PDA

View Full Version : Check out this cool calorie counter...

crescendo
10-08-2003, 07:26 AM
http://www.nutricounter.com/

You can also buy the Palm OS version, so if you've got a PDA, you can use it on that.

Very useful.

crescendo
10-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Seriously guys, I recommend that you install this on your PDA (if you've got one), or buy it.

Its excellent at keeping track of your calories.

I just installed the free trial version on my PDA (which lasts 15 days) and I've already decided to buy the full registered version.

Phar Lap
10-08-2003, 08:20 AM
In a nutshell

What is it's advantage over fitday.com?

donescobar2000
10-08-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Phar Lap
In a nutshell

What is it's advantage over fitday.com?

You can carry it on your PDA. I find fitday not to be too accurate sometimes. I have a software the I got from Handango.com. It is called Diet and Excercise Assitant. It really rocks. Although I can still get access to Fitday on my palm. My software is faster though, i dont have to wait for Fitday to load on my PDA's browser.

crescendo
10-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Phar Lap
In a nutshell

What is it's advantage over fitday.com? Like donescobar2000 said, you can take it anywhere with your PDA.
Originally posted by donescobar2000
You can carry it on your PDA. I find fitday not to be too accurate sometimes. I have a software the I got from Handango.com. It is called Diet and Excercise Assitant. It really rocks. Although I can still get access to Fitday on my palm. My software is faster though, i dont have to wait for Fitday to load on my PDA's browser. I'll try that Diet and Exercise program.

Anyone got any other useful programs...?

donescobar2000
10-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Diet and Excercise Assitant...They also have a desktop version.

crescendo
10-08-2003, 09:12 AM
This may sound stupid, but what does Pocket PC mean...?

donescobar2000
10-08-2003, 09:13 AM
It similar to a Palm but the layout of it looks more like a PC.

crescendo
10-08-2003, 09:20 AM
It similar to a Palm but the layout of it looks more like a PC. So it basically works on your PDA right...?

I've had a PDA for 2 months, and I'm only just appreciating the full use of it now. EVERYONE GET A PDA!!! It'll be your best friend :)

donescobar2000
10-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by crescendo
So it basically works on your PDA right...?

I've had a PDA for 2 months, and I'm only just appreciating the full use of it now. EVERYONE GET A PDA!!! It'll be your best friend :) \\

No...they each have there own software. PDA software has to say Palm OS compatible.

rayk1029
10-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Both Palm and Pocket PC devices (such as iPAQ's) are PDA's (personal digital assistant). One is a device built to and runs the Palm operating system, the other is built to and runs the Microsoft Pocket PC operating system which is now called Microsoft Windows - Mobile.

Just be sure the type and version of your operating system and device match. Some of the makers of PDA software are hard to get returns out of. The Diet and Exercise Assistant is a good piece of software. Handango is the best site I have found for PDA software.

I manage a Mobile Computing user base so I had to chime in with my two cents worth.

crescendo
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Although I can still get access to Fitday on my palm.How do you get access to Fitday on your palm? Do you get access to it without any wires etc..???

donescobar2000
10-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by crescendo
How do you get access to Fitday on your palm? Do you get access to it without any wires etc..???

My palm has a browser. I have the Treo 300 by Handspring w/ Sprint service. I get unlimited wireless access to the internet with my plan.

crescendo
10-15-2003, 06:05 AM
I've tried most of the Palm OS diet softwares for their Trial periods, and Nutricounter is definately my personal favourite.
I like its simplicity, and I'll be willing to pay $39 for it.

But I tried to buy it and they won't take my details.
I e-mailed them and they said that there's nothing they can do about it.
I think its because I live in England.

Has anyone got it, or is anyone thinking about getting it cuz I would definately buy it off you...

maxm007
04-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Here's one for iPhone , I use.

http://www.magnasoftware.co.uk/ikeepfit/ikeepfit-diet-app-iphone-ipod-touch.html

IanR1205
04-28-2009, 04:44 AM
I use Loseit! It's a free app for iPhones.

I highly recommend it.