PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your stomach flat throughout the day?

peelsa
04-30-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm vegan and eat 6 small meals a day. When I wake up in the morning my stomach is completely flat and I like my morning shape, but even if I drink my morning protein shake (285 calories), I get a little puffed out! I eat 1200 cal a day and lift and do cardio 5x a week.

I have an event coming up where I'm going to be wearing things like mesh bodysuits, bra and panty sets, etc. so I can't wear spanx or whatever...there's no way I could hide anything. I still wanna eat throughout the day (and still get enough protein lol) and kinda have to with the extracurricular activities involved in the event. No good roll ever came with an empty stomach.

d2mini
04-30-2018, 02:42 PM
Don't eat or drink.

Plateauplower
04-30-2018, 02:50 PM
If you are running around in lingerie, and people are looking at your stomach someone is doing something wrong.

peelsa
04-30-2018, 03:03 PM
If you are running around in lingerie, and people are looking at your stomach someone is doing something wrong.

i have no tits

Plateauplower
04-30-2018, 04:01 PM
i have no tits

Well then, I guess you just draw a big smiley face on your stomach in marker, or vertical stripes could work too, they are “slimming”.

Don’t eat bulky high fiber or gas inducing foods that day if srs.

rhadam
04-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Limit CHO intake, drink plenty of water, eat/drink easily digestible foods, maybe eat less than you normally would but make the meals protein-centric.

ErikTheElectric
04-30-2018, 08:24 PM
i have no tits

lol.

I'd say opt for smaller meals and limit your carbs.

I want to ask what you do for a living, but then again.. I feel like I already know.

allrnder
04-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Do what I do. and hold it in everytime you are around people and just being a fat guy who loves fast food and drinking lots of beer

peelsa
04-30-2018, 08:35 PM
lol.

I'd say opt for smaller meals and limit your carbs.

I want to ask what you do for a living, but then again.. I feel like I already know.

Y'all are always wilin in these threads lol. I'm going to EDC but I don't wanna have to be sucking my stomach in for pictures cause I'm really not about that life...Also don't wanna starve myself cause...what i look like smh

peelsa
04-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Do what I do. and hold it in everytime you are around people and just being a fat guy who loves fast food and drinking lots of beer

Omg I'd have to hold it in for 5 hours straight I just wanna do hoodrat **** w my friends and not worry about my tummy lol. I'm not even a big person I'm 5'2 w a 26" waist and 39" hips but for some reason whenever I eat my waist can gain anywhere from 1-3 inches it's crazy

allrnder
04-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Just lift heavy. eats lots and die and leaved a big coffin bro. Thats my goal

peelsa
04-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Limit CHO intake, drink plenty of water, eat/drink easily digestible foods, maybe eat less than you normally would but make the meals protein-centric.

Thanks! I'm gonna test out different meals but I get a lot of my protein from vegan performance protein powder (30g protein, 2g carbs) mixed w water and even that seems to expand my waistline. I'll try adding less water or do half servings or something. Some of my friends were telling me to just eat fruit or even juice fast but idk . Do you think having less than 1200 calories for the 3 days would negatively affect me?

gbullock32
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks! I'm gonna test out different meals but I get a lot of my protein from vegan performance protein powder (30g protein, 2g carbs) mixed w water and even that seems to expand my waistline. I'll try adding less water or do half servings or something. Some of my friends were telling me to just eat fruit or even juice fast but idk . Do you think having less than 1200 calories for the 3 days would negatively affect me?It's a short time frame so you would be fine more than likely, but it would not be the best idea.

Plan B- take your shirt off completely and I guarantee no one will notice how your stomach looks at all.

rhadam
04-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks! I'm gonna test out different meals but I get a lot of my protein from vegan performance protein powder (30g protein, 2g carbs) mixed w water and even that seems to expand my waistline. I'll try adding less water or do half servings or something. Some of my friends were telling me to just eat fruit or even juice fast but idk . Do you think having less than 1200 calories for the 3 days would negatively affect me?

If you're talking about EDC then I don't recommend engaging in poor dietary habits like juice fasting or fasting in general. Also, note I said increase water intake not decrease. The bloating comes from foods that take longer to digest and typically carbohydrate intake. Also, if you aren't simply lean none of this even matters.

If this is for EDC I can let you know what I do as someone who suffers from body dysmorphia and attends music festivals regularly in less clothes than females typically.

Tommy W.
05-01-2018, 06:18 AM
Need pix for better advice.

shazboltan
05-01-2018, 09:52 AM
You state that even your protein shake in the morning bloats your stomach? There must be something in the shake that’s bloating it... I assume your using a vegan protein? Perhaps try something else such as pea protein, rice protein etc and see if it still boosts.

My vegan blend makes my stomach upset and as a result I’m on the toilet all day... similar bloating issues. I’m switching to pea protein today though to see if that helps 👍🏽

exyl
05-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Eat fat and protein, limit carb intake. Drink lots of water (a lot) and don’t starve yourself

Plateauplower
05-01-2018, 10:41 AM
You state that even your protein shake in the morning bloats your stomach? There must be something in the shake that’s bloating it... I assume your using a vegan protein? Perhaps try something else such as pea protein, rice protein etc and see if it still boosts.

My vegan blend makes my stomach upset and as a result I’m on the toilet all day... similar bloating issues. I’m switching to pea protein today though to see if that helps ������������

Being a vegan sounds fun and rewarding.....Should change username to Shatzbolting, or $hitsbolting :D

shazboltan
05-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Being a vegan sounds fun and rewarding.....Should change username to Shatzbolting, or $hitsbolting :D

An ordinary protein shake will also cause me to go to the toilet a lot thanks to the lactose. Lifting ain’t easy.

TheGymJim
05-01-2018, 11:38 AM
I hope this is a chick and not one of the FA weirdos from misc.

peelsa
05-01-2018, 02:58 PM

My vegan blend makes my stomach upset and as a result I’m on the toilet all day... similar bloating issues. I’m switching to pea protein today though to see if that helps

Maybe! I didn't even consider that. Just thought it was from having anything in my stomach (like it being small and all). I currently use BN Labs protein since it has the highest protein / lowest carb I've seen from vegan proteins (30g protein, 2g carbs) on Amazon anyway. And I believe it's a blend of pea, rice and hemp...so it could be any one of those. I also add creatine, glutamine, maca and peanut butter, and drink water w vegan BCAAs. right after while working out. Do those supplements cause any bloating for anyone?

SurfSteve
05-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Is it possible it's more related to posture? In the past I have found myself slumping after a huge meal especially on days I worked out too hard and over did it. It takes a lot of energy to digest food. The reason I suspected it was more related to posture was because it seemed like my belly stuck out way more than simply accounting for the amount of food I had put in it. In addition to the energy required to digest food there is considerably more energy expended if you have a slight, almost unnoticeable allergic reaction to it. I've also heard the term "wheat belly" but I think it refers to a long term reaction to the food though it is possible some short term effects are commonly being overlooked.

chamelious
05-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Maybe! I didn't even consider that. Just thought it was from having anything in my stomach (like it being small and all). I currently use BN Labs protein since it has the highest protein / lowest carb I've seen from vegan proteins (30g protein, 2g carbs) on Amazon anyway. And I believe it's a blend of pea, rice and hemp...so it could be any one of those. I also add creatine, glutamine, maca and peanut butter, and drink water w vegan BCAAs. right after while working out. Do those supplements cause any bloating for anyone?

Its worth pointing out that absolutely no supplements are necessary, and most of the ones you're buying are literally just wasting your money. Protein powder can be useful, and creatine has been shown to have positive (but slight) benefits, but literally everything else you're buying is nonsense.

shazboltan
05-02-2018, 03:41 AM
I'm vegan and eat 6 small meals a day. When I wake up in the morning my stomach is completely flat and I like my morning shape, but even if I drink my morning protein shake (285 calories), I get a little puffed out! I eat 1200 cal a day and lift and do cardio 5x a week.

I have an event coming up where I'm going to be wearing things like mesh bodysuits, bra and panty sets, etc. so I can't wear spanx or whatever...there's no way I could hide anything. I still wanna eat throughout the day (and still get enough protein lol) and kinda have to with the extracurricular activities involved in the event. No good roll ever came with an empty stomach.

Just to add I also think if you need a unbloated stomach for the event it should be fairly easy. You can try fasting for a 6+ hour window before the event to make sure all the food is digested or eat very light before / during the event such as fruits, nuts etc and no heavy carbs such as potatoes, rice etc.

vsportsguy
05-02-2018, 09:44 AM
I'm really good at this. Eat whatever you normally eat the days before (you want foods that your body is used to digesting). 1-3 days before the event drink a ton of water. 1-2 gallons a day. Stop drinking water/liquids about 16 hours before the event. An exception is you can drink a glass or two of red wine before bed for added benefit. You'll be peeing like crazy the days before and this will flush all of the sodium and bloat out of you.

The day of the event you drink as little water as possible and get some caffeine in you. Black coffee (or green tea) works well without creating excessive thirst/dryness like a caffeine pill will. Keep chapstick on you if your lips are prone to chapping. As far as foods, eat calorie dense low water content foods. Avocado, dried fruits, dates, or nuts are good options. You don't need to starve yourself because these foods will have virtually no impact on your stomach without salt and water anyway. Energy is more important.

If you have a headache or feel light headed please get some salt and water in your body.

This is only good for a slightly added benefit. I could be 5-7 lbs lighter as a 180 lb man if I did this for an event.