PDA

View Full Version : Budgeting to go from 165 to 200 lbs

koveus
03-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Hello all,

Currently I'm in the process of getting back into working out as I'm tired of being fairly weak. I'm 28 years old and it's been 6 years since I've worked out consistently and only weigh about 165 lbs at 6'1. I was able to reach up to about 185 lbs when I was 20 years old after working out for two years (was probably 155-160 lbs when I was 18) and eating about 2800 calories a day and working out 4 days sometimes 5 a week and was the healthiest I've ever been.

Unfortunately at 23 years old I started smoking cigarettes and fell off the health wagon and since then my diet has been mostly sub par and calorie depived and I lost a lot of health. I don't have any health issues or anything but I'm sure the lack of nutrition and exercise caused muscular degradation and a loss in bone and joint strength.

My overall goal is to reach at least 200 lbs within a year to a year and a half and was wondering if it was possible without breaking the bank if I currently weigh in a 165.

My budget is around 400 dollars a month... would that be enough to also include protein powders and supplements?

And, would working out 2-3 times a week be sufficient if during the off days I did a few push ups and sit ups?

What should I eat to reach my goal without overstressing the digestion?

agonzalez7679
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Hello all,

Currently I'm in the process of getting back into working out as I'm tired of being fairly weak. I'm 28 years old and it's been 6 years since I've worked out consistently and only weigh about 165 lbs at 6'1. I was able to reach up to about 185 lbs when I was 20 years old after working out for two years (was probably 155-160 lbs when I was 18) and eating about 2800 calories a day and working out 4 days sometimes 5 a week and was the healthiest I've ever been.

Unfortunately at 23 years old I started smoking cigarettes and fell off the health wagon and since then my diet has been mostly sub par and calorie depived and I lost a lot of health. I don't have any health issues or anything but I'm sure the lack of nutrition and exercise caused muscular degradation and a loss in bone and joint strength.

My overall goal is to reach at least 200 lbs within a year to a year and a half and was wondering if it was possible without breaking the bank if I currently weigh in a 165.

My budget is around 400 dollars a month... would that be enough to also include protein powders and supplements?

And, would working out 2-3 times a week be sufficient if during the off days I did a few push ups and sit ups?

What should I eat to reach my goal without overstressing the digestion?

You want to go from 165 to 200 lbs. Your goal is within a year to a year and a half. If we say, a year and a half (18 months), then you're looking at about 2 lbs per month. That sounds like a realistic goal.

For your budget, I wouldn't stress about supplements if they don't fit into your budget. If you could fit them in and they help you, sure get them.

Eggs, milk, yogurt, rice, oats, beans, peanut butter, etc are all fairly cheap and you can also buy in bulk to save.

I'd suggest reading the stickies and finding a good workout plan that fits for you, many full body plans are 3 days a week.

yoojungl
03-21-2018, 06:24 AM
Utilize your budget for whole foods first, that should be your #1 priority. I'd suggest going in a structured workout program and easing into it and your own pace and listening to your body as well. Good luck with your goals! :)