PDA

View Full Version : Working out late at night, need advice.

stevie2007
03-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Work M-F 9am - 6pm. Come home at 7pm, eat dinner, then I workout 9pm-10pm. Come home after workout, too tired to eat a post workout meal and quickly crash.

Currently bulking. I'm already eating 3 meals starting at breakfast hours spaced out apart. Do I really need to eat a solid meal post workout? Note I have to be in bed by 11pm since I wanna rest up and have to get up early for work so I cannot eat anything after working out late night because if I do, my stomach will be digesting **** and mess with my sleep. Right now, I've been working out and going to bed without eating but eating a heavy breakfast before work. Does this suffice?

Thanks in advance.

Plateauplower
03-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Work M-F 9am - 6pm. Come home at 7pm, eat dinner, then I workout 9pm-10pm. Come home after workout, too tired to eat a post workout meal and quickly crash.

Currently bulking. I'm already eating 3 meals starting at breakfast hours spaced out apart. Do I really need to eat a solid meal post workout? Note I have to be in bed by 11pm since I wanna rest up and have to get up early for work so I cannot eat anything after working out late night because if I do, my stomach will be digesting **** and mess with my sleep. Right now, I've been working out and going to bed without eating but eating a heavy breakfast before work. Does this suffice?

Thanks in advance.

It will be just fine, hit your macros on a daily basis.

nickvda
03-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Yea, just hit your macros. Your body and the mirror will let you know if you are not eating enough. If you start feeling hungry after workouts, consider eating a small snack or something before going to bed. But again, as long as you hit your macros, you will be fine.

Pur3p3r50n
03-27-2018, 02:27 PM
Have you actually tried eating before bed, or do you think digestion will mess with your sleep because of some folklore you've heard? Many people sleep better on a full stomach.

SubWooferCooker
03-27-2018, 02:35 PM
I train from around 10pm - 11 pm, eat directly after and sleep directly after, i sleep fine.

ErikTheElectric
03-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Eat more at breakfast and or bigger snacks at work?

stevie2007
03-27-2018, 11:58 PM
Have you actually tried eating before bed, or do you think digestion will mess with your sleep because of some folklore you've heard? Many people sleep better on a full stomach.

I have. Usually anything with protein especially animal protein keeps me tossing and turning all night if eaten too close to bedtime so I'd rather not eat right before bed.

stevie2007
03-28-2018, 12:05 AM
Eat more at breakfast and or bigger snacks at work?

Yeah I've just been having a bigger breakfast. I know as long as I hit my macros, I'll be good to go.

Nedo
03-28-2018, 05:26 AM
Have you tried a protein shake immediately after workout? Less filling and quicker digesting than a meal too.

I can't get to bed right after workout, too wired for a good 2 hrs.