PDA

View Full Version : weird pc graphical issue...

exxtracool
03-17-2018, 10:37 AM
current PC: r7 1700x b350 (garbage board) rx 480

so recently when i turn on my pc after letting it go into sleep mode, the screen will be 'fuzzy', as in background static. some times its not as fuzzy and i can still see the windows login and some times its completely fuked....

it fixes if i turn the monitor off and on like 2-3 times. i dont know that the issue is.. is it the video card, monitor, or motherboard?

dcbone30
03-17-2018, 11:31 AM
current PC: r7 1700x b350 (garbage board) rx 480

so recently when i turn on my pc after letting it go into sleep mode, the screen will be 'fuzzy', as in background static. some times its not as fuzzy and i can still see the windows login and some times its completely fuked....

it fixes if i turn the monitor off and on like 2-3 times. i dont know that the issue is.. is it the video card, monitor, or motherboard?

Try another cable/monitor/port/gpu/pc not necessarily in that order.

InstantLoser
03-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Does it do it when you boot it from full-shut down (ie cold boot)? The problem could be sleep mode. Are you using a DisplayPort connection or HDMI? DP has had known issues with sleep modes since its inception like 9 years ago. That said, as dcbon30 mentioned above, try another cable, port, etc. HDMI usually doesn't have these issues, so if you aren't using a monitor with a refresh rate above 60 (something like a higher end 100hz+ panel), just use HDMI and the problem should dissipate (or quit putting it in sleep mode and just shut it down properly each day).

exxtracool
03-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Try another cable/monitor/port/gpu/pc not necessarily in that order.

Does it do it when you boot it from full-shut down (ie cold boot)? The problem could be sleep mode. Are you using a DisplayPort connection or HDMI? DP has had known issues with sleep modes since its inception like 9 years ago. That said, as dcbon30 mentioned above, try another cable, port, etc. HDMI usually doesn't have these issues, so if you aren't using a monitor with a refresh rate above 60 (something like a higher end 100hz+ panel), just use HDMI and the problem should dissipate (or quit putting it in sleep mode and just shut it down properly each day).no, from a cold boot it never happens. im using a dual link cable that came with my monitor.

ill try the hdmi to see if its the cables fault, but, like you mentioned, my monitor is 120hz so that cant be a permanent fix.

tbh i could just turn sleep mode off, but im more so worried it ccould be some underlying problem with the video card or mobo (although im likely getting a better mobo very soon).

InstantLoser
03-17-2018, 04:45 PM
no, from a cold boot it never happens. im using a dual link cable that came with my monitor.

ill try the hdmi to see if its the cables fault, but, like you mentioned, my monitor is 120hz so that cant be a permanent fix.

tbh i could just turn sleep mode off, but im more so worried it ccould be some underlying problem with the video card or mobo (although im likely getting a better mobo very soon).

If it never happens from a cold boot then it's a sleep mode problem, and likely what I mentioned. You can continue to use your DisplayPort connection if you simply shut the machine down after each use.