PDA

View Full Version : Set Your DVRs!! Must watch TV!

RIKTER
03-07-2018, 10:19 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/03/06/cbs-pilot-white-dad-widowed-cop-kills-black-husband/

CBS Pilot: White Dad Widowed After Cop Kills His Black Husband

The potential hourlong drama follows the events that follow after a white Chicago police officer mistakenly shoots and kills a black doctor.

RIKTER
03-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Guess Im the only one eagerly awaiting this new Emmy award winning TV series. Very sad.

Ephedra
03-07-2018, 04:13 PM
An hour of watching somebody peel oranges would spark my interest more.

Bushmaster
03-07-2018, 05:02 PM
"Lets see... how can we come up with something more... Oh I dunno, Social Justice-ish? You know something really really edgy that just screams 2018! Any ideas?"

"Well.. um, how about a show where a White Dad is Widowed After Cop Kills His Black Husband? It's got everything! Interracial gay marriage, single gay parents, and murdering cops! Americans will love it!"

DizzySmalls
03-07-2018, 05:05 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/03/06/cbs-pilot-white-dad-widowed-cop-kills-black-husband/

CBS Pilot: White Dad Widowed After Cop Kills His Black Husband

The potential hourlong drama follows the events that follow after a white Chicago police officer mistakenly shoots and kills a black doctor.
I think I'm going to need to be on pills in order to tolerate the future of our culture.

StoliFun
03-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Alright.

WestAfrica
03-07-2018, 05:35 PM
How many tv shows come out a year? No one is making you watch. The main actor is actually good and has been in plenty of good shows before.

Tears
03-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Interracial gay couple... lmfao... you can’t make this stuff up.

Oh, wait yes you can

Bushmaster
03-07-2018, 05:56 PM
How many tv shows come out a year? No one is making you watch. The main actor is actually good and has been in plenty of good shows before.

So?

exxtracool
03-07-2018, 06:02 PM
How many tv shows come out a year? No one is making you watch. The main actor is actually good and has been in plenty of good shows before.are you implying that the subject matter of tv shows shouldnt be up for debate because 'you dont have to watch them'..??

how would you feel if netflix made a show about the KKK going around hanging black people? no one is making you watch. the main actor is actually good and has been in plenty of good shows before.

WestAfrica
03-07-2018, 06:13 PM
are you implying that the subject matter of tv shows shouldnt be up for debate because 'you dont have to watch them'..??

how would you feel if netflix made a show about the KKK going around hanging black people? no one is making you watch. the main actor is actually good and has been in plenty of good shows before.

I mean I’d prob watch it if it were good, I wouldn’t rage and complain about it.

Bushmaster
03-07-2018, 06:14 PM
I mean I’d prob watch it if it were good, I wouldn’t rage and complain about it.

Of course you wouldn't.

StoliFun
03-07-2018, 06:22 PM
are you implying that the subject matter of tv shows shouldnt be up for debate because 'you dont have to watch them'..??

There's a false equivalency if I've ever seen one.

exxtracool
03-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Theresa false equivalency if I've ever seen one.theyre both tv shows about themes directly target certain groups by way of political/ideological bias...

Albeit my hypothetical show was exaggerated to prove a point.

But there's no logical inequivalence, maybe you should look up what that means bro.

StoliFun
03-07-2018, 06:29 PM
theyre both tv shows about themes directly target certain groups by way of political/ideological bias...

Albeit my hypothetical show was exaggerated to prove a point.

But there's no logical inequivalence, maybe you should look up what that means bro.

I grew up in Georgia near actual Klansmen.

That is a false equivalency.

exxtracool
03-07-2018, 06:30 PM
I grew up in Georgia near actual Klansmen.

That is a false equivalency.cool

Roldz
03-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Really went all in with this one.

Did they adopt a transgender muslim child too?

Ephedra
03-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Really went all in with this one.

Did they adopt a transgender muslim child too?

Don't spoil the last episode's climax.

NitrogenWidget
03-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Interracial gay couple... lmfao... you can’t make this stuff up.

Oh, wait yes you can

Works in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Procta
03-08-2018, 05:46 AM
Ill stick to watching grass grow

RIKTER
03-08-2018, 12:23 PM
I grew up in Georgia near actual Klansmen..

GaChase is a different man now.

CaliSuperSport
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Damn they created some new checkboxes to tick off with this one.

gwem32170191
03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
RIP Captain Holt, you were a good man and its a shame you got murdered by your own after your started your dentistry practice.

https://i.imgur.com/undefined.jpg

PSToolman
03-08-2018, 03:49 PM
There are some 500 hours of airtime to fill every hour and the writing gets pretty watered down. The themes mentioned in the OP are relatively new in terms of what is acceptable on TV, so writers are still exploring them. Eventually such themes will become part of the static and some new controversial subject matter will be rustling jimmies. It's been an endless cycle since TV first started.

Whatever happened to George Carlin's "Seven Words"? I think the list is down to four. S***, piss, and tits are all acceptable now.

Sigurd33
03-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Wow. I am literally shaking right now. It is the current year, and a Muslim transgender Hispanic is not represented in a new TV show?! Bigots! What about trans-racial dwarves with blue hair too? Don't they matter?!

My virtue signalling skill level is 50 by the way. Using Twitter for diatribes of social justice warrior commentary was a life hack to boost my level.