PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a strange problem on macros counting

KernV
05-05-2018, 08:21 AM
This is the first time i'm posting, so i'm sorry if i am doing sothing wrong.
i'm 5'9"/187lbs
Well, since I started counting my macros, i've had this strange problem: I can't put less than 220g of protein per day. I know this may sound retarded, but i literally feel confortable eating more than 500g of cooked chicken breast per day plus lots of milk. (I do use whey, but only 15g/day on a homemade hypercaloric).

*Okay, man, but what's your problem?*

Now i'm trying to get into a cutting diet, so I tried upping my protein intake. o hell it reached 298gr and probably half of it is going straight under my skin.
the question is: Is it prejudicial? should I REALLY make my way down to ~200gr? (I feel like i'm eating too little just by thinking about this).

I used MyFitnessPal on the macro counting, so I guess it is right.
My current macros:
3074Kcal. 293Carbs. 73Fat. 298Protein.

gbullock32
05-05-2018, 09:10 AM
You only need .7g of protein per pound; more is fine but not needed. You do not need or even benefit from that much protein.

KernV
05-05-2018, 09:25 AM
You only need .7g of protein per pound; more is fine but not needed. You do not need or even benefit from that much protein.
But is it bad? If I replace 100g of protein with carbs and fat, will I see more results?

gbullock32
05-05-2018, 09:27 AM
But is it bad? If I replace 100g of protein with carbs and fat, will I see more results?

Assuming total calories are the same, not likely; as I said, more than the minimum is fine, you just don't need that much. If you enjoy having such a high protein intake than you can.