PDA

View Full Version : JR just gave LeBron and his fans the ultimate built-in excuse

YoungMetro24
05-31-2018, 11:05 PM
No matter what happens in the next 3-6 games: “We could’ve won this series if J.R. doesn’t go full retard at the end of regulation in game 1”

TaeBoNinja
05-31-2018, 11:09 PM
nope

YesWayNoWeigh
05-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Works for me

TaeBoNinja
05-31-2018, 11:14 PM
“We could’ve won this series if Lebron doesn’t go 0-4 for overtime in game 1”

FakeRabona
05-31-2018, 11:23 PM

LeBron didn’t get a 60 point triple double against the most stacked team of all-time!?

Malversation
05-31-2018, 11:24 PM
No matter what happens in the next 3-6 games: “We could’ve won this series if J.R. doesn’t go full retard at the end of regulation in game 1”
Good thing this is best 4 out of 7 and not best 1 of 1. But yeah, JR pissing himself probably has shattered them mentally, and they played as if it did in the OT.

beer n brats
06-01-2018, 12:16 AM
“We could’ve won this series if J.R. doesn’t go full retard at the end of regulation in game 1”

it’s true though

wickedman
06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Would have been better to get smoked by 20 the whole way through the game than lose like they did.

mvpshaq32
06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
death, taxes, and Lebronies with excuses

Manletbolic
06-01-2018, 01:42 AM
If anything lebron brought this to himself by starting the era of superteams and now has to face the monster he created.

FakeRabona
06-01-2018, 01:54 AM
If anything lebron brought this to himself by starting the era of superteams and now has to face the monster he created.

Did you start watching basketball in 2010?

Kawhilights
06-01-2018, 05:47 AM

Wouldn't need OT if the Warriors didn't bring their own refs and overturned a clear, game deciding call.

4 all stars in their prime (best shooter ever, expert dick kicker, too skilled but a bitch to lead his own team, and the only warrior that isn't a tool and constantly bails them out) + bail out call in the final minute all to stop LeBron. Clarkson goes 3 for 9 in regulation instead of 2 for 9 and it's a wrap, but wide open shots aren't his strong suit.

UMirinMyUndies
06-01-2018, 06:13 AM
And if the cavs won, gs "fans" would complain about no iggy.

kengriffeyjr
06-01-2018, 07:28 AM
george hill missed the gw ft. jr doesn't go full jr if hill doesn't choke.

sooby
06-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Did you start watching basketball in 2010?

let's be honest, they don't watch basketball.

they watch ECF trophy presentations in a Kobe jersey, sipping on Soylent with a swirly straw and chewing crackers, foaming at the mouth with contempt. Angry that the man whom their entire existence revolves around is miles greater than every man they've ever called Daddy. So the pursuit of a new daddy continues; ironically this new daddy will always take the basement while the object of their hatred remains rent free on the main floor.

Upon realization of this, these lakercucks cope by watching "Dear Basketball" reruns. Fleshlight and magic card collections were gathered during this ritualistic viewing. A heightened sense of delusion and cuckdom was acquired which has enabled them to post copious amounts of low IQ cope on the sports misc.

Then they go back to Wal-Mart

Lakercucks are truly unhinged and belong in a mental asylum!

bezarker
06-01-2018, 08:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/bW5E6ic.png

JmanTheJuiceman
06-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Wouldn't need OT if the Warriors didn't bring their own refs and overturned a clear, game deciding call.

4 all stars in their prime (best shooter ever, expert dick kicker, too skilled but a bitch to lead his own team, and the only warrior that isn't a tool and constantly bails them out) + bail out call in the final minute all to stop LeBron. Clarkson goes 3 for 9 in regulation instead of 2 for 9 and it's a wrap, but wide open shots aren't his strong suit.

Not quite sure what the refs were looking at when they overturned that call.... that was ridiculous.

jinda628
06-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Are you talking about the called charge and overturned for blocking? Do you know the rules? If you watch the replay repeatedly, you will notice that during the contact, Lebron's right leg is still in the motion to establish his position. For a charge to be called, both his feet must be planted on the ground. Last night, he planted his left but his body and right left is still moving. It's a correct call for a blocking foul.

Its not an issue of whether he's in the un/restricted zone. It's clearly a blocking foul.

Not quite sure what the refs were looking at when they overturned that call.... that was ridiculous.

^

AriGhold
06-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Are you talking about the called charge and overturned for blocking? Do you know the rules? If you watch the replay repeatedly, you will notice that during the contact, Lebron's right leg is still in the motion to establish his position. For a charge to be called, both his feet must be planted on the ground. Last night, he planted his left but his body and right left is still moving. It's a correct call for a blocking foul.

Its not an issue of whether he's in the un/restricted zone. It's clearly a blocking foul.

^

You are allowed to move your feet and still get a charge. Your feet don’t have to be planted to have established position. IMO his body and left leg were already in guarding position in durant’s path and his right leg moving didn’t change the ruling. Oh well.

I thought he officiating was pretty one sided this game. Cavs should have walked out of there with a 6 pt win if a few calls would have done the right way. But that’s sports. And I know there are times when the Cavs get the benefit of calls. Just hope they don’t come out on Sunday discouraged and get smoked by 30.

midcoastking33
06-01-2018, 09:49 AM
lol @ cavs fans crying about refs. the irony

FakeRabona
06-01-2018, 10:04 AM

The rule is that whether a player is in the restricted area is what triggers the review.

mvpshaq32
06-01-2018, 10:39 AM
lol @ cavs fans crying about refs. the irony

https://i.imgur.com/h8amelc.jpg

jinda628
06-01-2018, 11:11 AM
You are allowed to move your feet and still get a charge. Your feet don’t have to be planted to have established position. IMO his body and left leg were already in guarding position in durant’s path and his right leg moving didn’t change the ruling. Oh well.

I thought he officiating was pretty one sided this game. Cavs should have walked out of there with a 6 pt win if a few calls would have done the right way. But that’s sports. And I know there are times when the Cavs get the benefit of calls. Just hope they don’t come out on Sunday discouraged and get smoked by 30.
I didn't say he isn't allowed to move. Of course you are allowed to move your feet. But you still have to be established or in place already before the the contact. That call reversal is because of this:

A defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive play-er once he has started his shooting motion.
Lebron's right leg was still sliding together with his body blocking KD's drive. It was very obvious that he hasn't established a defensive position yet during the contact. KD was already in the shooting motion while Lebron is still establishing his position. It was a clean and correct overturn.

The rule is that whether a player is in the restricted area is what triggers the review.
The review was to check if the charge is valid. GSW or the refs can argue to review for both. The call was a charge and the only thing that can nullify the charge call is either the restricted zone or a blocking. So they have to look at both scenario. It just happened that it ended up as blocking.

Its like if a referee called for a technical because he saw a player throw a punch and they found out in the review that its actually an elbow, can't they reverse it and say its an elbow instead?

There was a foul called against Klay earlier due to one cav player flopping and thats ok right?

Sikhveins
06-01-2018, 11:15 AM
^ you can be moving as long as you’ve established position underneath the shooter, which he did. All you see is some slight shuffling of his feet.

9/10 that’s a charge

The ref on Tv even expected a charge to be called.

When not everyone’s on the same page for your agenda oops

FakeRabona
06-01-2018, 11:24 AM
The review was to check if the charge is valid. GSW or the refs can argue to review for both. The call was a charge and the only thing that can nullify the charge call is either the restricted zone or a blocking. So they have to look at both scenario. It just happened that it ended up as blocking.

Its like if a referee called for a technical because he saw a player throw a punch and they found out in the review that its actually an elbow, can't they reverse it and say its an elbow instead?

I don't have a problem with them changing the call after the review if they think it was a charge, my point is that to my understanding they aren't allowed to review it unless they thought he might have been in the restricted area (which he clearly wasn't). But you said the restricted area wasn't an issue.

From the NBA website:

Restricted Area Block/Charge
Since the 2012-13 season, referees have reviewed all block/charge calls when they are not reasonably certain as to whether the defender was inside or outside of the restricted area. For more information about what constitutes a block or a charge. Restricted area replays are conducted only during the last two minutes of the fourth period and during all of overtime.

jinda628
06-01-2018, 11:37 AM
^ you can be moving as long as you’ve established position underneath the shooter, which he did. All you see is some slight shuffling of his feet.

9/10 that’s a charge

The ref on Tv even expected a charge to be called.

When not everyone’s on the same page for your agenda oops

What are you guys watching? He was in the motion of moving in to establish the position and he is not established yet before the contact. Thats just it. If you cant see that, I dont have other ways to convince you.

Sikhveins
06-01-2018, 11:42 AM
What are you guys watching? He was in the motion of moving in to establish the position and he is not established yet before the contact. Thats just it. If you cant see that, I dont have other ways to convince you.

That’s a charge 9/10.

Way outside the restricted area had no reason to be reviewed

dQhEejskTbI

Shortstop36
06-01-2018, 11:49 AM
If ppl say that ray allen bailed Lebron out in game 6 i don't see how it's any different to say JR went full retard and potentially costed the cavs game 1

bezarker
06-01-2018, 11:51 AM
That’s a block 9/10.

According to the official NBA rulebook, the call is deemed a block if the defender is: a) Not in a legal guarding position, or b) in a legal guarding position, but inside the restricted area. The call is only deemed a charge if “the defender was in a legal guarding position and outside the restricted area.”]

ooph
06-01-2018, 11:55 AM

I don't see them triggering the review as a huge deal. I understand how lebron fans are upset about it. It seemed the two refs missed it when they went to each other, and each had a different call. If you look slightly earlier in the play his foot was on the line of restricted, so I'm guessing closest ref looked up to the charge thinking his feet were still in. Obviously in review it clearly wasn't, but I can understand how it went to that point.

biggquis
06-01-2018, 11:58 AM
And if the cavs won, gs "fans" would complain about no iggy.

Yup. People on the internet make more excuses than the actual players themselves

biggquis
06-01-2018, 12:05 PM
That’s a charge 9/10.

Way outside the restricted area had no reason to be reviewed

dQhEejskTbI

I don't see them triggering the review as a huge deal. I understand how lebron fans are upset about it. It seemed the two refs missed it when they went to each other, and each had a different call. If you look slightly earlier in the play his foot was on the line of restricted, so I'm guessing closest ref looked up to the charge thinking his feet were still in. Obviously in review it clearly wasn't, but I can understand how it went to that point.

Dude... how is triggering the review not a big deal? Lol. The game would've most likely been put away by Cleveland without that.

The closest ref, who was on the baseline ran onto the court to motion charge. He was actually in position to make the call. And Lebron was CLEARLY in position. He was also outside of the restricted area. Buuuuut... this isn't why they lost.

jinda628
06-01-2018, 12:22 PM
I don't have a problem with them changing the call after the review if they think it was a charge, my point is that to my understanding they aren't allowed to review it unless they thought he might have been in the restricted area (which he clearly wasn't). But you said the restricted area wasn't an issue.

From the NBA website:

When I said this, I meant it was not the reason for the reversal. It may be the 1st reason of the referees why they reviewed the call but the point is to review whether the charge is valid. Whether its about restricted zone or James not in the established position yet, the fact is that it is clearly not a charge and was in fact a blocking foul. It's a violation, whichever way we look at it.

But setting that aside, GSW got lucky. Cavs have the game already if not for the missed FT and JR letting the time run out. Cavs actually played great and unexpected for the game to be that close.

biggquis
06-01-2018, 12:40 PM
When I said this, I meant it was not the reason for the reversal. It may be the 1st reason of the referees why they reviewed the call but the point is to review whether the charge is valid. Whether its about restricted zone or James not in the established position yet, the fact is that it is clearly not a charge and was in fact a blocking foul. It's a violation, whichever way we look at it.

But setting that aside, GSW got lucky. Cavs have the game already if not for the missed FT and JR letting the time run out. Cavs actually played great and unexpected for the game to be that close.

The trigger for review is restricted area or not. There was no reason whatsoever to look at that play again. I do agree with your entire second point, though. Funny how the guy who called a block was completely out of position to even see it is also the same guy who tossed TT

Cudacke
06-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Dude... how is triggering the review not a big deal? Lol. The game would've most likely been put away by Cleveland without that.

The closest ref, who was on the baseline ran onto the court to motion charge. He was actually in position to make the call. And Lebron was CLEARLY in position. He was also outside of the restricted area. Buuuuut... this isn't why they lost.

Lebron is not in position.

biggquis
06-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Lebron is not in position.

Yeah, he was. His foot moved. But it doesn't matter because there shouldn't have been a review anyway.

mkx1775
06-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Ok say that let's give Cavs the benefit of the doubt and say they should have won game 1 so they are up 1-0. Just to be a devil's advocate and say what happens if they get swept or maybe even go 4-1 and lose against GS? Will fans still be crying about how Cavs got robbed of the championship? I think so. I can see it now: "Game 1 changed the momentum, if they won that they would have won the championship."

Cudacke
06-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Yeah, he was. His foot moved. But it doesn't matter because there shouldn't have been a review anyway.

It is a clear block. Review it or not.

MBisonSon
06-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Oh I get it, so you're mad they took the time out to make the right call.

MBisonSon
06-01-2018, 05:41 PM
In position / moving feet while contact was made

Choose one

Kawhilights
06-01-2018, 09:21 PM
In position / moving feet while contact was made

Choose one

Bro but the whole reason for the review was that they weren't sure if he was in the restricted area or not, but there were two official's a few feet away. It was obviously a play to get GSW the win.

biggquis
06-01-2018, 11:32 PM
It is a clear block. Review it or not.

Seems like you're just typing to see yourself type. Please, if I am wrong, correct me. The only time that play can go to review is if they can't determine if he was in the restricted zone or not. He was clearly not according to the ref who was right next to them.

Zerto
06-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Lebron was definitely in position when contact was made. Yes his right foot was moving, but the when he planted both feet into the ground the split second before, THAT establishes position. It doesn't matter if he does the stanky leg with his right foot after, he had just put himself in position.

HoustonMiscer
06-02-2018, 11:20 AM
the storyline has been put in motion. give gsw championship. lebron jame takes is talent to screwston texas. even more drama ensues next yr in wcf

midcoastking33
06-02-2018, 11:24 AM
lelate was too slow to get set defensively. literally any other player would have got an automatic blocking foul in that situation. they almost gave leemmy the call but then the refs remembered he's playing against golden state

HoustonMiscer
06-02-2018, 11:50 AM
lelate was too slow to get set defensively. literally any other player would have got an automatic blocking foul in that situation. they almost gave leemmy the call but then the refs remembered he's playing against golden state

/LeJRSMITH