PDA

View Full Version : Can you suggest some meals for my macros?

Chazza98
05-28-2018, 04:31 AM
Hi there,

I started the gym end of 2016, and up until now I have been building my knowledge from nothing to something! Have been doing it all wrong as beginners do but I'm starting to make an improvement. I have the workout plans all sorted, that is not my weakness. What my problem is, is food knowledge!

I am 19 years old

Still studying at college, also working part time

I am around 6'4, weighing at 83.3kg after a rocky bulk as I had no idea what I was doing haha. Definitely have gained some size from what I used to be, but am still not happy. Looking almost as if ive hit the plateau after my noob gains.

Keep in mind I am tall and skinny! I understand that it is impossible to avoid fat gains, but in the past from rough tracking I have easily been consuming over 100g of fat a day without knowing. Want to make sure I am hitting my numbers accurately so I do not build up belly fat in the future. (My main problem)

After re-planning my macros based on my new weight, I am aiming for:

185g protein

510g Carbs

75g Fat

3,420 Calories in total.

Now, I don't really have a problem with eating all of these calories, but what I AM finding difficult is hitting the macros needed and not going beyond.

I am asking for help as to what to eat everyday? I am not a fan of downing shakes 2-3 times a day as they make me feel sick, so I would just make one large mass gainer in addition to my daily meals.

I am from the UK so please make the suggestions based on the food & shops we have here, makes it a bit easier haha.

Also, please fill me in on the best foods to hit those carbs, protein and fats specifically. (Potatoes etc) Just trying to build my knowledge!

ironwill2008
05-28-2018, 04:48 AM
Here's plenty of meal ideas: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167996643

packer43064
05-28-2018, 08:20 AM
As far as meals I don't think anyone can help you there.

I mean I like to eat Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches (and not that fake PB or white bread ****) religiously if I need some extra protein or fats. Maybe you hate bananas.

Just go to Google search chicken meals or something and go from there. I am a huge advocate of eating whole foods, but lets be real. 3500 calories and eating some chicken and veggies and a bit of rice might be 600 calories. Yet your full AF now. Bulking is the time to eat that Digiornio pizza that has 1500 calories per half of the pizza.

formicaman
05-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Now, I don't really have a problem with eating all of these calories, but what I AM finding difficult is hitting the macros needed and not going beyond.

Also, please fill me in on the best foods to hit those carbs, protein and fats specifically. (Potatoes etc) Just trying to build my knowledge!
You need a MINIMUM 0.7 grams of protein per pound and 0.4 grams of fat per pound -- you don't need to hit those exactly.
Also, there are no "best" foods to hit your macros -- eat what you enjoy and get you fruits/veggies in and you'll be fine.