PDA

View Full Version : 2 meals a day

milliejake
05-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Hi

So something I’ve been toying with lately is eating just twice a day.
Anyone else do this and found I has improved things like digestion, energy etc?

When I eat 3-6 meals a day I find I’m just not satisfied after meals and always waiting for the next meal which isn’t fun!
But when I eat twice I can have 8oz salmon as a meal which is pretty satisfying and filling!

Anyone do this?

AdamWW
05-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Hi

So something I’ve been toying with lately is eating just twice a day.
Anyone else do this and found I has improved things like digestion, energy etc?

When I eat 3-6 meals a day I find I’m just not satisfied after meals and always waiting for the next meal which isn’t fun!
But when I eat twice I can have 8oz salmon as a meal which is pretty satisfying and filling!

Anyone do this?

8oz salmon satisfies you when eating two times a day? Are you eat like 1000 calories a day?

Personally, I eat 3 larger feeds and one snack... I wouldn't enjoy trying to cram all my calories into 2 sessions... i'd be very bloated.

daveminnich
05-21-2018, 09:29 AM
8oz salmon satisfies you when eating two times a day? Are you eat like 1000 calories a day?

Personally, I eat 3 larger feeds and one snack... I wouldn't enjoy trying to cram all my calories into 2 sessions... i'd be very bloated.

I'm along the same lines.

I eat breakfast and then I usually pack a big lunch and eat it in two sittings, then have dinner, then a snack at night after the weed munchies hit. Works well for me.

Ilikebeef
05-21-2018, 09:40 AM
I like to eat a small breakfast (200-400 cals) at around 7:30a-8a. Then starve till like 1p, then eat a medium lunch(400-600cal). At around 6p-7p I'll have a good sized dinner with most of my calories(500-900cal), then a small snack that I may or may not have depending on hunger before bed. Im in cut mode so sometimes I just skip it.
I think with 2 meals I would be hungry or bloated most of the day and that sounds unpleasant.

AdamWW
05-21-2018, 09:54 AM
I like to eat a small breakfast (200-400 cals) at around 7:30a-8a. Then starve till like 1p, then eat a medium lunch(400-600cal). At around 6p-7p I'll have a good sized dinner with most of my calories(500-900cal), then a small snack that I may or may not have depending on hunger before bed. Im in cut mode so sometimes I just skip it.
I think with 2 meals I would be hungry or bloated most of the day and that sounds unpleasant.

.....'starve'? Da fuq?

SuffolkPunch
05-21-2018, 10:12 AM
I prefer two meals a day (lunch and dinner) but I have a protein shake in the morning and pre-bed to spread my protein intake more evenly.

There is no special advantage other than convenience and preference.

AdamWW
05-21-2018, 11:05 AM
I prefer two meals a day (lunch and dinner) but I have a protein shake in the morning and pre-bed to spread my protein intake more evenly.

There is no special advantage other than convenience and preference.

I wish I could get by on a similar schedule... but 1000 calories in a single meal is a bit much for me unless it's high fat.

Small First Meal, moderate sized second meal/PWO, then a larger late lunch and larger dinner works for me. I hate feeling all full-up at work when I have to juggle meetings and walk all over.

SuffolkPunch
05-21-2018, 12:19 PM
I wish I could get by on a similar schedule... but 1000 calories in a single meal is a bit much for me unless it's high fat.

Small First Meal, moderate sized second meal/PWO, then a larger late lunch and larger dinner works for me. I hate feeling all full-up at work when I have to juggle meetings and walk all over.

My lunch is probaby closer to 800 as I have snacks here and there.

I often have a sweet if only a small one after my evening meal. It generally is highish fat, I think when I was counting accurately it averaged 90g a day

milliejake
05-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Thanks all

Yeah you’re right - trying to eat all my calories in 2 meals might make me feel a bit ill!
I’ll keep a good bit of my calories to my evening meal though as my hunger definitely takes over then! But will split the rest between 2-3 meals during the day

shmobin
05-23-2018, 10:05 AM
I prefer two meals a day (lunch and dinner) but I have a protein shake in the morning

I've been doing exactly this^ for years with no regrets.

milliejake
05-23-2018, 10:10 AM
I've been doing exactly this^ for years with no regrets.

I do hear more men than women eating this way - would love to know why! I find for me eating bigger meals means I don’t crave and then binge on junk 🤦🏻‍♀️

gym_monkey
05-23-2018, 01:13 PM
I do hear more men than women eating this way - would love to know why! I find for me eating bigger meals means I don’t crave and then binge on junk ‍♀️

I do the same thing as SuffolkPunch and shmobin out of convenience. It just fits best with my schedule. I think as long as you get your macros in for the day, it doesn't make too much of a difference.

shmobin
05-23-2018, 01:16 PM
I do hear more men than women eating this way - would love to know why! I find for me eating bigger meals means I don’t crave and then binge on junk ‍♀️

I just do it because of intermittent fasting. I'd imagine most women have never experienced trying to eat 6 times a day thus don't levitate towards something much more simple and easy to manage.