PDA

View Full Version : Confused about how many calories I need to eat per day

LielS30
03-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Hi guys. I'm currently bulking and started to count my calories. The thing is I'm confused with what my calorie target should be and I'm afraid of bulking the wrong way (eating in a too big of a surplus etc) I calculated my TDEE for bulking and it's an estimated 3.3k calories, and then another source says my calorie intake for bulking is 2.8k calories.

Height: 158lbs (71.5kg) Weight: 5'9" (175cm) Age: 18 in a month Male

I'd be really happy if you guys could help me.

xsquid99
03-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Its really simple, eat until you see gain of about 2 lbs per month. Start with small increases and monitor your weight for 2 weeks, if you've gained 1 lb then continue, if you're less than 1 lb then eat more, if you're over 1 lb eat less.

Vakisenx
03-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Its really simple, eat until you see gain of about 2 lbs per month. Start with small increases and monitor your weight for 2 weeks, if you've gained 1 lb then continue, if you're less than 1 lb then eat more, if you're over 1 lb eat less.

^^This.Plus keep in mind that when you start eating at a surplus the first two weeks you will gain some extra pounds,but don't worry most of that will be water weight which is unavoidable.And yeah those numbers are ESTIMATES,not your real TDEE. As stated above you'll have to figure out your tdee with monitoring your weight.