PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign A.J. Mccarron

bigcat3655
03-14-2018, 04:37 PM
2 year deal. Guess they aren't trading up any higher to get a qb. I'll say this, this is probably the most entertaining off-season I've seen in awhile. League is going to look a lot different next year.

iamgenus
03-14-2018, 04:54 PM
If AJ McCarron prevents them from drafting a QB in the first round then they deserve to keep losing.

It helps them not look super desperate so teams don't bend them over in trade talks.

GolfPants
03-14-2018, 05:03 PM
If AJ McCarron prevents them from drafting a QB in the first round then they deserve to keep losing.

It helps them not look super desperate so teams don't bend them over in trade talks.

No way. They've shown their hand. They're all in on getting a QB.

This is just making sure they have a competent placeholder if they don't wanna start the rookie week 1. Much like what the Browns did getting Tyrod.

bezarker
03-14-2018, 06:50 PM
MlW7T0SUH0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlW7T0SUH0E

sammywatkins
03-14-2018, 06:50 PM

Really they're ****ed either way. The browns, giants, Broncos, and jets are all in the market for a qb. And they all have higher picks than the bills. The bills would have to drastically overpay for the Colts pick to get a qb, cause the Colts could slide back a pick or 2, get more draft picks, and likely still get their guy, chubb.

devin45k
03-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Honestly would have almost been better off with Tyrod. At least he had a lot of teammates that liked him already.

HughBMyron
03-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Really they're ****ed either way. The browns, giants, Broncos, and jets are all in the market for a qb. And they all have higher picks than the bills. The bills would have to drastically overpay for the Colts pick to get a qb, cause the Colts could slide back a pick or 2, get more draft picks, and likely still get their guy, chubb.

The bills are historically bad at draft day trades.

They could have just picked mahomes or watson last year, decided to trade it away.

This year they have the 12th and 22nd. I wouldn't be shocked if they grouped those ups to move up to 3 to take a rosen or darnold.

Hoyer4MVP
03-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Honestly would have almost been better off with Tyrod. At least he had a lot of teammates that liked him already.

They got the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod. I’m sure they’re happy with how that worked out.

BigBallsMcgee
03-15-2018, 03:17 AM

Not with the kind of offense they want to run. They never wanted to play to his strengths.

Plus, if they draft Rosen or Mayfield likely they're going to start from week 1 anyway

BigBallsMcgee
03-15-2018, 03:18 AM

The bills are desperate and have the draft capital to pay the price. It'll be 12, 22, and either a second or next year's 1st.

Brandon Bean and Mcdermott's fate is in the hands of this draft pick. If they miss, they're out.

BigBallsMcgee
03-15-2018, 03:21 AM
No way. They've shown their hand. They're all in on getting a QB.

This is just making sure they have a competent placeholder if they don't wanna start the rookie week 1. Much like what the Browns did getting Tyrod.

Tyrod is different, because he's actually proven to be a viable NFL starter. You just dont give up 3rd rounder unless you are absolutely planning to play him. It makes me pretty sure the Browns are drafting Josh Allen

turk75
03-15-2018, 05:11 AM
If the Bills want one of the 4 big named QB's everyone is talking about they'll need to make a trade with either the Colts at 3 or the Browns at 4. With that being said I could see the Broncos and Jets wanting to do the exact same. After picks 1 & 2 in the draft it's going to get pretty entertaining.

BigBallsMcgee
03-15-2018, 05:54 AM
If the Bills want one of the 4 big named QB's everyone is talking about they'll need to make a trade with either the Colts at 3 or the Browns at 4. With that being said I could see the Broncos and Jets wanting to do the exact same. After picks 1 & 2 in the draft it's going to get pretty entertaining.

The jets and broncos don't have the capital to match the bills. Bills will win easily with 3 picks to the Colts or browns

Critter5592
03-15-2018, 06:03 AM
I never understood trading around these mediocre QB's. If I was a NFL franchise I am tanking for best QB pick every year until I have a legit future.

Dennis71
03-15-2018, 08:44 AM

Deserve to keep losing? Bills went to the playoffs last year.

The bills are historically bad at draft day trades.
They could have just picked mahomes or watson last year, decided to trade it away.

This year they have the 12th and 22nd. I wouldn't be shocked if they grouped those ups to move up to 3 to take a rosen or darnold.

Because Mahomes is a guaranteed star?
We traded back, got ammunition for this years draft (that has much better qb prospects) and got tre white (2nd ranked corner in the nfl last year)