compare the 2011 Lakers the Miami superteam LeBron-Wade-Bosh ... thats not a good look, even or rather if you break it down to individual stats. The more help you have, the easier your own points come. LeBron fukin vanished in those Finals, pulled off the greatest disappearance act since Houdini, only to be repeated Game 1 OT this year.

You’ll find no arguments here, that was easily LeBron’s worst Playoff series. And yet...

LeBron vs the Mavs 2011:

Kobe vs the Mavs 2011:

But Kobe would have found a way to win, i’m sure.

Robert Horry is a winner. Kobe is a winner.

They both have won multiple rings, yes. But Horry won more so....?

AriGhold
06-17-2018, 04:29 AM

Yet this logic is completely contradicts any stance you took on Durant these finals. Durant disappeared in OT. Durant’s finals were made incredibly easier due to the stars around him taking off pressure. So much bias.

Cudacke
06-17-2018, 06:46 AM

of course,
Lebron was that bad in the series.

didn't you watch the game?

GotNext
06-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Yet this logic is completely contradicts any stance you took on Durant these finals. Durant disappeared in OT. Durant’s finals were made incredibly easier due to the stars around him taking off pressure. So much bias.

No bias at all.

LeBron had Kyrie and KLove, Kyrie demanded the ball, thus he took on one share of the burden and LeBrons points the last few years came MUCH MUCH easier than this year, where he looked exhausted in most Q3's.

If LeBron - JUST AS KOBE TELLS HIM, AND JUST AS JORDAN TOLD KOBE AFTER 2008 - would take a step back, do less, allow his other stars to play to their strengths and conserve energy for when he is really needed, he would not struggle as much in the Finals.

I believe the Cavs could have stolen at least 2 games, maybe make it a 7-game series, if they would have played to the strength of KLove a bit more. They literally drew up plays for KLove where he had identical paths as Kyle Korver ...wtf. He had a good percentage in the post and then they stopped feeding him for some reason and he started taking contested turn-around 3-pointers as if he is Korver / Reddick / LouWill. Thats not his game, not his strength, but he has to play the bailout-shooter role in the LeBron system.

Wherever LeBron ends up, I hope its under a strong coach who will reign him in, for his own benefit. LeBron needs to STFU regarding plays and just execute under someone like Pop if he wants to have another ring.

tonyparker69
06-17-2018, 11:00 AM

Right, which is why I don't get the whole "carried because finals MVP" thing. Nobody at the time thought this. The west guards weren't amazing compared to the east ones and the east big men sucked ass compared to the west ones.

LeBron vs the Mavs 2011:

Kobe vs the Mavs 2011:

I don't get the point you're trying to prove here.

Peter Ruby
06-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Wherever LeBron ends up, I hope its under a strong coach who will reign him in, for his own benefit. LeBron needs to STFU regarding plays and just execute under someone like Pop if he wants to have another ring.

He should go to Minnesota. Thibs won't take that diva attitude from him. Doubt he wants to leave the eastern conference though.

reverse79
06-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Fukkin LOL at Kobe talking about “finding a way to win” as if he didn’t cry in public to be traded until the organization made a trade for Gasol to save Kobe’s legacy.

+ cried for phil jackson to come back and coach him. Couldnt lead his own team out of mediocrity. Couldnt win without shaq until bailed out

Hypocrisy is a hell of a drug...

MBisonSon
06-18-2018, 08:35 AM
LOL at a simple Clutchby tweet making Lechoke stans melt down like Madam Tousad's with a broken air conditioner

sammywatkins
06-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Fukkin LOL at Kobe talking about “finding a way to win” as if he didn’t cry in public to be traded until the organization made a trade for Gasol to save Kobe’s legacy.
Yeah he should've teamed up with two hall of famers on his own

FakeRabona
06-18-2018, 09:40 AM
Yeah he should've teamed up with two hall of famers on his own

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBUpiM_CUAAfS_f.jpg

lsiberian
06-18-2018, 01:52 PM
IOTW join up with the best coach in the NBA and a strong big. Remember the Alamo Lebron!