PDA

View Full Version : MJ is without a doubt a top 5 all time player

stilllmatic
05-07-2018, 08:41 PM
I don't care what anybody says...MJ is a top 5 player all time and maybe the best 2 guard to ever play (although you can make an argument for Kobe; played against better competition etc.)

Obviously guys like LeBron are above him, but you can't deny MJ is an all time player. One of a kind.

Kane_89
05-07-2018, 08:43 PM

stilllmatic
05-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Jordan played against unathletic bums. LbJ would avg 50 back then just bulldozing those low test weaklings.

Lebron would make MJ retire after locking him up via hand checks. Jordan wouldn't get passed half court. He'd be begging for Scotty to save him.

th3h4t3ful1
05-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Jordan played against unathletic bums. LbJ would avg 50 back then just bulldozing those low test weaklings.

Lebron would make MJ retire after locking him up via hand checks. Jordan wouldn't get passed half court. He'd be begging for Scotty to save him.
They could actually play defense back then...

Someone sneezes on Lebron he goes flying 10ft. He is top 10-20, but he is no Jordan

stilllmatic
05-07-2018, 08:55 PM
They could actually play defense back then...

Omfg, just STOP. I'm tired of all this bs https://mobile.twitter.com/Sp0rtsTalkJo3/status/978446550169997312

2010JW
05-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Fukin lol if you think Lebron would be doing what he's doing against the Pistons back then or players like Rodman or Ewing

HoustonMiscer
05-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Vernon Maxwell would literally break his leg on the court.

stilllmatic
05-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Fukin lol if you think Lebron would be doing what he's doing against the Pistons back then or players like Rodman or Ewing

He'd DESTROY them you moron. Wtf?! He's 6'9 280. No 1980s "athlete" is gonna stop this guy. Delusional fanboys. LbJ is the goat, face it.

Until 20 years from now when the next more enhanced genetic freak appears. It's life. Accept it. People just want to live in their fairy tails.

Hardcore_D00d
05-07-2018, 09:04 PM
1. BronBron
2. Magic
3. MJ
4. Bird
5. Bill

nn586
05-07-2018, 09:07 PM
You guys are delusional.

1. MJ

/thread

stilllmatic
05-07-2018, 09:10 PM
The question is no longer: are lebron and MJ on the same level.

The question now is: How much better than MJ is bron?

As the years go on the gap will only increase. That old bald fuk better lace his sneakers back up if he wants to stay in the debate.

Gayle1
05-07-2018, 09:12 PM
He'd DESTROY them you moron. Wtf?! He's 6'9 280. No 1980s "athlete" is gonna stop this guy. Delusional fanboys. LbJ is the goat, face it.

Until 20 years from now when the next more enhanced genetic freak appears. It's life. Accept it. People just want to live in their fairy tails.

https://i.imgur.com/fxRKe2N.jpg

wifestealer
05-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Omfg, just STOP. I'm tired of all this bs https://mobile.twitter.com/Sp0rtsTalkJo3/status/978446550169997312

i remember seeing some highlights from jordan's best playoff runs.

the teams were absolute fukking trash. the pistons were actually garbage compared to the guys today. you could leave half the players COMPLETELY wide open and they would miss half of their shots. nowadays you get insta-punished with by an uncontested corner 3.

the pace of today's game and the strength of the players is on a whole other level. if they made a time machine and put current day lebron into the 80's he would win every single year.

i think it's worth putting everything in context though, guys like maradona & pele are still talking about in the GOAT soccer player discussions when in reality they probably don't have the skills to match even a player like griezmann due to training regimens, nutrition & physiotherapy, let alone cristiano & messi.

there isn't a single impressive lockdown defender from the 80's/90's that could cope with the size of the elite wings today like LBJ/KD

FakeRabona
05-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Lmfao

MiamiLife305
05-07-2018, 10:08 PM

the teams were absolute fukking trash. the pistons were actually garbage compared to the guys today. you could leave half the players COMPLETELY wide open and they would miss half of their shots. nowadays you get insta-punished with by an uncontested corner 3.

the pace of today's game and the strength of the players is on a whole other level. if they made a time machine and put current day lebron into the 80's he would win every single year.

i think it's worth putting everything in context though, guys like maradona & pele are still talking about in the GOAT soccer player discussions when in reality they probably don't have the skills to match even a player like griezmann due to training regimens, nutrition & physiotherapy, let alone cristiano & messi.

there isn't a single impressive lockdown defender from the 80's/90's that could cope with the size of the elite wings today like LBJ/KD

lmao these

Players today are freaks compared to just 20-30 years ago

Madvillainy
05-07-2018, 10:12 PM
not quite a hall of fame player, but hall of very good for sure.

MiamiLife305
05-07-2018, 10:13 PM
not quite a hall of fame player, but hall of very good for sure.

nice bait

YesWayNoWeigh
05-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Omfg, just STOP. I'm tired of all this bs https://mobile.twitter.com/Sp0rtsTalkJo3/status/978446550169997312lol I’ve seen him before. Hilarious when he refers to them as stock brokers n shiit. 90s defense gets very overrated. And lebron is thicc I think he’d be just fine

Swept
05-07-2018, 11:09 PM
NO GM in the NBA you pick Jordan ahead of Lebron. That's all you got to know

People love to romanticize the 80s cause "hurr durr they played tough", do yourself a favor and get ESPN classics and watch some of those old games, the defense was laughable. Guys like Jordan and Wilkins were so much more athletic than anyone on the court, it looked they were playing in the YMCA against a bunch of old bums. Rudy Gay and Iguodala would average 30 ppg in the 80s dead srs

Lebron would average 35-15-12 for a career if he played in the 80s

SompletelyCober
05-07-2018, 11:15 PM
lol I’ve seen him before. Hilarious when he refers to them as stock brokers n shiit. 90s defense gets very overrated. And lebron is thicc I think he’d be just fine

I don't know whether this is better or worse than your usual of calling him Daddy.

wifestealer
05-07-2018, 11:35 PM
lol I’ve seen him before. Hilarious when he refers to them as stock brokers n shiit. 90s defense gets very overrated. And lebron is thicc I think he’d be just fine

https://media.giphy.com/media/ukGm72ZLZvYfS/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/9t6xpYZ9npJmM/giphy.gif

Assassin X
05-08-2018, 12:10 AM
3-5 and coming out of the weak ass east

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

Lebron be like

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/lebron-flop.gif?ssl=1

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 12:23 AM
FIERCE competition, BRUTAL defense.

https://twitter.com/Sp0rtsTalkJo3/status/979078903498145792

GotNext
05-08-2018, 02:33 AM

Source: Sp0rtsTalkJo3

Mkay.

AntiTroller
05-08-2018, 03:01 AM
Source: Sp0rtsTalkJo3

Mkay.

What is your point meant to prove? That those videos are fake?

Some of the videos in the thread about defenses Jordan plays against ARE IN THE FINALS.

This is the rim protector that is supposedly going to stop LeBron James if he played in the big bad 80s???

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0910/espnw_bill_laimbeer_01.jpg

https://victoryjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/lebronjames.jpeg

LMFAO! Some people need to get a grip. LeBron (and everyone else in this era) has played against 10x better competition, and if you don't think that's the case then I really don't know what to tell you.

GotNext
05-08-2018, 03:47 AM
What is your point meant to prove? That those videos are fake?

Some of the videos in the thread about defenses Jordan plays against ARE IN THE FINALS.

The point is you are a retard if you pick single POINTS IN TIME to argue the overall body of work of one Michael Jeffrey Jordan, or the environment he played in. Its not your fault that you were born too late to witness the greatest basketball player alive, but stay in yo lane, kunt.

Context-less phaggotry like this is how LeBronies make their living. That play of Jordan against Price was pointless, Price was 6'1'' and it was a meaningless regular season game. How the fuk does that prove anything, let alone weak defense?

Casuals like you don't understand or even know of all the rule changes that have been put into place to make the game more fluid to elevate the entertainment-factor. Hand-checking was banned, defensive three seconds were implemented just before LeBron got to the league, the legal defensive positions esp. forearms rules become more restrictive, and so on.

AntiTroller
05-08-2018, 03:58 AM
The point is you are a retard if you pick single POINTS IN TIME to argue the overall body of work of one Michael Jeffrey Jordan, or the environment he played in. Its not your fault that you were born too late to witness the greatest basketball player alive, but stay in yo lane, kunt.

Context-less phaggotry like this is how LeBronies make their living. That play of Jordan against Price was pointless, Price was 6'1'' and it was a meaningless regular season game. How the fuk does that prove anything, let alone weak defense?

Casuals like you don't understand or even know of all the rule changes that have been put into place to make the game more fluid to elevate the entertainment-factor. Hand-checking was banned, defensive three seconds were implemented just before LeBron got to the league, the legal defensive positions esp. forearms rules become more restrictive, and so on.

LMFAO

https://b.fssta.com/uploads/2016/12/michael-jordan-isiah-thomas.vadapt.767.high.97.jpg

https://b.fssta.com/uploads/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/NCAA-BK/images/2015/05/27/042016-Chicago-Bulls-Boston-Celtics-Michael-Jordan.vadapt.767.high.81.jpg

MJ's toughest competition in his championship years was Patrick Ewing. The dude has 43%TS AS A DOMINANT CENTRE. He would make Dwight Howard look like prime Wilt on steroids.

There are literally no defenses that Jordan had to deal with that would not get absolutely torn to shreds by today's LeBron James.

You are a verifiable retard if you honestly think LeBron would not be an absolute monster if you got to ADD physicality to his game. People really trying to pretend that LeBron benefits by being a finesse player ROFL.

The myth that the game was tougher back then is THE biggest myth perpetuated in basketball. You want to talk about hand checking being eliminated? How about playing WHEN ZONE DEFENSES WERE ILLEGAL. It was literally AGAINST THE RULES to double team someone when an iso was called.

Imagine having 4 people stacking the weak side and being on a complete island against LeBron James or Kevin Durant. These guys would literally score 40 points per game on 60%+ shooting.

You parrot bullsh*t because you don't know anything about basketball.

MBisonSon
05-08-2018, 04:08 AM
Funny I never saw Jordan blatantly duck the competitive conference, or have to leave his team to form super teams with a +1 superstar advantage over the rest of the NBA to get rings.

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 04:24 AM
LMFAO

MJ's toughest competition in his championship years was Patrick Ewing. The dude has 43%TS AS A DOMINANT CENTRE. He would make Dwight Howard look like prime Wilt on steroids.

There are literally no defenses that Jordan had to deal with that would not get absolutely torn to shreds by today's LeBron James.

You are a verifiable retard if you honestly think LeBron would not be an absolute monster if you got to ADD physicality to his game. People really trying to pretend that LeBron benefits by being a finesse player ROFL.

The myth that the game was tougher back then is THE biggest myth perpetuated in basketball. You want to talk about hand checking being eliminated? How about playing WHEN ZONE DEFENSES WERE ILLEGAL. It was literally AGAINST THE RULES to double team someone when an iso was called.

Imagine having 4 people stacking the weak side and being on a complete island against LeBron James or Kevin Durant. These guys would literally score 40 points per game on 60%+ shooting.

You parrot bullsh*t because you don't know anything about basketball.

No lies told.

Flabby old-timers like GotNext love to glorify their "golden days", but the fact is give someone like Rudy Gay a time machine and we'd be probably be talking about him as one of the GOATs.

AntiTroller
05-08-2018, 04:29 AM
Funny I never saw Jordan blatantly duck the competitive conference, or have to leave his team to form super teams with a +1 superstar advantage over the rest of the NBA to get rings.

BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN AN EXPANSION ERA, you dimwitted fuk. There WAS no competitive conference. The league was so watered down that there wasn't even any comparable talent to today. MJ's biggest rival in the east

And he didn't leave to form any, he just recruited for it. 1-9 without Scottie.

It takes 4 HoFers in their PRIME to beat LeBron, one of which is going to be a fellow Top 10 ATG, and another is the best shooter in the history of the NBA.

Meanwhile, this was MJ's competition in the playoffs were ex-grocery baggers and aspiring News Anchors LMFAO.

Get a fukking grip dude. There is nothing MJ can do on the basketball court that LeBron can't. He deserves his GOAT status because he did it first, and he was an athletic freak ahead of his time, just like Wilt was. That's it. Still the greatest, but in today's world you have old guys like Laimbeer, Doc Rivers etc. say LeBron is better now. That's how close the discussion is.

Btw, your coattail-riding rapist is nothing but a distant comparison now. How does that make you feel?

MBisonSon
05-08-2018, 04:35 AM
Somebody's mad

AntiTroller
05-08-2018, 04:43 AM
No lies told.

All that doesn't even scratch the fact that Jordan ducked the strong competition ENTIRELY by "retiring" for 18 months. Went 1-1 against young Shaq. Didn't have to beat Hakeem.

So his Finals adversaries were:

1) an HIV positive Magic leading an ancient Lakers squad
2) Clyde Drexler and scrubs. Imagine if LeBron got to play against Houston the first year Harden was with the Rockets LMAO
3) Charles Barkley - and he needed Paxson to hit the game winning 3 for him (sound familiar?). Equivalent of the KG-led TWolves, if not worse.
4) Good win against a strong Sonics team
5) Guarded by Hornacek (see pic below)
6) As above, and needed a blatant no-call on an offensive foul in G6 to win.

The "GOAT" level defense of the 90s in the Finals
https://33.media.tumblr.com/d1ee231f292a5ed7c9665c92c3560718/tumblr_n5ztqgaoMm1svefdfo1_400.gif

If you think this is a one-off clip, you clearly haven't seen that series.

AntiTroller
05-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Somebody's mad

Yeah, I posted facts and I'm mad :rolleyes:

You tried to be clever but you're on the incorrect side of an argument. MJ didn't duck a competitive conference, he ducked the entire f*cking league. He ran away from Shaq. He ran away from Hakeem. He got a season and a half of rest.

And is that the narrative now? If you put LeBron on any team in the west, it's him "stacking teams". If he stays "LEASTERN conference!!!"

So which one is it, or will you not respond because you got absolutely clowned-on, buffoon?

RiceBrah93
05-08-2018, 06:00 AM
Kobe > MJ

Koko actually won with a different team full of role players. MJ couldn't win without Pip

John_Connor
05-08-2018, 06:08 AM
lebron isnt even better than kobe,let alone jordan.

RiceBrah93
05-08-2018, 06:12 AM

Or should I say LeBronto? Hahaha

niospecv
05-08-2018, 06:20 AM

You're a tool.

Rodman would make Lebron his little bitch.

True story.

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. 280lbs? Really. Do us all a favor and never leave your mother's basement and LDAR.

You guys are delusional.

1. MJ

/thread

#truth

niospecv
05-08-2018, 06:21 AM
Kobe > MJ

Koko actually won with a different team full of role players. MJ couldn't win without Pip

What? Kobe aka rapist couldn't win without Shaq and Pau Gasol. Stop being a phaggot.

MJ>Lebron>Kobe

MJ>Lebron>Kobe

Mortar34
05-08-2018, 06:23 AM

You misspelled Charles Oakley

GotNext
05-08-2018, 06:38 AM
No lies told.

Flabby old-timers like GotNext love to glorify their "golden days", but the fact is give someone like Rudy Gay a time machine and we'd be probably be talking about him as one of the GOATs.

You actually said "but the fact is" and followed up with a time-travel hypothesis?

Lay off the Tide pods. Millenials getting more retarded by the minute.

MBisonSon
05-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Jordan couldn't win without Pippen.

LeBron was more than free to join another franchise player or court one via free agency.

Instead he colluded to join not 1 but 2 franchise players, and still managed to compile a losing finals record.

Jordan = 6-0 in finals with as many franchise players on his team as the rest of the league.

Lebron = 3-5 with more franchise players on his team than the rest of the league.

Jordan = 6 finals MVP's

LeBron = Bail me out Kyrie, I'm scared to shoot in the clutch, I can only take over when we're beating up on inferior teams.

If LePathofLeastResistance was as great as you claim he wouldn't need the entire deck stacked in his favor to only be 3-5 in finals.

stilllmatic
05-08-2018, 08:09 AM
A lot of people talk down Jordan, but what they don't realize is he was a TRANSCENDENT player. His skills translate into any generation. In today's NBA Jordan would be an derozan type player. Pretty special for a guy from a genetically inferior generation to be able to come into the league today and still be an all star.

LeonardShelby
05-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Well this would be called a foul today because the guy is within a foot of MJ.

So his Finals adversaries were:

3) Charles Barkley - and he needed Paxson to hit the game winning 3 for him (sound familiar?).

Yeah this would make sense if the Bulls didn't win in 6 you fukkin dolt.

sammywatkins
05-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Why do people act like Jordan played in the 1700s. A year before LeBron came in the league MJ averaged 20 a game with the wizards. And that was at 39 years old

SompletelyCober
05-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Their hero is literally about to go 3 for 9 in the finals and his greatest accomplishment is stacking his teams and beating up on an absolutely terrible conference his entire career, then getting embarrassed year after year vs the only real team he ever has to play.

And this reality is sinking in so they're spamming how great he is by crushing sh!t East teams and trying to compare him to true greats like Jordan, Kareem, Magic with much greater accomplishments lmao

LeBron is great but he's in that Hakeem tier brehs. Great player but hasn't done enough to be mentioned in the top 5. Keep telling us what ESPN ranks him. Maybe next you'll tell us what CNN and Don Lemon told us to think about race relations in America and where they ranked Malcolm X.

dtbrehm
05-08-2018, 09:01 AM
If LePathofLeastResistance was as great as you claim he wouldn't need the entire deck stacked in his favor to only be 3-5 in finals.

I'm not sure how only being favored in 2/8 finals is having the "entire deck stacked in his favor". If that were really the case, they'd easily be favorites every match-up like GS with KD.

GotNext
05-08-2018, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure how only being favored in 2/8 finals is having the "entire deck stacked in his favor". If that were really the case, they'd easily be favorites every match-up like GS with KD.

Did I miss a memo? Are we now pretending that an easy road to the Finals does not help your chances?

orderoutofchaos
05-08-2018, 09:09 AM
The LeBron of right now is on mj level. It's pure killer instinct, next level domination. But LeBron prior to raptors series is submissive to jordan.....something happened. I believe it was a gut check of getting slaughtered by the pacers that infuriated LeBron to just go super saiyan. LeBron is creating impressive theatrics right now and I've dogged him for years for the lack of theatrics. I would always say Jordan put on a real show like it was theater and LeBron is just flops, free throws and shying away from big moments..but right now LeBron is running that theatrics game beautifully!!

Belome
05-08-2018, 09:28 AM
LeBron = Bail me out Kyrie, I'm scared to shoot in the clutch, I can only take over when we're beating up on inferior teams..

LeBron James is one of the clutchest players in NBA history.

He’s somthing like 10-3 in win or go home games

He is literally the best Game 7 player... ever.

Look up game winning playoff buzzer beaters compared to MJ or Kobe and just sit down.

TaeBoNinja
05-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Top 5 ever in no particular order:

MJ
Kobe
Kareem
Magic
Russell

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Lol at your abysmal basketball IQ. Athleticism has increased but fundamentals have decreased. If LBJ ran into the Bad Boy Pistons in the 90s he would mentally crumble after 1 game. They'd throw his flopping ass to the ground every time he thought about going in the paint.

bpatel82
05-08-2018, 09:43 AM
This is the cope thread to deal with 3/9 record.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 10:01 AM

a near 40 year old Tim Duncan with his old teammates was still able to make the prime lebron quit on the court.
yet Jordan was able to average 22 with a bad knee at 40 in the era where tim duncan was at his best.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 10:05 AM
LeBron James is one of the clutchest players in NBA history.

He’s somthing like 10-3 in win or go home games

He is literally the best Game 7 player... ever.

Look up game winning playoff buzzer beaters compared to MJ or Kobe and just sit down.

yea. Jordan was never in Win or go home situation in the finals..... his killer instinct won't let that happen in the finals.
look up games you will know it already.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Why do people act like Jordan played in the 1700s. A year before LeBron came in the league MJ averaged 20 a game with the wizards. And that was at 39 years old

they are too young to know about it.....

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 10:12 AM
a near 40 year old Tim Duncan with his old teammates was still able to make the prime lebron quit on the court.
yet Jordan was able to average 22 with a bad knee at 40 in the era where tim duncan was at his best.

Jordan dropped 63 in his 2nd year vs. the 86 Celtics who won 67 games and eventually the championship. Averaged like 44 for the series vs an all time great team. Greatness.

apUd2Uarw1E

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Lol at your abysmal basketball IQ. Athleticism has increased but fundamentals have decreased. If LBJ ran into the Bad Boy Pistons in the 90s he would mentally crumble after 1 game. They'd throw his flopping ass to the ground every time he thought about going in the paint.

Reckon he'd cry to the media about it like MJ?

Could he just wait until after their prime to beat them like MJ?

dtbrehm
05-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Did I miss a memo? Are we now pretending that an easy road to the Finals does not help your chances?

Yes it would always help if you assume the finals opponent is equal strength in every case, but this is obviously not true. Being a slight favorite with HCA in every round (like the '09/'10 Lakers) can easily give better overall odds than three cakewalks while being being a huge underdog without HCA in the finals ('16/'17 Cavs). Depends on how you want to weigh each series.

Either way, my point was just that if you're facing a team better than yours at any point, you clearly don't have everything stacked in your favor.

AriGhold
05-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Their hero is literally about to go 3 for 9 in the finals and his greatest accomplishment is stacking his teams and beating up on an absolutely terrible conference his entire career, then getting embarrassed year after year vs the only real team he ever has to play.

And this reality is sinking in so they're spamming how great he is by crushing sh!t East teams and trying to compare him to true greats like Jordan, Kareem, Magic with much greater accomplishments lmao

LeBron is great but he's in that Hakeem tier brehs. Great player but hasn't done enough to be mentioned in the top 5. Keep telling us what ESPN ranks him. Maybe next you'll tell us what CNN and Don Lemon told us to think about race relations in America and where they ranked Malcolm X.

How quickly you go from “the raptors are good enough to beat the Cavs” to “the east is absolute trash and it’s a cakewalk for the cavs”

Don’t you get dizzy?

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Do you really need someone to remind you how easy it's been for the Warriors to get to the Finals the last three years?

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Could he just wait until after their prime to beat them like MJ?

This is ironic coming from the LeMentally weak fan. Jordan overcame adversity and beat the Pistons in 91. Detroit was so salty that they walked off the court with 8 seconds left. The first true struggle of LBJ's career lead to him abandoning ship and his home state to join two super stars. One who is undoubtedly better than anyone Jordan played alongside of. I also recall Cavs fans burning LBJs jersey when he left. Just fkn lol.

But perhaps after a rough first few years in the playoffs he could have just joined Hakeen or Houston, or Malone and Stockton in Utah. Took the easy way out like Le3for8. What's golden is that KD to GS is a direct resultant of LBJ cowardly choices. Surely he didn't think the NBA would just sit around and watch as he picked and chose who he wanted to play with.

He will never win another championship.

AriGhold
05-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Do you really need someone to remind you how easy it's been for the Warriors to get to the Finals the last three years?

No, the West is tough even tho the warriors have steamrolled through. The east is a cakewalk doe!!!

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 10:37 AM

Didn't the Thunder take them to 7 the year before KDs departure?

Yes, yes they did.

SompletelyCober
05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
How quickly you go from “the raptors are good enough to beat the Cavs” to “the east is absolute trash and it’s a cakewalk for the cavs”

Don’t you get dizzy?

How quickly you resort to lies because you're self admittedly new to basketball and a bit lost. I stated over and over again Cavs win 4-2 because Raps are led by beta males who don't think they can beat LeBron. It was even worse than that.

We await your next quality post on the topic of the NBA.

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 10:48 AM
This is ironic coming from the LeMentally weak fan. Jordan overcame adversity and beat the Pistons in 91. Detroit was so salty that they walked off the court with 8 seconds left. The first true struggle of LBJ's career lead to him abandoning ship and his home state to join two super stars. One who is undoubtedly better than anyone Jordan played alongside of. I also recall Cavs fans burning LBJs jersey when he left. Just fkn lol.

But perhaps after a rough first few years in the playoffs he could have just joined Hakeen or Houston, or Malone and Stockton in Utah. Took the easy way out like Le3for8. What's golden is that KD to GS is a direct resultant of LBJ cowardly choices. Surely he didn't think the NBA would just sit around and watch as he picked and chose who he wanted to play with.

He will never win another championship.

So it would have been better if LeBron kept losing to the best team in the league until they got old and his team gave him a HoF teammate and the GOAT coach, got it.

Didn't the Thunder take them to 7 the year before KDs departure?

Yes, yes they did.

Correct, they had one tough series in three years and then went on to lose to the Cavs.

DA_MOSS
05-08-2018, 10:53 AM
So it would have been better if LeBron kept losing to the best team in the league until they got old and his team gave him a HoF teammate and the GOAT coach, got it.

What HOF did Jordan team up with?

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Correct, they had one tough series in three years and then went on to lose to the Cavs.

So it went from let me remind how you easy it was to oh yeah I'm a ****ing idiot, the Thunder almost beat them.

Lol @ defending LeBron leaving Cleveland. He brought more championships to Miami than he has to Cleveland, not sure you why Cavs fans are so quick to slob on the mans knob.

MJ never lost in the finals with a HoF teammate. Facts. Let alone get embarrassed by the Mavericks.

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 11:13 AM
So it went from let me remind how you easy it was to oh yeah I'm a ****ing idiot, the Thunder almost beat them.

Lol @ defending LeBron leaving Cleveland. He brought more championships to Miami than he has to Cleveland, not sure you why Cavs fans are so quick to slob on the mans knob.

MJ never lost in the finals with a HoF teammate. Facts. Let alone get embarrassed by the Mavericks.

Because one tough series in three years isn't impressive, they literally swept the Conference last season.

Where did I defend his move? I'm asking you would it have been better if he kept losing to the best team in the league until they declined? Who did a better job of surrounding their star in talent, the Bulls or the Cavs?

tekkenbruh
05-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Jordan > Bron

That said

So which team is not "the real team"? Celtics with their big 3, 2 of which will end up in HOF? Or Spurs with 4 HOFers? Or maybe Warriors with their video game lineup? Which one is it?

Funny how out of 8 finals, Lebron's team has been a favorite in only 2, yet he apparently never played against a "real team" bar one. Whatever fits the narrative spin I guess. But you do you, I'm gonna enjoy watching a generational player while you keep spitting vitriol and apparently follow him closer than whichever guy you call king or daddy at the moment

sammywatkins
05-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Because one tough series in three years isn't impressive, they literally swept the Conference last season.

Where did I defend his move? I'm asking you would it have been better if he kept losing to the best team in the league until they declined? Who did a better job of surrounding their star in talent, the Bulls or the Cavs?
The Cavs you dumb fukk. But LeBron tried to change Loves position. Had a top tier PG who couldn't stay his terrible personality. And streaky 6th man of the Year who was never allowed to get into a rhythm. All at the same damn time

mvpshaq32
05-08-2018, 12:49 PM

lmao Lebronies still think the Cavs had a tougher path to the Finals than the Warriors in the past 3 years

did you guys realize sweeping a team with an All-NBA 1st team player and generational talent is easier than needing 5 games to beat a <0.500 team with no All-Stars?

GotNext
05-08-2018, 12:49 PM

No, but we were not discussing the Warriors. So why the whataboutism? Also its only been the last 2 years really, mostly because of Kawhi's absence.

stilllmatic
05-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Kawhi would baptize balden

Steph would even beat him in golf

Kd would shoot over him all day

And these 4 guys bow down to bron

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 01:43 PM
The Cavs you dumb fukk. But LeBron tried to change Loves position. Had a top tier PG who couldn't stay his terrible personality. And streaky 6th man of the Year who was never allowed to get into a rhythm. All at the same damn time

Reading comprehension, not even once.

lmao Lebronies still think the Cavs had a tougher path to the Finals than the Warriors in the past 3 years

Where did I, or anyone, say that?

No, but we were not discussing the Warriors. So why the whataboutism? Also its only been the last 2 years really, mostly because of Kawhi's absence.

Your point was that the Cavs weren't worn down by their Conference, right? Does that not apply to their competition?

In 2016 the Warriors faced injury hit teams throughout the Playoffs.

wifestealer
05-08-2018, 01:57 PM

yeah and they were dead last in the division and it was only his 15th total season. what's your point?

when lebron is in his 18th season he will still be competing for championships, not making a glorified cameo on a lottery team.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 02:52 PM

Don’t you get dizzy?

The best from the east which is only one team lost to three different teams from the west and had a losing record against the west teams for the last seven years.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 03:00 PM

both the coach and teammate are not HOF beofre they get the rings with Jordan.
They are both pretty much newbie at their perspective jobs until they are teamed with Jordan who is already the MVP and DPOY.

However, you can say Kobe and O'neal had HOF coach drop on them since then that coach did then have two three peat and 6 rings as a coach.

Cudacke
05-08-2018, 03:04 PM
yeah and they were dead last in the division and it was only his 15th total season. what's your point?

when lebron is in his 18th season he will still be competing for championships, not making a glorified cameo on a lottery team.

of course, it is not like Jordan would join the Lakers at the time to win a ring like Lebron would now days.

eod8989
05-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Jordan would average at least 40 ppg in today's game since they don't play defense. He averaged 20 ppg in 37 minutes all while phoning it in at age 40 in 2003. An old man averaging 20 ppg, imagine what he would do today in his 20s? Brb getting 5 more ppg alone just on free throws because everything is a foul. Nobody would be able to defend Jordan's killer instinct inside the paint and he would always be at the line. Lebron is beast but Jordan was pure dominance. You could not stop him.

LeonardShelby
05-08-2018, 03:37 PM

100% considering he cries after every game about not getting enough free throws in this soft ass era, calls out his teammates to the media, insults the fans because they laugh at him for choking against the Mavs. There's no one of that cries to the media more than LeBron in the history of the game. In that sense I guess he's at least the GOAT at something.

wifestealer
05-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Jordan would average at least 40 ppg in today's game since they don't play defense. He averaged 20 ppg in 37 minutes all while phoning it in at age 40 in 2003. An old man averaging 20 ppg, imagine what he would do today in his 20s? Brb getting 5 more ppg alone just on free throws because everything is a foul. Nobody would be able to defend Jordan's killer instinct inside the paint and he would always be at the line. Lebron is beast but Jordan was pure dominance. You could not stop him.

oh look, another fool thinking they played better defense in the 80s and 90s than today. name one of these lockdown defenders would would stop lebron man-on-man, since zone defenses were completely illegal (y'know, the only scheme that has ever worked against him)?

lebron & KD would be dominant in any era.

jordan's killer instinct made him quit the league and duck the only threat in the east. he went 1-1 against shaq and took another year off to re-energise.

game 6, down 3-2 against the magic and "the undisputed GOAT" goes: 24pts on 8/19 shooting, 6 turnovers with the 2nd lowest ORTG on the team, and lowest DRTG.

but this counts as a POSITIVE because he's SIX FOR SIX!!! lebron would be castrated by the mob for such a sh*t showing (this game took place at home as well).

y'all dumb. y'all real dumb.

the comparisons between the two are close. there isn't a single BASKETBALL SKILL BASED argument that puts MJ clearly above lebron. just SIX FOR SIX in a league that literally went through a 4 team expansion and had the #1 superstar literally get AIDS hahahahahahaha

Shortstop36
05-08-2018, 04:07 PM
since when is this a hot take?

reddanak
05-08-2018, 04:12 PM

He wouldn't be near as big as he is back then. Just sayin'

DefensiveEnd896
05-08-2018, 04:14 PM
LeBron facts

- 3-4 finals record
-had to switch teams and team up with superstars to win championships
- averaged 17 ppg in the FINALS against the Mavericks
- got embarrassed by the Spurs in the FINALS in 2014
- last year against the Warriors in the FINALS Durant outscored him and in generally played pretty much just as well as LeBron
- Is more than likely going to lose again in this years finals. 3-5 Finals record here we come!
- is not as good of a defensive player as MJ. LeBron has not made the All-Defense Team in years

2mXKuD1Y32Q

you want to tell me this guy is better than MJ?

Also all the comments about 90s bball sucked. How do you know? You are all 20-something... Probably never watched a full MJ/90s bball game in your life.

LeonardShelby
05-08-2018, 04:30 PM
the comparisons between the two are close. there isn't a single BASKETBALL SKILL BASED argument that puts MJ clearly above lebron. just SIX FOR SIX in a league that literally went through a 4 team expansion and had the #1 superstar literally get AIDS hahahahahahaha

Uh wut?

How about having more MVPs

more finals MVPs

averaging more points per game

being a better rebounder because he averaged more of the rebounds that matter (offensive) than LeBron who piles his stat numbers with uncontested defensive rebounds

like 9 more scoring titles

a DPOY and being a way better defender in general

and he's probably even a better passer he just didn't do it as much since he's the best scorer in the history of the game so why would he give it to others to score, not to mention playing in a system that didn't have him hold the ball 90% of the time like LeBron

You know what MJ averaged when he was the primary ball handler? How about 32/8/8?

Anything LeBron could do Jordan could do better...well except lose in the finals I guess.

What were you saying again about not a single skill based argument? Go back to watching Rugby or Australian Football or whatever they watch in NZ.

bezarker
05-08-2018, 04:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TKsWEuE.png

This is how some of you motherfukers are gonna remember lecramps james...

DaBest12
05-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Not sure how you can say that unless Lebron is going to form another super team. He ain't competing this year. He's not good enough to beat the Warriors or the rockets or probably a couple other teams in the West, considering how much difficulty he had getting by the Pacers..

AriGhold
05-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Not sure how you can say that unless Lebron is going to form another super team. He ain't competing this year. He's not good enough to beat the Warriors or the rockets or probably a couple other teams in the West, considering how much difficulty he had getting by the Pacers..

Why do you say he when lebron has been the best player in the playoffs this year?

dyee4613
05-08-2018, 05:34 PM

This just in. "All time great team makes non-all time great teams look bad"

TMaC828
05-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Can I get tomorrow's winning lottery numbers as well brah?

Thanks.

Blueblob
05-08-2018, 06:34 PM
ded

stilllmatic
05-08-2018, 09:14 PM
lol at all the hate from morons who probably believed in santa clause until they were 16.

"hurr durr mj is the greatest of all time and will be forever!"

face it, he's been passed up.

LeBron is bigger, faster, stronger, better basketball iq. He is a better rebounder, passer, shooter, has a better handle, better court vision. Liked more by his peers and teammates. Respected more off the court. Played against better competition. I can go on forever...

Mj went bald first that's all he can claim.

LeonardShelby
05-08-2018, 09:39 PM
lol at all the hate from morons who probably believed in santa clause until they were 16.

"hurr durr mj is the greatest of all time and will be forever!"

face it, he's been passed up.

LeBron is bigger, faster, stronger, better basketball iq. He is a better rebounder, passer, shooter, has a better handle, better court vision. Liked more by his peers and teammates. Respected more off the court. Played against better competition. I can go on forever...

Mj went bald first that's all he can claim.

The sad thing is LeBron is bigger and is still a worse rebounder lol (averages less Offensive rebounds than MJ). Sad!

FakeRabona
05-08-2018, 11:27 PM
This just in. "All time great team makes non-all time great teams look bad"

Good job keeping up.

MBisonSon
05-09-2018, 04:29 AM

He could have joined any other superstar and that would have = Jordan/Pippen.

Instead he joined 2 superstars, and still has a decisively losing record in the finals.

That gave him a 1 superstar advantage over what like 30/32 NBA teams?

And yet you have the BALLS to compare him to the GOAT with a 6-0 finals record?

Who only had Pippen, not Pippen and Malone or whoever else.

SMH

sammywatkins
05-09-2018, 04:35 AM

Instead he joined 2 superstars, and still has a decisively losing record in the finals.

SMH
Not only that but his fans complain that it's still not enough. No player has ever had as much help as LeBron (maybe bird in 80s) and they still want more

AntiTroller
05-09-2018, 04:44 AM

SMH

This dude thinks there are 32 teams in the NBA, and expects us to take his opinions seriously.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

SpartacusNYC
05-09-2018, 04:52 AM
oh look, another fool thinking they played better defense in the 80s and 90s than today. name one of these lockdown defenders would would stop lebron man-on-man, since zone defenses were completely illegal (y'know, the only scheme that has ever worked against him)?

Jordan routinely faced the zone.

AwVMMrApFBs

niospecv
05-09-2018, 05:59 AM

Don't bother arguing with that phaggot. I already negged him for his stupidity. You should follow suit as well if you haven't already done so.

tekkenbruh
05-09-2018, 06:05 AM

SMH

I'm a Jordan stan but you have to be out of your fuking mind if you think he "only had Pippen". Who was Grant, who was Rodman, who was Kukoc, who was Longley, who was Kerr.

brb claiming that Bulls weren't stacked as **** for the NBA at the day, just lol

sammywatkins
05-09-2018, 06:15 AM
I'm a Jordan stan but you have to be out of your fuking mind if you think he "only had Pippen". Who was Grant, who was Rodman, who was Kukoc, who was Longley, who was Kerr.

brb claiming that Bulls weren't stacked as **** for the NBA at the day, just lol
Horace Grant made 1 all star game. We gonna say mo Williams was great too? Kerr sucked. So did longley. Rodman was solid. Kukoc was respectable.

SpartacusNYC
05-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Horace Grant made 1 all star game. We gonna say mo Williams was great too? Kerr sucked. So did longley. Rodman was solid. Kukoc was respectable.

Steve Kerr was a tremendous role player for them, couldn't create, but look up his numbers from deep (eFG% from '94-'98 rivals Steph Curry.) He was tremendous in that system for MJ/Scottie to drive-and-kick. Horace was a very good player, regardless of how many All-Star teams he made.

tekkenbruh
05-09-2018, 06:25 AM

tfw Jordan's Bulls are now mediocre, k den

sammywatkins
05-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Steve Kerr was a tremendous role player for them, couldn't create, but look up his numbers from deep (eFG% from '94-'98 rivals Steph Curry.) He was tremendous in that system for MJ/Scottie to drive-and-kick. Horace was a very good player, regardless of how many All-Star teams he made.
He averaged 8 points a game. Factoring in defense you can make the case Shane battier was more integral to the success of the heat

FakeRabona
05-09-2018, 07:36 AM

Lol, didn't you know? The Bulls won a whole 2 less games after prime MJ left them.

nikonD70s
05-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Lol, didn't you know? The Bulls won a whole 2 less games after prime MJ left them.

how many rings they won after he left them?

AriGhold
05-09-2018, 08:00 AM

Lol

RiceBrah93
05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
What? Kobe aka rapist couldn't win without Shaq and Pau Gasol. Stop being a phaggot.

MJ>Lebron>Kobe

MJ>Lebron>Kobe

Kobe made Pau into a superstar, Pau only had one All Star prior to joining the Lakers, as soon as he joined Kobe he gained 5 more All Stars.

sooby
05-09-2018, 10:21 AM
just lol at this thread

potatoes everywhere, not even the idaho kind

GotNext
05-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Your point was that the Cavs weren't worn down by their Conference, right? Does that not apply to their competition?

In 2016 the Warriors faced injury hit teams throughout the Playoffs.

It does, but one is happenstance, the other is systematic.

MBisonSon
05-09-2018, 01:20 PM

None of those guys were franchise caliber players.

Some wouldn't be starters.

The fact you even bring up Luc Longley?

The guy averaged less than 7 PPG for most of his career.

tekkenbruh
05-09-2018, 01:34 PM
None of those guys were franchise caliber players.

Some wouldn't be starters.

The fact you even bring up Luc Longley?

The guy averaged less than 7 PPG for most of his career.

Warriors have 2 franchise players yet they are stacked because other players (2 of which are All-Stars) and their skills are a perfect fit. Same thing with Bulls. Not too hard to grasp I hope? Unless you want to tell me that you can't consider a team to be "super" unless they have 3+ max players? Fuking lol. Don't reproduce

MBisonSon
05-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Warriors have 2 franchise players yet they are stacked because other players (2 of which are All-Stars) and their skills are a perfect fit. Same thing with Bulls. Not too hard to grasp I hope? Unless you want to tell me that you can't consider a team to be "super" unless they have 3+ max players? Fuking lol. Don't reproduce

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-24-2015/Ee5SkN.gif

tekkenbruh
05-09-2018, 02:13 PM
[img]https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-24-2015/Ee5SkN.gif[img]

Yup, I figured that's about the best "argument" you can come up with

MBisonSon
05-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Yup, I figured that's about the best "argument" you can come up with

I just don't feel the need to argue with somebody who thinks Luc Longley was an integral part to the Bulls dynasty.

Might as well have brought up Jud Beuchler and Jack Haley while you were at it.

LeonardShelby
05-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Well let's look at some actual stats instead of your opinion on the matter

https://i.imgur.com/YunffKv.png

Oh look Jordan's teammates weren't actually that good in the first 3 peat

WOW

Wow LeBron must always have superteams then considering every team he's played on has been tailored to him dominating the ball and kicking out to shooters. Guess these Cavs have no excuse losing the title this year since they're a superteam.

TMaC828
05-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Yeah Grant was a powerhouse. 11 points per game in his career. If we're naming him, we should include Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier and essential parts of LeBron's championships in Miami. Jordan had Pippen. Rodman joined the Bulls AFTER their first three peat. The rest of the players were replaceable role players.

Wade > Pippen

tekkenbruh
05-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Well let's look at some actual stats instead of your opinion on the matter

[img]https://i.imgur.com/YunffKv.png[img]

Oh look Jordan's teammates weren't actually that good in the first 3 peat

WOW

Wow LeBron must always have superteams then considering every team he's played on has been tailored to him dominating the ball and kicking out to shooters. Guess these Cavs have no excuse losing the title this year since they're a superteam.

And for the 2nd 3peat, they were right at the top. I just can't believe that you and some of the other posters are trying to spin the narrative that Bulls were anything short of a top3 team ever, at least for the 2nd 3peat. I agree about their first run, they weren't great and it was essentially Jordan/Pippen doing work.

Also funny how for "every team Lebron has played on", his supporting cast is twice in the bottom 3. 3 times in bottom 10. In case you haven't noticed I'm not saying he doesn't have any help. I'm not some blind idiot stan like you seem to think I am. He's had plenty of help trough his career. The opponents were simply better or he choked (credit to Mavs for defending Bron well in 2011 but overall, he crumbled and whoever denies it is a blind stan).

Speaking of shooters and team being tailored to him, thow many wide open shots were bricked vs Indiana? How many games it took for a single Cavs player not named Lebron to score 20 in these playoffs? How many games it took to score 20 in regulation? This drive/kick is a hit or miss depending on who's on the perimeter. Spurs/Warriors kind of ball movement will always be superior.

Yeah Grant was a powerhouse. 11 points per game in his career. If we're naming him, we should include Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier and essential parts of LeBron's championships in Miami. Jordan had Pippen. Rodman joined the Bulls AFTER their first three peat. The rest of the players were replaceable role players.

Wade > Pippen

So how about that ban bet bruh?

FakeRabona
05-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Shameful the lengths MJ stans will go to to discredit his teammates.

They were two games off the 1 seed and one terrible call away from the Conference Finals without him.

kel_varnsen
05-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Strong troll.

Kawhilights
05-10-2018, 06:11 AM

lmfao this is gold
"off duty mall cop"
"former garbage man"

Kawhilights
05-10-2018, 06:22 AM
He averaged 8 points a game. Factoring in defense you can make the case Shane battier was more integral to the success of the heat

Fook Shane Battier. After ugly Allen forced game 7 in 2013 Battier went 6/8 from 3 point. Nobody even mentions this, ever, but that boring fool was a major reason Miami took out my Spurs.