PDA

View Full Version : You cannot stop Gun Violence with out a GUN

rdwire88
04-04-2018, 07:19 AM
So stop trying to ban weapons and start living outside your fairy tale dreams.

nuff said

dakensta
04-04-2018, 07:28 AM
You can't stop rape with out a PENIS.
So stop trying to ban penises and start living outside your fairy tale dreams.

Tamorlane
04-04-2018, 07:32 AM
so the problem with the US being the amount of guns in existence should be solved with even more guns in existence to fall into the hands of criminals, mentally ill and children?

good thinking

gixxer0.6g
04-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Choke on our freedom boners libs

https://i.imgur.com/D5zK610.gif
https://i.imgur.com/CuxHnhz.gif

Come and get um. I dare you

rdwire88
04-04-2018, 07:37 AM
so the problem with the US being the amount of guns in existence should be solved with even more guns in existence to fall into the hands of criminals, mentally ill and children?

good thinking

Because banning weapons prevents crime..just LOL at your thinking.

ymer
04-04-2018, 07:43 AM

good thinking

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohryeY0djpMhjeK0E/giphy.gif

Tamorlane
04-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Because banning weapons prevents crime..just LOL at your thinking.

I didn't say that.

But banning things tends to make their circulation more difficult.

America's gun problem can be linked to the amount of guns per person. No other country comes close to the amount in the US, and no country has a gun violence problem like in the US.

Assuming this to be true (which can be corroborated with extensive evidence and research), your solution is to add more guns into the population that can then fall into the hands of criminals, the mentally ill and children. If you want more guns, then you support them going to these people as well.

Sinan09400
04-04-2018, 07:45 AM
fix people not gun laws

Cleveland33
04-04-2018, 08:16 AM
I didn't say that.

America's gun problem can be linked to the amount of guns per person. No other country comes close to the amount in the US, and no country has a gun violence problem like in the US.

Assuming this to be true (which can be corroborated with extensive evidence and research), your solution is to add more guns into the population that can then fall into the hands of criminals, the mentally ill and children. If you want more guns, then you support them going to these people as well.

Really? It worked so well with prohibition and the war on drugs.

25% of the population owns guns and 3% of the population own half of the guns.

They are not the people causing problems.

Dave22reborn
04-04-2018, 08:40 AM
I didn't say that.

Drugs are illegal, and they're easy to get.

Tamorlane
04-04-2018, 08:56 AM
Really? It worked so well with prohibition and the war on drugs.

It still made it more difficult to circulate. Ask anyone who has ever been arrested, convicted and imprisoned whether it's as simple as if it were legal.

25% of the population owns guns and 3% of the population own half of the guns.

Not saying law-abiding gun owners are the problem. The problem is the amount of guns in circulation are falling into the hands of people that shouldn't have them. Is adding more guns going to solve this problem?

Drugs are illegal, and they're easy to get.

That's because there's a demand for them. But you must admit it would be easier to acquire real LSD if it were legally sold on the market.

Dave22reborn
04-04-2018, 09:13 AM
It still made it more difficult to circulate. Ask anyone who has ever been arrested, convicted and imprisoned whether it's as simple as if it were legal.

Not saying law-abiding gun owners are the problem. The problem is the amount of guns in circulation are falling into the hands of people that shouldn't have them. Is adding more guns going to solve this problem?

That's because there's a demand for them. But you must admit it would be easier to acquire real LSD if it were legally sold on the market.

It's easier for teens to get drugs, then it is for them to get booze.

Tamorlane
04-04-2018, 09:19 AM
It's easier for teens to get drugs, then it is for them to get booze.

alcohol is legal and regulated by the government. There is no real access to illegally brewed alcohol for teenagers. They would have to get alcohol through legit businesses but by someone of age. This is how they get alcohol, they have to know someone or not get carded for ID. If they know someone who sells drugs there are no questions or requirements.

And I am not advocating banning guns, i'm just saying the problem in the US is because of the amount of guns. You can probably thank NRA propaganda, making people think Obama was going to put them in concentration camps.

DolphinPenis
04-04-2018, 09:29 AM
alcohol is legal and regulated by the government. There is no real access to illegally brewed alcohol for teenagers. They would have to get alcohol through legit businesses but by someone of age. This is how they get alcohol, they have to know someone or not get carded for ID. If they know someone who sells drugs there are no questions or requirements.

And I am not advocating banning guns, i'm just saying the problem in the US is because of the amount of guns. You can probably thank NRA propaganda, making people think Obama was going to put them in concentration camps.

In High School, I was drunk every weekend that I wanted to be. Your argument is invalid.

icetrauma
04-04-2018, 09:36 AM
In High School, I was drunk every weekend that I wanted to be. Your argument is invalid.

So damn true! Every area has those 1 or 2 stores that sells to minor's. But it's illegal. lmao, reality vs la la utopia. And laws only work on the law abiding citizens. Criminals don't give 2 chits about the law.

Dave22reborn
04-04-2018, 09:40 AM

You don't want to ban guns?

Dave22reborn
04-04-2018, 09:41 AM
So damn true! Every area has those 1 or 2 stores that sells to minor's. But it's illegal. lmao, reality vs la la utopia. And laws only work on the law abiding citizens. Criminals don't give 2 chits about the law.

Achmed has no problem selling cigarettes to teens, I'm sure they would have no problem selling booze to teens either.

Shortfuze
04-04-2018, 09:46 AM
If you honestly want to change the gun culture of USA then start with movies/tv shows/rap videos etc. All these media glorify and showcase gun violence, gun love, gun awesomeness, gun machoness etc. How can you tell people to change their attitudes and minds towards gun when all our heroes are using them to stop the bad guys?

Dave22reborn
04-04-2018, 09:53 AM
If you honestly want to change the gun culture of USA then start with movies/tv shows/rap videos etc. All these media glorify and showcase gun violence, gun love, gun awesomeness, gun machoness etc. How can you tell people to change their attitudes and minds towards gun when all our heroes are using them to stop the bad guys?

Propaganda then?

Shortfuze
04-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Propaganda then?

I'm just highlighting the contradictory nature of demands made by libs who demand gun control solutions and yet they openly showcase gun machoness and gun love on lib controlled media. You can't have it both ways.

Icemaing
04-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Well a woman can stop rape with a gun.

Guns basically makes everyone equal. The average men are naturally physically stronger than the average women, a gun will make them equal.

A man/woman with a gun will be equal with a mass shooter/criminal.

Citizens with guns will be equal with it's government.

I am from Brazil, and Brazil banned guns. Trust me that is not a path you want a country to go in. The politicians there are more corrupt than they have ever been (Google "Lava Jato" or "Operation Car Wash", Brazilian politicians stole BILLIONS from it's people, BILLIONS of dollars disappeared out of nowhere). Criminals do whatever the **** they want, they can safely barge into people's houses knowing they can't defend themselves. It is basically illegal to defend themselves there now as well, killing a home intruder that is trying to kill your family will make you a criminal. Basically politicians and criminals have no fear of the people anymore in a country where guns are banned. Gun free zones shows exactly that, shooters always targets "gun free zones". No fear of getting shot back in those places.

rdwire88
04-04-2018, 10:46 AM

Guns basically makes everyone equal. The average men are naturally physically stronger than the average women, a gun will make them equal.

A man/woman with a gun will be equal with a mass shooter/criminal.

Citizens with guns will be equal with it's government.

I am from Brazil, and Brazil banned guns. Trust me that is not a path you want a country to go in. The politicians there are more corrupt than they have ever been (Google "Lava Jato" or "Operation Car Wash", Brazilian politicians stole BILLIONS from it's people, BILLIONS of dollars disappeared out of nowhere). Criminals do whatever the **** they want, they can safely barge into people's houses knowing they can't defend themselves. It is basically illegal to defend themselves there now as well, killing a home intruder that is trying to kill your family will make you a criminal. Basically politicians and criminals have no fear of the people anymore in a country where guns are banned. Gun free zones shows exactly that, shooters always targets "gun free zones". No fear of getting shot back in those places.

das it mane

Tamorlane
04-04-2018, 10:47 AM

no offense, but Brazil is a ****hole as illustrated by your ancedote. Canada banned firearms for self defense yet it is considered one of the safest and most sought after countries to visit or live in.

Icemaing
04-04-2018, 11:03 AM
no offense, but Brazil is a ****hole as illustrated by your ancedote. Canada banned firearms for self defense yet it is considered one of the safest and most sought after countries to visit or live in.

That's because of their economic differences. If anything happens in Canada that their economy pops and a bunch of people loses their jobs, many of those will start stealing from others to survive, they will do whatever to survive. Same as in poorer cities in USA. They also have higher rates of thefts. But when a whole country goes down the chitter and no one in the country can defend themselves like in Brazil; the criminals will prosper, the law abiding citizens will get ****ed, and the elites will be in their gated mansions with armed security.

Every civilization has it's ups and downs. Currently USA and Canada are at it's ups or peak. Some downs can destroy a civilization though just like it did to the Roman Empire. Some downs may not completely destroy a civilization, but it can destroy many lives like during The Great Depression and the Holocaust which both were less than 80-90 years ago, some people are still alive from those horrific events. Every civilization has it's cycle though as history has shown, no civilization can keep prospering non-stop. But what happens when there is another Great Depression or genocide which can still happen as history has shown us and is still showing us, no civilization is immune to them. Will we be alive for that to happen during our lifetime? Maybe not, but if we are, I hope I can still be able to defend my family from the desperate people that are also trying to survive. During desperate times, humans will do anything to survive.

JUSA
04-04-2018, 11:14 AM
But banning things tends to make their circulation more difficult. Only for the people who 99.9% of the time are not the problem.

sooby
04-04-2018, 11:18 AM

You dismiss his argument by saying Brazil is a chithole anyways not because of gun restriction

But now you are making the link that Canada is one of the safest countries due to banning firearms for self-defense

NOT SURE IF SRS.

TexanViking
04-04-2018, 01:23 PM
America is more violent than Europe because of racial demographics, not gun control laws. Gun control laws are just reactionary, and have little effect on violence.

meenman83
04-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Regardless of what your momma says, violence does solve problems.

Godfrd824
04-04-2018, 08:23 PM
What we need is more lax self defense laws. If someone breaks into my house and I blow their head off, that's one less criminal in the world.

Unlike some people, I am willing to accept the risks that come with guns being legal, because guns allow me to defend myself and equalize uneven odds.

A gun is the only thing that will put an 80 year old woman on par to two 25 year old thugs armed with bats.

Example below;

lHX5jsomq_U

Stizzel
04-05-2018, 05:12 AM

Violent crime in canada increased after they passed laws against self defense in 1977

Tamorlane
04-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Violent crime in canada increased after they passed laws against self defense in 1977

usually a claim like this would be supported with a source

In Canada there is a 'self-defense' law that if recognized, the person gets off with no criminal charges or blame.

Canada ranks No. 2 in Best Countries list, only beaten by Switzerland
https://globalnews.ca/news/3983045/canada-no-2-best-countries/

Canada ranked as 'most admired' country in the world: report
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-ranked-as-most-admired-country-in-the-world-report-1.2470040

Keep in mind that with firearms banned for self-defense, Canadians have been placed in concentration camps.

Cleveland33
04-05-2018, 07:19 AM

Switzerland you say....

Cleveland33
04-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Stats are here:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2008007/article/10658-eng.htm

JoshSP1985
04-05-2018, 07:43 AM

If feminists want equality they would be in support of arming women.

But two issues.

1. They don't want real equality
2. They're stupid

Stizzel
04-05-2018, 08:52 AM

In Canada there is a 'self-defense' law that if recognized, the person gets off with no criminal charges or blame.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-ranked-as-most-admired-country-in-the-world-report-1.2470040

Keep in mind that with firearms banned for self-defense, Canadians have been placed in concentration camps.

Gun regulations can be more accurately referred to as victim disarmament - laws against self defense

And this is hardly the first case of a libtard attributing crime rates to gun laws in a country that already had a low crime rate

Dave22reborn
04-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Canada is turning into Sweden 2.0

Dave22reborn
04-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Switzerland you say....

Ignorance is bliss.

sooby
04-05-2018, 12:01 PM
this dude did not just post a link where Switzerland is the #1 on the best country list in an argument trying to link gun control = better country

fukn lmfao

Tamorlane
04-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Switzerland you say....

Yea, what's your point? Switzerland isn't peaceful simply because of their gun laws

Stats are here:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2008007/article/10658-eng.htm

you aren't even the person who made the claim that Canada has become more violent. Skimming through that link I see:

-Police-reported crime reaches its lowest level since 1977
-Violent crime reaches a near 20-year low
-Firearm-related robberies reach a 30-year low
-Property-related offences at lowest level in nearly 40 years
-Break and enters reach lowest point in four decades

Gun regulations can be more accurately referred to as victim disarmament - laws against self defense

And this is hardly the first case of a libtard attributing crime rates to gun laws in a country that already had a low crime rate

Is banning people from owning grenade and rocket-propelled-grendades victim disarmament? The anarchists would say yes. The person who just walked into an elementary school and blew a classroom of kids away with an RPG would say yes.

You cry that limiting gun ownership is "victim disarmament" yet you would support there being 400 guns per 100 Americans. Death tolls could be catastrophic and you people would have your heads in the sand claiming your second amendment rights. That's fine for people to do, but sit aside and let the responsible adults solve the problem.

Icemaing
04-05-2018, 01:06 PM

Again that is mostly due to their economy. Look at any poor economic country like almost any South American or African countries, all of them have high crime rates. Same as poor cities even in first world countries like USA, they also got a much higher crime rate than richer cities. Banning guns can "seem" to work in countries like Canada because their economy is already strong and there is already a low crime rate anyways. But if chit ever hits the fan, the law abiding citizens will wish they had guns on them, just like that guy interviewed from the youtube shooting also said he wished he had a gun on him. Because criminals will still be able to get guns even if banned, the only thing to make you equal with them will to also have a gun.

Can you guarantee that Canada's economy will never sink or there won't be another Great Depression? Cause if there is, crime rate will increase everywhere from desperate people trying to survive. As long-term and short-term history has shown us, it always repeats itself because humans are always the same. But in countries like Canada with a good economy, having almost no gun control laws or completely banning guns both won't make almost no difference in their crime rates because most people have jobs and work to make their money. If or when chit hits the fan and most people lose their jobs then that will be a different story.

People that are for completely banning guns must be 100% certain that there won't ever be events where they live like the Holocaust and The Great Depression that were both 70-90 years ago and genocides that is still currently happening in some places. This isn't a fear mongering post, it is just a post of history, and history always repeats itself. Just look at the Bangladesh, Rwandan, Guatemalan genocides and the current situation in South Africa ffs. Yes we don't live in those places, but we can't be certain how the world will be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now. Just like the Jews moving to Germany in the early 1900s never expected in their wildest dreams of what was going to happen to them in a few years. But IMO one thing for certain is that we, as law abiding citizens of any country should always have a right to be able to protect ourselves from any threat to ourselves and to our family.

Tamorlane
04-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Again that is mostly due to their economy. Look at any poor economic country like almost any South American or African countries, all of them have high crime rates. Same as poor cities even in first world countries like USA, they also got a much higher crime rate than richer cities. Banning guns can "seem" to work in countries like Canada because their economy is already strong and there is already a low crime rate anyways. But if chit ever hits the fan, the law abiding citizens will wish they had guns on them, just like that guy interviewed from the youtube shooting also said he wished he had a gun on him. Because criminals will still be able to get guns even if banned, the only thing to make you equal with them will to also have a gun.

Can you guarantee that Canada's economy will never sink or there won't be another Great Depression? Cause if there is, crime rate will increase everywhere from desperate people trying to survive. As long-term and short-term history has shown us, it always repeats itself because humans are always the same. But in countries like Canada with a good economy, having almost no gun control laws or completely banning guns both won't make almost no difference in their crime rates because most people have jobs and work to make their money. If or when chit hits the fan and most people lose their jobs then that will be a different story.

People that are for completely banning guns must be 100% certain that there won't ever be events where they live like the Holocaust and The Great Depression that were both 70-90 years ago and genocides that is still currently happening in some places. This isn't a fear mongering post, it is just a post of history, and history always repeats itself. Just look at the Bangladesh, Rwandan, Guatemalan genocides and the current situation in South Africa ffs. Yes we don't live in those places, but we can't be certain how the world will be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now. Just like the Jews moving to Germany in the early 1900s never expected in their wildest dreams of what was going to happen to them in a few years. But IMO one thing for certain is that we, as law abiding citizens of any country should always have a right to be able to protect ourselves from any threat to ourselves and to our family.

I agree with you entirely, I think people should be allowed to own guns for self-defense and I do fear government's being capable of rounding people up after banning all guns like how it has happened in the past century.

But none of that takes away from the fact that there is a unique and unprecedented gun problem in the US caused by the amount of guns in circulation falling into the hands of those who shouldn't have them in the first place (criminals, mentally-ill and children).

Procta
04-05-2018, 01:15 PM
http://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29791592_1781385455255397_5015599161148440576_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=47fa2f6a1f444db3df6486841d6bb689&oe=5B6E95B3

Cleveland33
04-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Yea, what's your point? Switzerland isn't peaceful simply because of their gun laws

you aren't even the person who made the claim that Canada has become more violent. Skimming through that link I see:

Go look at the pictures and you will see the rise in violent crime after 1977. Lately is has been coming back down, but the immediate reaction to the laws was a rise in crime.

Switzerland...come on, think it through